Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I keep telling myself “tomorrow is the day stuff is going to speed up again”. Then tomorrow happens and still only a couple VINs a day. Would love to see another drone fly over to see if there’s stilly empty lots.
The person who flys Fremont drone usually does on Thursdays. Having a EDD and no cars on the lot/shutdown last week is like cutting the middle of the Knight Rider double episode waiting for next weeks conclusion.

To the people who were able to schedule delivery by calling, how did you do it? Whenever I call, I get an automated robot and eventually it just hangs up. Texting my SA was not super helpful either. I'm two days out from the start of EDD but no delivery appointment, so getting a bit nervous.

For me, this is what I did. My EDD had actually started and then started to go a day further out every day with no communication or ability to schedule delivery. So I googled "Tesla St. Pete" as I knew that was my delivery location. I called the number and I don't remember what options I used but I only had to go through a few and ended up with a person on the line. They verified they were from the St. Pete SC. Unfortunately they weren't very helpful as the guy there insisted my car wasn't there. He suggested I reply to the last SMS text I got and ask there. When I did that, they said my car WAS at St. Pete and they immediately set up a delivery day. Everything after that turned out fine and I picked my car up on the delivery date/time they set.

The whole thing seemed like a bit of a "left hand not talking to the right" sort of situation but in the end it turned out OK, mostly because my SA was very responsive via text so I got most of my info (and my delivery day) via texting my SA. Best of luck!

I am thinking the same thing. Even if you were to get a VIN within the next week, the likelihood that the car would make it to the delivery location and you would take delivery is very small. My EDD is currently 6/20-6/30. Midwest state. Ordered 4/23. No way in hell that they're going to get me a VIN and delivery in the next 2-3 weeks at this pace. I am just trying to come to terms that I likely wont take delivery until July-August =/

Everyone predicted they would be pumping out M3P to try and hit end of quarter numbers, but the exact opposite happened. A bunch of VINs later last month and almost nothing so far this month. Maybe it's easier to pump out older models to try and buff sales before end of quarter.

I'm in Calif.

10 minutes ago, I received a vin # with instructions to get insurance on the car

Delivery date is 11th to the 18th

For me, this is what I did. My EDD had actually started and then started to go a day further out every day with no communication or ability to schedule delivery. So I googled "Tesla St. Pete" as I knew that was my delivery location. I called the number and I don't remember what options I used but I only had to go through a few and ended up with a person on the line. They verified they were from the St. Pete SC. Unfortunately they weren't very helpful as the guy there insisted my car wasn't there. He suggested I reply to the last SMS text I got and ask there. When I did that, they said my car WAS at St. Pete and they immediately set up a delivery day. Everything after that turned out fine and I picked my car up on the delivery date/time they set.

The whole thing seemed like a bit of a "left hand not talking to the right" sort of situation but in the end it turned out OK, mostly because my SA was very responsive via text so I got most of my info (and my delivery day) via texting my SA. Best of luck!
Thanks for the info! I would leave a like, but I don't know how.

Reactions: MikeyC
I've read about the last 300 pages and my one conclusion is that yalls tint prices are out of control. Here in Louisiana I'm looking at ~$225 for front sides, rear sides, back window and top window. $380 for ceramic. This $1k for tint I'm seeing frequently posted here is mind blowing
yes, its crazy after covid. i looked thru my old tint quotes on emails from a frw yrs back and it was in the 100s-300. Here in NJ, the high end shops want 900-1000 with windshield. lower end Global brand is around 350-400