Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m just not sure why it seems like they are massively slowing down on M3Ps so close to end of quarter. Are they just focusing on pumping out RWD/LR and Ys till new quarter and then will start on M3Ps again?

Idk I am still convinced there’s something going on that we are not aware of. Like maybe they are fixing an issue they found out once they started delivering or something.
whatever it is i think it'll be worth it to wait. Especially if you're a fairly early ordered like in April

Maybe I missed this but shocked no one else has this issue on their new M3Ps.

Ever since I drove off the lot, I can hear the inserts in the wheels make a creaking noise every time I drive at low speeds. Curious if anyone else hears this, less of a creak and sounds more like dirt or sand is being thrown against the insides.

Will make a thread if I need to but wonder if they just need to wear in a bit or if this is something I should report.
I doubt it's the inserts making sounds unless the inserts are loose on the wheels or that the wheels are flexing is some way to rub against the insert and I don't imagine the wheels flexing.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I’m just not sure why it seems like they are massively slowing down on M3Ps so close to end of quarter. Are they just focusing on pumping out RWD/LR and Ys till new quarter and then will start on M3Ps again?

Idk I am still convinced there’s something going on that we are not aware of. Like maybe they are fixing an issue they found out once they started delivering or something.
There's a ton that's going on that we're not aware of and the most likely explanation is a supply chain shortage of some kind.

Speculating on these things is a way to pass the time but worrying about it doesn't deliver the car to you any faster. You have to resign yourself to notion that since Tesla doesn't even precisely know when your car will be ready due to suppliers, then you won't either.

HOLLY HELL ...

My order just updated from June 28-30 to July 30 - September 3

I changed my color last week from SG to White

SO ...

EDD 1: June
EDD 2: July 8 - August 19
EDD 3: June 28 - June 30
EDD 4: July 30 - Sept. 3
I think I posted about 200 posts ago how if you change your config, you risk getting dropped way back to the end of the next batch of cars that have the same config.

This EDD thing is just slow torture . I think I would prefer to just have no EDD so that way the EDD wasn't always playing mind games on me. Having it switch to sooner, than later, than sooner, etc. etc. is more confusing than helpful. It provides a false sense that you may get a VIN soon. Even after following this thread and knowing that EDD means nothing without a VIN, it still sucks to see it get pushed out lol. Though I have seen people get pushed out months and get a VIN the next day, so who the heck knows. You may get one tomorrow for all we know.
I wonder if anyone knows when these EDD started? This will be me and wife's fourth tesla, a 18' 3 LR, 20' YP, 24' Y..... with the first two they were new and ordered before production started on the two models and it seems like months to almost a year before we got them and we had no clue (I think) when we would get it. The 24' Y was from inventory so it was a state over and we got it within a week to two.

Give it a few days and here come “my ac smells like moldy socks” and “why aren’t I getting 303 miles” threads lol.

Those threads / posts (particularly anything related to anything that sounds like "I drove 7 miles but 12 miles rolled off the battery meter. WTF? I went to Tesla but they told me its fine. My car is broken, right?" never ever, ever ever (ever) stop.

I drove 7 miles but 12 miles rolled off the battery meter. WTF? I went to Tesla but they told me its fine. My car is broken, right?
I do wish Tesla took the approach that ICE cars do (and maybe other EVs?) and give an estimate of miles left based on your driving pattern rather than just the EPA rating. That is essentially what the nav does, but I guess the bigger number is nice for marketing purposes.

Yah they should remove the EDD. It serves no purpose if it’s not accurate. Just causing false hope 😒

I wonder if I submit my financing app, it will make something happen lmao

This is my first Tesla. I ordered 05/04. I completed the financing step a few days after I ordered since the EDD just said June and I didn't know better lol. Wish I found these forums before I did that, but my estimate changed and has just stayed at July 4 - August 8 since I put in the application. Now, I worry about the financing offer expiring and having to do another hard pull against my credit. I'm pretty sure the application said it had 60 days which will basically land directly at the start of my EDD as it currently stands. I'm trying to maintain my credit since I have land I'm looking at buying later this year, so a second pull is not the best...

So all that to say, YMMV. With what I know now, I'd just put it at cash and leave it at that until you get a VIN.

I do wish Tesla took the approach that ICE cars do (and maybe other EVs?) and give an estimate of miles left based on your driving pattern rather than just the EPA rating. That is essentially what the nav does, but I guess the bigger number is nice for marketing purposes.
I'm not sure if there is something to do with EPA testing WRT what number is shown in the dash (vs using the energy meter number).

lol don't be impatient. The old M3P sucks and looks like Wall-e
I'll give it till July, but ordering in May and waiting 2+ months to get a car which is actually extremely common where I live seems dumb.

If I can get a 2021 M3P for half the price of a new one, and it includes Tint, PPF, full FSD, etc then it feels worth considering. I've seen a few of those listed on FB Marketplace lately.

I'm not sure if there is something to do with EPA testing WRT what number is shown in the dash (vs using the energy meter number).
The dash number just derives a remaining miles estimate using the remaining battery energy and the EPA efficiency number. It doesn't take driving pattern, conditions, roads, etc into account at all. The car does take those things into account for the energy app and navigation system.

IMG_2005.jpeg
IMG_2007.jpeg

Got it tinted!
Front windows 30%
Rear windows 5%
Rear windshield 15%
Sunroof 15%

Will do windshield 70% soon and front ppf

Also for anyone in Austin, I went to the Tesla showroom in the Domain and they only had a white non performance 3 there (and no other cars). Not sure if I caught them during some car shuffling. Anyways, the Pond Springs delivery center has a M3P which I mentioned in another post

The dash number just derives a remaining miles estimate using the remaining battery energy and the EPA efficiency number. It doesn't take driving pattern, conditions, roads, etc into account at all. The car does take those things into account for the energy app and navigation system.
Yeah, Tesla could swap the numbers (or give the option to swap them) like how they used to give EPA vs Ideal on the S. I'm not sure why they stopped doing that and could have sworn it had something to do with EPA testing (I know the charging recommendations were impacted originally).

View attachment 1055238View attachment 1055239

Got it tinted!
Front windows 30%
Rear windows 5%
Rear windshield 15%
Sunroof 15%

Will do windshield 70% soon and front ppf

Also for anyone in Austin, I went to the Tesla showroom in the Domain and they only had a white non performance 3 there (and no other cars). Not sure if I caught them during some car shuffling. Anyways, the Pond Springs delivery center has a M3P which I mentioned in another post
Man that thing looks GREAT! Where are you going in Austin for your PPF? Who does front windshields in town?