Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh hey, your user name is very familiar to me after daily tracker sheet checks of those in the GA/east coast area. Hope you get your vin soon.
Oh and to answer your question, it was yesterday, 6/17.
Thank you!

I'm still holding hope but seeing my EDD at Aug 9 - Sept 20 is a bit distasteful. However I see my EDD are kinda following your pattern so it'll probably pull in. I shouldn't sweat it since EDD don't mean much. Hope you enjoy your LR!

What is the average cost of ceramic window tinting and ceramic coating of the car?

I got a quote from a highly recommended local detailer and it seems a bit steep, but I am not familiar with pricing.

4 year ceramic coating (Applied to all exterior paint, plastic, trim, and headlights) and ceramic window tinting to all 4 windows and rear and windshield (XPEL XR Window Tint). Total after tax around $3,100

Does this seem reasonable? For reference, I am in a low to moderate cost of living area.
OMG. run away. that's all. insane $
ceramic coating a a $100/bottle. i DIY Adams Advance Graphene, which my detailer says is as close to Pro-shop grade as possible.
Northern NJ area Legit authorized llumar tints are 600 - 1000

They’re doing the whole back glass all the way up and said they could split it but if it was going to be one solid pierce that it should be 70% because of the heat issue. In doing some reading I see others mention this but most just say it’s bull and the back glass already had defects.
Honestly, none of this makes any sense. It's just glass. You can tint any amount of it to any percentage.

Reactions: eric135i
Thats interesting, I havent heard that before. Are you sure? Note that the order fee isnt a deposit, so any rules that NY has about deposits wouldnt apply, and also note that the order document that you agree to states that you agree that tesla has "earned" that order fee for managing your order.

Note that I am not saying I agree with the rules, just what I know it says. Would be interesting to see if the order agreement in NY says something different.
I guess it's actually 30 days after, but yes, NY requires them to refund it if they miss by too much.
From the order agreement:
"For NEW YORK residents: If the Vehicle is not delivered in accordance with the Agreement within 30 days following the estimated delivery date, you have the right to cancel the Agreement and receive a full refund, unless the delay in delivery is attributable to you. If this motor vehicle is classified as a used motor vehicle, the dealer named above certifies that the entire vehicle is in condition and repair to render, under normal use, satisfactory and adequate service upon the public highway at the time of delivery.The dealer named above further certifies that this vehicle complies with the inflatable restraint system requirements found in section 419-a of New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law.The amount indicated on the sales contract or lease agreement for registration and title fees is an estimate. In some instances, it may exceed the actual fees due the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. The dealer will automatically, and within 60 days of securing such registration and title, refund any amount overpaid for such fees."

They’re doing the whole back glass all the way up and said they could split it but if it was going to be one solid pierce that it should be 70% because of the heat issue. In doing some reading I see others mention this but most just say it’s bull and the back glass already had defects.
That is ridiculous. Ive had 30 percent on my back glass for 4 years in the CA desert. No issues.

Honestly, none of this makes any sense. It's just glass. You can tint any amount of it to any percentage.
Where did you end up getting yours done? What was the cost. They are quoting me 900 for all windows, full back glass and windshield. Xpel Prime XR Black Ceramic. They’ll do any shade for that price (except maybe the back). This shop is in Highlands Ranch (South Denver) and apparently was the 2023 Xpel dealer of the year for Colorado.

That is ridiculous. Ive had 30 percent on my back glass for 4 years in the CA desert. No issues.

20% on mine (3m Crystalline, one piece) in Temecula CA (inland empire CA). No issues here either. I actually have 20% all around, including roof and back glass, but nothing on my windshield now because I had to replace it due to a rock hit. I had 70% on it previously but just didnt replace the windshield tint when I replaced the windshield.

Alignment done. Anyone else have specifications to share?
Erebus Alignment.jpg

Where did you end up getting yours done? What was the cost. They are quoting me 900 for all windows, full back glass and windshield. Xpel Prime XR Black Ceramic. They’ll do any shade for that price (except maybe the back). This shop is in Highlands Ranch (South Denver) and apparently was the 2023 Xpel dealer of the year for Colorado.
Clear Cut Window Tint. I was out for $600 on ceramic. I've used this shop for years. They say the will not do the windshield unfortunately, because of electronics. I don't buy that, but the guy is amazing and personable. Either way, the oddity of the back window peculiarities don't make any sense.

You were 7/100ths of a degree off on front right toe? Seems like we should all feel like we can count on the factory alignment from this info?
Agreed. Many of them aren't getting good numbers before the fix, though. Mine seemed good. The steering wheel needed adjusting. Tesla gave me a loaner and kept it overnight to figure out what was causing a pull. The Tech adjusted twice to get it to track properly. It feels great

Reactions: M3PDenver
What is the average cost of ceramic window tinting and ceramic coating of the car?

I got a quote from a highly recommended local detailer and it seems a bit steep, but I am not familiar with pricing.

4 year ceramic coating (Applied to all exterior paint, plastic, trim, and headlights) and ceramic window tinting to all 4 windows and rear and windshield (XPEL XR Window Tint). Total after tax around $3,100

Does this seem reasonable? For reference, I am in a low to moderate cost of living area.
Are you happy with the way the paint currently looks? If so, then coat it yourself and save a ton of money! Hire a pro to do the tint though…worth every penny!

