Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4/25 AZ order for SG/BLK

EDD changed and pulled forward ever so slightly from 6/19-6/30 to 6/14-6/28. Hopefully that means I’ll get it by end of month.
I'm hoping we are in the exact same batch/delivery. 4/27 order (also Phoenix)- SG/White. My dates were 6/18 to 6/30 and moved in to 6/13 to 6/27 on Saturday. I'm assuming that since the dates moved in, they won't move back out again, unless they're trying to be sadistic. Are you also set to pickup at Raintree in N. Scottsdale?

Reactions: egtattoo
My EDD just got pushed from July 4-August 8 to August 18- September 28.

Middle TN, SG/Black.

Disappointed, might start looking at used Model X’s instead.
Hang in there. Model S and X have a flaw from the factory where rear tires only last 10-15k from too much negative camber and you can’t adjust it unless you install some adjustable arms from the aftermarket. Search YouTube … known issue that Tesla is not addressing

April 24th. I had 9 EDD changes (that was stressful)
Try being in the North East where an order 45 minutes after live goes from an initial EDD in May, incrementally works it's way back to being a range covering all of July with no real reason to believe that's even remotely accurate.

At this point I'd just about rather have picked it up in California with all the quick California deliveries and just spent 3 days driving it 3000 miles back across the country myself...

I'm hoping we are in the exact same batch/delivery. 4/27 order (also Phoenix)- SG/White. My dates were 6/18 to 6/30 and moved in to 6/13 to 6/27 on Saturday. I'm assuming that since the dates moved in, they won't move back out again, unless they're trying to be sadistic. Are you also set to pickup at Raintree in N. Scottsdale?
Yes Raintree pick up location. Fingers crossed we all get VINs soon.

Neither of us. We're both going to get our VINs. Stay positive.
Before you know it, you will have had your car for 5 years, you'll love it more than anything you've ever driven, and you'll mostly forget about the pain of waiting. If you don't let yourself get too upset, you'll actually look back on it as a fun time of anticipation.

This is good news, but I'll probably lose my VIN due to vacations unless they assign and give it to me next week.

Up until last night, I was major stressed out while waiting through 9 EDD changes. I was starting to consider: This is dumb. I have a beautiful 2022 M3P with FSD, all paid for, tinted windows, PPF on the front, ceramic coated +++++. Why go through all this.?? I'm 82 and sure don't need this.

But all of a sudden within two days, all's done and will be finished in 2 1/2 hours.

I'm no longer stressed. My heart beat has slowed down but probably pick back up when I hit the Tesla service center

Before you know it, you will have had your car for 5 years, you'll love it more than anything you've ever driven, and you'll mostly forget about the pain of waiting. If you don't let yourself get too upset, you'll actually look back on it as a fun time of anticipation.
I'm doing alright. I go into GT7 and drive around a 23 M3P in VR every once in awhile. It's a pleasant way to pass the time and pick up horrendous driving habits as a bonus.

• Funny
Reactions: xianking
Just paid my payment via app (lease fees plus taxes) with pick up in ~48hrs. Can't wait. I know the pick up process is pretty quick and straight forward. How do they handle the trade in (2021 M3 LR)? Do I just leave in the lot and let the agent know where I parked it? Do they do any on site inspection of the trade in before I leave?

Reactions: Sandee3
I remember when the M3P was first announced and we had a few users who waited 5 months+ for their SR/LR highlands I thought to myself “man, that’s really unfortunate”.

Well that looks like it might happen to some of us. It looks like July will be the month of the Model Y. Then August/September for M3P

I don't think it's just an east coast thing. I'm in FL and ordered second hour on release day and I took delivery last Thursday (June 6). I believe someone here from NC also took delivery last week. Honestly, I don't know what drives the order in which the cars are made/delivered.

I would say the solution is, leave them removed (ditch them).
I like them! Only makes the noise when creeping over small bumps

Hang in there. Model S and X have a flaw from the factory where rear tires only last 10-15k from too much negative camber and you can’t adjust it unless you install some adjustable arms from the aftermarket. Search YouTube … known issue that Tesla is not addressing
It’s not from the camber. It’s probably due to toe. But it’s in combination with a tire that is extremely sensitive to bad toe. The 19” wheels show normal wear on those cars

Reactions: Raptor911