Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh yeah that looks so sharp =/

My previous cars were white. White looks nice even when not freshly cleaned which is nice, but the fallout/brake dust (i.e. orange spots) drive me CRAZY on white cars and is such a pain to get off (clay bar). Bugs also seem to be noticeable on white. Not sure how grey compares to white? Never had a grey car.

The other big thing holding me back is whether it will delay my VIN. I ordered Sg/Black 4/23 @ 930PM EST in Midwest state. Still no VIN. Any thoughts on whether switching to white would likely speed up VIN or slow it down? Thanks.
There is not much braking on an electric unless you go to the track.

As whether or not changing a color will delay your VIN is just impossible to predict.

I see some folks on the tracker that ordered in May and already have their cars while some day 1 folks don't even have a VIN yet. Heck changing your color may even get you a VIN quicker

Shocked at the sheer amount of Red and Grays out there. Did anyone order Black blue or white? lol
You can check the tracker and see plenty of folks have ordered other colors! :)

I ordered blue, myself. It's the nicest overall color of the lot, in my opinion, with red a very close second, so I can definitely understand the allure of this shade of red. Tesla really did well on it.

There is not much braking on an electric unless you go to the track.

As whether or not changing a color will delay your VIN is just impossible to predict.

I see some folks on the tracker that ordered in May and already have their cars while some day 1 folks don't even have a VIN yet. Heck changing your color may even get you a VIN quicker
Yeah I know it's such a gamble ha. Part of me says there are WAY less white orders than SG, so maybe it will come faster because when they do make white M3P, there won't be as much demand. Then on the other hand I wonder if they are making way more SG because that is the most popular color that now qualifies for the tax credit.

You didn't make my life easier showing me that vid haha it does look sharp....

• Funny
Reactions: Raptor911
Day 1 order first half hour. Picking up my SG/Black tomorrow at 4pm. Originally scheduled for Monday but I went in to SC to see if they could get me in earlier and that’s the best they could do. I want a little time with it before I start my work week again. My tint guy may come to my job and install Monday. Stealth PPF scheduled for the following Monday. I’ve been watching this car when it was just a rumor daily so it does feel like forever that I’ve been waiting. I hope I sleep well tonight.

Is this orange peel paint something people are typically asking them to fix? Or do you just deal w/ it?
Manufacturers allow a certain amount of orange peel in their paint jobs primarily due to cost. Achieving a perfectly smooth finish without orange peel is much more time-consuming and expensive. Since most consumers are unaware of or indifferent to orange peel, they are unlikely to notice it, making the additional expense unjustifiable.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
They won’t fix that. It what factory paint looks like for most vehicles. It’s not a defect.

Even if they did say they would fix it (they wouldnt, but lets live in a world where they would), their "fix" would be to detail the car again, by someone who probably does not have a lot of skill doing that, polishing off way too much clear coat. For anyone who could see the orange peel on the car, it would never be satisfactory if Tesla tried to fix it.

Back to the real world (where they are almost definitely not attempting to fix orange peel paint appearance....)

Is this orange peel paint something people are typically asking them to fix? Or do you just deal w/ it?

You either live with it yourself, Detail it yourself to your satisfaction if you have the desire and skill to deal with it that way, or take it to a trusted detailer who will deal with it for you.

Today my EDD went from June 25-30 to June 29-30. The five day window was one of the shortest I’d seen, but now a one day window… why must Tesla tease me so much?!!! Hurry up and send me my VIN# already 🤷🏻‍♂️😭View attachment 1054710
Out of nowhere this afternoon, my VIN HAS FINALLY ARRIVED! Even better, my EDD changed to June 8-17!!! So excited and can’t wait until that delivery is scheduled so I can finally take her home ❤️

thrilled with my delivery today!

My first impression report is as follows: Wow.

Now on to the important decision about what to name the car.

10412661-F96F-4484-B3CB-93B746F6177A.jpeg

I had my windows tinted. The guy that did them asked what the symbol in the set was because the glass was different with this trim. I assured him that all 24s have the same glass. He then assured me he hadn't hand cut a window in 6 years. I then asked him if he was sure that he worked on a highland (pointed to headlights) and he was certain.

So, do we have different glass than the standard M3, or was he mistaken and not tinted a highland yet?

"Computer cut" tint databases are updated frequently. The "acoustic" / laminated glass used on all "Highland" model rear windows have been around for about half a year now. I'm getting my windows tinting in a couple of weeks and my shop can see 2024 windows in the database. Regardless I believe the new frameless laminated rear glass windows are still the same size as before since the body has not changed. You can always just trust your eyes for judging proper fit.