Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am delivert!

During inspection I just found a nick on the door handle. They noted it and asked me to make a service request within 7 days. Car is amazing. The stereo is Model S ish now. Just all around a great car.

Delivery Day.jpg

Attachments

• Door Handle.jpg
    Door Handle.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 3
Little update... likely means nothing, but will share.

Sg/black, Midwest, 4/23 @ 9:30pm EST. EDD is currently 6/20-6/30 (changed to this Monday). I stopped at my local Tesla store today to see if any updates. Overall not much. However, the lady asked if I wanted her to check my account for any updates, but noted that typically it just shows the EDD. She brought out her laptop and looked around for a bit after I gave her my RN. Then she made kind of a surprised face and said something around the lines of "well its always subject to change, but it looks like delivery on 6/22". She said should get a VIN soon. She acted kind of weird about it though, and just kept saying "lets just say, likely 6/22". It was a weird exchange. Not sure if this means anything or if they can truly see anything from their end? But i have heard that typically they know no more than we do so I will take it with a grain of salt. But if they see nothing on her end, I don't see how she would benefit even saying that. Why wouldn't she just say yup shows nothing keep waiting lol. Anyone else have an experience like this and how did it actually turn out?

The software was updating as I did my checks on the car. I'm on v12 ⁦(2024.14.100.1 6b6eb0e1a832)⁩. Good luck tomorrow!

Wait. Does that mean it updated to 2024.14.100.1 or that 2024.14.100.1 was on there and a newer version was downloading? I'm curious because mine came with 2024.14.100.1 and the .100 versions are always oddball versions that end up being pushed to just a handful of cars.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I am delivert!

During inspection I just found a nick on the door handle. They noted it and asked me to make a service request within 7 days. Car is amazing. The stereo is Model S ish now. Just all around a great car.

View attachment 1054229
One of these times if you know I’m somewhere I am so game to get some video of the new M3P vs my refresh MS LR.

Also just saying that Pueblo is doing test and tune tomorrow night 🤷

Let's recalculate the total power output using 20 amps per battery, and then convert it to horsepower.

Given:
- Voltage per cell (V) = 4.2 volts
- Current per cell (I) = 20 amps
- Total number of cells = 4,416

First, calculate the power output of a single cell:

P_single = 4.2 volts * 20 amps = 84 watts

Next, multiply this by the total number of cells to get the total power output:

P_total = 84 watts/cell * 4,416 cells

Let's do the multiplication:

P_total = 84 * 4,416
P_total = 370,944 watts
P_total = 370.944 kW

Now, convert the power from kilowatts to horsepower:

370.944 kW * 1.341 HP/kW approx 497.222 HP

Therefore, the total power output when all cells are fully charged and producing 4.2 volts at 20 amps each is approximately 497.2 horsepower.

There is a possibility of short term boost though:
Some claim a max 24.8A/cell in Tesla, which would result in 615HP
I have seen it report 448 KW(601 HP) for combined front and rear motor realtime output before. 462 KW is the theoretical max output but it could never reach that in the old car. I am curious to see what Canbus reads when I get mine next Thursday.

Little update... likely means nothing, but will share.

Sg/black, Midwest, 4/23 @ 9:30pm EST. EDD is currently 6/20-6/30 (changed to this Monday). I stopped at my local Tesla store today to see if any updates. Overall not much. However, the lady asked if I wanted her to check my account for any updates, but noted that typically it just shows the EDD. She brought out her laptop and looked around for a bit after I gave her my RN. Then she made kind of a surprised face and said something around the lines of "well its always subject to change, but it looks like delivery on 6/22". She said should get a VIN soon. She acted kind of weird about it though, and just kept saying "lets just say, likely 6/22". It was a weird exchange. Not sure if this means anything or if they can truly see anything from their end? But i have heard that typically they know no more than we do so I will take it with a grain of salt. But if they see nothing on her end, I don't see how she would benefit even saying that. Why wouldn't she just say yup shows nothing keep waiting lol. Anyone else have an experience like this and how did it actually turn out?
Interesting, because my exchange today with the SA said July - August today. Looks like we’ll find out towards the end of June.

Either way, the car comes when it comes. Whether it’s July or in fall it’ll be here eventually.

Text or call them and ask. It may delay your order considerably though.
I ran up to the delivery center (their mailbox was full) and had them update the delivery location. I asked if they had delivered any performance 3's yet and the person I talked to didn't seem to think so.

After I get a VIN I will go back up and see if they can annotate that I do not want the front plate holder installed (required in VA but not in NC obviously).

