Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man that thing looks GREAT! Where are you going in Austin for your PPF? Who does front windshields in town?
XPEL Corporate for PPF and front windshield because they said they'd be able to do 70% on the windshield. AND they give 10% off for TMC members. I've heard Authentic Details is also great for XPEL products. I quoted Austin Auto Finishes as well but was not too familiar with their tint (Madico) or PPF offerings (Premium Elite).

Reactions: meritum_est
View attachment 1055238View attachment 1055239

Got it tinted!
Front windows 30%
Rear windows 5%
Rear windshield 15%
Sunroof 15%

Will do windshield 70% soon and front ppf

Also for anyone in Austin, I went to the Tesla showroom in the Domain and they only had a white non performance 3 there (and no other cars). Not sure if I caught them during some car shuffling. Anyways, the Pond Springs delivery center has a M3P which I mentioned in another post
That is fantastic!! Just curious, if you didn’t do the sun roof and a little lighter on the back window, do you think the transition would be noticeable? I’m on the fence about doing the sunroof

This seems to be a highland change not specific to the M3P. I was surprised as well. Seems to be just a cost saving thing. I also have 3 kids and they all love the rear heated seats in my 2021 LR. There is definitely going to be some arguing about the middle seat now. That being said it's not common to have a heated middle seat in a sports sedan, just got spoiled by the prior first gen M3.
Is the 2024 deferent in this respect? My 2021 M3P has the rear heated middle seat.

Why does anyone expect a <$55k car to outperform an $88k (currently) car? Nobody should even expect it with the $73k AWD S for anything other than 0-60.

The post you are quoting has a video of "the old model 3 performance" vs the "new model 3 performance". @cptnslo was just pointing out that people had posted the same video about those two cars drag racing multiple times.

No one was talking about "model S" in the post you quoted.

Why does anyone expect a <$55k car to outperform an $88k (currently) car? Nobody should even expect it with the $73k AWD S for anything other than 0-60.
1) Not sure what that has to do with the video / post you're quoting

2) No one should expect it to be faster than the MSP, but I can understand people hoping / expecting the fast version of a lower end car to be faster than the base / mid end version of the higher end car. That's pretty common (e.g BMW M3 vs 540i, RS4 vs S6, C63 vs E450 and so on). Not how Tesla chose to play things.

EDD1: June 2024
EDD2: Jul-Aug

5 min ago: Aug 3 - Sep 14 🤬

Taking this with a grain of salt, but still disappointing to see!
That’s going into Q3. Someone iirc said first few batches go somewhere specific, followed by everyone else, then ending in prioritizing west coast deliveries.

So it sounds like those that don’t get their VINs by the end of this month will be waiting to August - September.

On the tracker it looks like there’s one 4/23 order that got August - September, a Midwest order. I am suspecting those will be delayed to that timeframe who don’t make the mid to late June deliveries.

May the odds be ever in your favor

That’s going into Q3. Someone iirc said first few batches go somewhere specific, followed by everyone else, then ending in prioritizing west coast deliveries.

So it sounds like those that don’t get their VINs by the end of this month will be waiting to August - September.

On the tracker it looks like there’s one 4/23 order that got August - September, a Midwest order. I am suspecting those will be delayed to that timeframe who don’t make the mid to late June deliveries.

May the odds be ever in your favor
At the rate of how slowly VINs are going out right now, I don't have much faith that many will be taking delivery by the end of the month unless you live in Ca.

At the rate of how slowly VINs are going out right now, I don't have much faith that many will be taking delivery by the end of the month unless you live in Ca.
I think us CA folks are about to get bad news either later this week or early next week.

No transparency out of Fremont, but my guess is they are not able to keep up and hit their delivery numbers which is why everyone without a VIN right now is unlikely to get a June delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: Jakub1
My delivery is the 13th, live in New Mexico. Not many Teslas where I'm located. I really think I just got lucky. Switched from SG/WHite to a UR/WHite
Some OG highland SR/LR owners that waited 5+ months with their January orders had luck getting a VIN the very next day by changing the configuration.

This may apply to the M3P as well, or may bump you back to the next batch. What Tesla needs to do is either give a broad EDD overshooting on purpose or give specific details on what is happening in the order.

Reactions: eric135i
I think us CA folks are about to get bad news either later this week or early next week.

No transparency out of Fremont, but my guess is they are not able to keep up and hit their delivery numbers which is why everyone without a VIN right now is unlikely to get a June delivery.
We still have another two weeks. If you haven’t received your VIN by then, it looks like August - September delivery, possibly July.