Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We do have tracker data which shows that Blue is the least ordered car and the least delivered. With just those two data points its safe to assume its the least produced color. If they produced as many Blue as they did SG everyone who ordered Blue would have one.
It’s the least ordered color therefore it’s obviously going to be the least delivered. The color does not dictate whatsoever the speed at which an ordered car will be delivered. What dictates the speed at which Tesla delivers your specific order is the timing of you're order compared to what is currently in production and what is planned for production next and so on and so forth plus your geographical location from the factory with a drizzle of logistical availability. Changing one’s color choice may or may not increase the likelihood one will receive their car early or later…it’s a crap shoot. So the moral of the story is…get your order the car you want sooner than later and don’t change your order as you may be kicking yourself down the line!

Thinking of just canceling my order and getting a plaid …. Placed mine may 24 and keeps getting pushed back weekly from June now to aug-September
Not wanting to bring up the “which car is better” convo again but anyone considering switching to a Model S should absolutely test drive one beforehand. And of course also make sure you drive a M3P.

May also want to visit the Model S section of this forum to get a sense of things.

got any of those east coast VINs?

Attachments

• IMG_1050.gif
    IMG_1050.gif
    107.2 KB · Views: 1
Doesn't look like it. I have a trade and I got my VIN on 5/16. Only thing I did that seems a little different than most is that I completed every task in the app as soon as it was available including making a "final" payment (downpayment). I entered my trade, loan info, insurance, etc. on day 1 just so there would be no excuses for a delay. I have no idea whether or not that helped.
I did the same thing on day one. Now my finance approval with tesla has expired and I still dont have a quote for my current vehicle yet. I am not applying again until I get a vin because it is a hard credit pull everytime you apply.

Reactions: arkhos and Dr.DMP3
Michigan, 6/1 order Blue/White. Last week Monday, the 10th, my EDD was showing as June 10 - June 19. Then Wednesday, the 12th, changed to Aug 1 - Sep 12. I noticed an entry on the tracker sheet had the same config ordered on the 10th, and got assigned VIN the same day. I'm wondering if that order in Cleveland got the car I would've been assigned.

Am i able to reach out to tesla now that i have a vin to schedule a tentative delivery date or do i have to wait for them to text me again to schedule a date?
Last time I purchased my m3p SA told me that you get a vin when your car goes into production or finishes production. They still have to transport the car to your delivery location. The SA contacted me while my car was en route and setup a delivery date. They called me back the day before delivery to push it back for one more day because the transport did not arrive in time for them to prep the car for delivery. So yes they will contact you. Also look in the app. It should populate with delivery date and time and you can choose.

I did the same thing on day one. Now my finance approval with tesla has expired and I still dont have a quote for my current vehicle yet. I am not applying again until I get a vin because it is a hard credit pull everytime you apply.

Loan approvals are good for 60 days, no? I didn't take delivery until 44 days after I applied for the loan and it didn't expire on me. Besides, I don't believe hard credit pulls more than 30 days apart (if no new loans) should affect your credit any more than the first one did.

Wonder if this makes your VIN come quicker 🤔

This has been mentioned more than once in this thread, but for Tesla "money is money is money". There is no difference to them in cash vs financing, from a "we are getting our money on time" perspective.

The difference is simply one of having your profile complete, or having financing approval lapse or something like that. You want a complete profile, or as complete as you can make it. Putting "Cash" makes it so the financing part of your profile is complete (and stays complete, without potential lapse in finance approvals etc).

Thats why the advise is to put cash in your profile, and then change it to financing after you get a vin if you are a person who is certain that you can get approved for financing.

Loan approvals are good for 60 days, no? I didn't take delivery until 44 days after I applied for the loan and it didn't expire on me. Besides, I don't believe hard credit pulls more than 30 days apart (if no new loans) should affect your credit any more than the first one did.

No, but they will impact your credit score the same amount the first one did. A fictitious example would be, if the first credit pull dropped your score 25 points, and then you get another hard pull 60 days later, your score will go down an additional 25 points on top of the first drop.

For credit applications for car loans, all applications within a 2-3 week time frame are treated as one so they only drop your credit score once, no matter how many of them you do in that short time frame because its assumed you are shopping for a loan.

So, 6 credit apps for a car loan at over a 2 week period would only drop your score that same 25 points the first one did (again the number of point drop is made up by me).

2 credit apps over a 60 day period would drop your score a combined 50 points over that time.

It may or may not matter to a person, for various reasons, but in general its a good idea to be aware of this stuff and avoid unnecessary credit pulls.

The approvals are good for 30-60 days depending on the lender. It tells you this when you first apply.

The approval period lasts from 30-60 days depending on the lender, per Tesla. However, you don't know which lender they'll use (as they have a group of lenders), so it's best to assume 30 days, not 60, just in case.