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I ran up to the delivery center (their mailbox was full) and had them update the delivery location. I asked if they had delivered any performance 3's yet and the person I talked to didn't seem to think so.

After I get a VIN I will go back up and see if they can annotate that I do not want the front plate holder installed (required in VA but not in NC obviously).

Did that delay your EDD? I just did a delivery change location today.

Welp. I put in an order. Unfortunately I ordered Slate Grey. [sorry SG owners]

These are my worthless opinions...
White [meh]
Blue [hot at night but only at night]
Red [Front end looks incredible but there's something just not right with the rear and the sides are just ok.]
SG [borrrrriiinnggg]
Black [Best looking when clean....but...I moved to a house on a dirt road a year ago so there goes that]

My plan is to take delivery, bring it to a garage right away, remove the trim, and paintbrush it. Stay tuned. 😆

Did that delay your EDD? I just did a delivery change location today.
I don't have a VIN yet, so I'd assume not. When I checked this morning I was in the July-August group (was June yesterday).

I'm more annoyed that the app didn't ask during my order like they did the last two times I ordered (granted this was all done via the website and not the app back in 2018).

Welp. I put in an order. Unfortunately I ordered Slate Grey. [sorry SG owners]

These are my worthless opinions...
White [meh]
Blue [hot at night but only at night]
Red [Front end looks incredible but there's something just not right with the rear and the sides are just ok.]
SG [borrrrriiinnggg]
Black [Best looking when clean....but...I moved to a house on a dirt road a year ago so there goes that]

My plan is to take delivery, bring it to a garage right away, remove the trim, and paintbrush it. Stay tuned. 😆
Well, that didn’t take long. You went from posting a new thread a few minutes ago, asking existing 2024 M3P owners if they felt the refreshed Performance trim is as nimble and fun to drive as the outgoing model. Then, a few minutes later, you delete your thread and pull the trigger on an order. I think you made the correct decision…. 🤣

By the way, what color will you “paintbrush” your new M3P when it arrives? 🙃

Well, that didn’t take long. You went from posting a new thread a few minutes ago, asking existing 2024 M3P owners if they felt the refreshed Performance trim is as nimble and fun to drive as the outgoing model. Then, a few minutes later, you delete your thread and pull the trigger on an order. I think you made the correct decision…. 🤣
No threads were deleted at all. I actually ordered the car before posting both things. It's only $250. "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

p.s. Judging by your signature I'd very much like to hear your opinions on the new P3 when you get it. :)

p.p.s Just saw your question. The answer is a bunch...

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 6.07.52 PM.png

• Funny
Reactions: GreenHokie
No threads were deleted at all. I actually ordered the car before posting both things. It's only $250. "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

p.s. Judging by your signature I'd very much like to hear your opinions on the new P3 when you get it. :)

View attachment 1054244

View attachment 1054244

Ahh, sorry about that. I thought you had deleted that other thread but I now see that it’s still there.
Yes, I’ll absolutely share/post my opinion when I receive it. With some luck, I’ll be able to take delivery sometime next week (current EDD shows June 9-18).

You wouldn’t dare paint your new M3P all those different colors! 🤪 😁

• Love
Reactions: phantasms
Interesting, because my exchange today with the SA said July - August today. Looks like we’ll find out towards the end of June.

Either way, the car comes when it comes. Whether it’s July or in fall it’ll be here eventually.
Yeah ha it’s just nice to have some what of an idea for planning purposes, but totally get it could come whenever.

I just totally expected her to be like yup it says EDD is still 6/20-6/30. So I was a little shocked when she really made it seem like it was expected to deliver 6/22. Not sure how she gatherered that info though or why she would make it up.

then again, I have seen tons of people post here that the SAs just spew out bs most of the time lol. Over time I have seen a few people post on here who said they went in and their SA gave them a date, but I can’t recall if that ever ended up being accurate or completely made up. I was hoping to hear from someone who also experienced their SA telling them a date before a VIN.

Hoping you get yours sooner than later!!

so I’m curious if changing my color to blue from SG would get me it sooner. My Tesla advisor confirmed I won’t lose my spot in the queue because I don’t have a VIN yet I just know that like 60% (of the ones on the tracker sheet) were SG because after the second price update you could only do one of the other exterior or interior color. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1835.jpeg
    IMG_1835.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 2
I am delivert!

View attachment 1054229
Congrats, but now the tracker is going to go to *sugar* because @M3PDenver got his car!