View attachment 1057691View attachment 1057692View attachment 1057693

Well you guys. It’s HERE. She is such a beauty. I am so beyond blessed and grateful. Best buying experience. Super easy process. Took only 10 minutes. This was my first Tesla buying experience, I couldn’t have been more happy with how it went. I live in Farmington NM so closest service center was in ABQ NM. We drove 3 hrs to go pick her up. And first impressions. UR/WHITE is not even close to pictures it’s so MUCH BETTER in person. So fire. If you are trying to decide, get the color you want. The tax credit is awesome, but driving the car you want is even better. I’m beyond satisfied with my choice.

First impressions. INSANE is INSANE. I can’t help but to punch it.

Everyone looks at this red. It is so awe dropping.

The ride quality is great. No complaints

I had a few very little things that need addressed. Small scratches and such but nothing crazy. Scheduled out for next month.

A few other things that stood out…

No RATLLING! You guys saying you had that issues worried me, but nothing yet THANK GOD.

The car is a legit GIANT smartphone. Everything on the touch screen is so intuitive and inspired. It just feels so premium. I actually don’t miss a heads up display or anything. Minimal is my jam.

I feel I like chill mode and the standard steering the best. Rides the best. Insane is great but oh my god lol it can be a lot just in town 😂😂😂.

Okay small other things… the toy box 😂 my mom was in the back and we had fun making fart noises and she actually thought it was me. Tesla did good wonder if they used Elons gassy farts 😂😆 jk

The average human in these small towns have no idea about Tesla you guys in big cities have it where everyone knows. I’ve been back for like an hour… I’ve had people stop me. I went to work and my customers were asking what it was and such. Tesla is a EYE CATCHING brand.

Anyways if you find yourself on here finding your next car… this is it. And this is coming from someone that never liked cars really. I just wanted a good ride. Now, that’s all changed. Tesla has shifted everything for me. It will be my continuous investment moving forward (unless crazy shiz happens) but otherwise if you are on the fence ditching your ICE. This your sign. Do it.
Looks fantastic! I love seeing someone go through the shock and awe of their first Model 3 [the best Tesla] just as I did in 2018. Enjoy that beauty!

Reactions: jjrandorin
For the last two years, I've run 30/35% heat rejection film on all of the roof glass, as well as all windows. No issues with cracking or anything else.
I also ran 70% on the windshield. Xpel.
Went through Man Cave; plan to do it again on the upcoming car (if I can just get past the EDD monkey . . . . )

Looks fantastic! I love seeing someone go through the shock and awe of their first Model 3 [the best Tesla] just as I did in 2018. Enjoy that beauty!

In all my time here (and its been since late nov of 2018 and basically "several" hours a day, pretty much every day since then), I dont remember a Tesla vehicle getting the virtually universal praise this one is. Sure, there are some things people are finding at delivery but the general sentiment is pretty overwhelmingly positive.

I have seen plenty of people be happy, but not the virtually universal acclaim that is going on with this particular model of this particular car. Really seems like they knocked it out of the park with this one.

In all my time here (and its been since late nov of 2018 and basically "several" hours a day, pretty much every day since then), I dont remember a Tesla vehicle getting the virtually universal praise this one is. Sure, there are some things are finding at delivery but the general sentiment is pretty overwhelmingly positive.

I have seen plenty of people be happy, but not the virtually universal acclaim that is going on with this particular model of this particular car. Really seems like they knocked it out of the park with this one.
C’mon, jj. It’s time. Join the club… 😁

Hello all - I've been following this thread for a few weeks, and finally pulled the trigger on the M3P 2024 on June 11 (SG/W) and my only EDD so far is Jul-Aug 2024, as expected. This is my second Tesla, I own a 2022 Model Y LR and have never changed anything other than buying the 19" wheels from Tesla within 60 days of delivery - the 20" wheels were just too harsh and I didn't want to find out about .

Some questions... this time I will be leasing this vehicle, and I am getting anxious imagining the beating they will be taking on metro NJ/NY roads. Did Tesla ever provide a winter or all-season wheel option in the Tesla shop for M3P models prior to 2024? And if not, do such aftermarket modifications from third-parties draw scrutiny or irritation from Tesla service centers? Do they have any preferred third-party wheel/tire combos for winter/all-season? Does anyone have experience with this on pre-2024? Thanks!

Reactions: 1point99
Hello all - I've been following this thread for a few weeks, and finally pulled the trigger on the M3P 2024 on June 11 (SG/W) and my only EDD so far is Jul-Aug 2024, as expected. This is my second Tesla, I own a 2022 Model Y LR and have never changed anything other than buying the 19" wheels from Tesla within 60 days of delivery - the 20" wheels were just too harsh and I didn't want to find out about .

Some questions... this time I will be leasing this vehicle, and I am getting anxious imagining the beating they will be taking on metro NJ/NY roads. Did Tesla ever provide a winter or all-season wheel option in the Tesla shop for M3P models prior to 2024? And if not, do such aftermarket modifications from third-parties draw scrutiny or irritation from Tesla service centers? Do they have any preferred third-party wheel/tire combos for winter/all-season? Does anyone have experience with this on pre-2024? Thanks!
Don't worry, I ordered June 8th but it shows as June 9th in the app. I just got an EDD of June 24 - June 30, my first EDD, no VIN yet. Hopefully it sticks and you are not far behind. S.F. Bay Area/N. Cali, I live 15mins from Fremont. Guessing those cancelling for a LR and the Q2/1st half push they seem to be making. Can someone link me to the tracker please?