Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Tesla OEM 18s fit performance Model 3s. They dont clear the lip. If you want Tesla OEM tires you will need to get 19s. If you want 18s you will need to get after market.
I guess in your experience you’ve seen Tesla be really slow to update their website? It’s been almost 2 months since announcement and the previous 18” Aeros explicitly say “THIS PACKAGE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 2017-2023 MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE DUAL MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE CONFIGURED WITH THE PERFORMANCE UPGRADE OR VEHICLES CONFIGURED WITH CHROME DOOR HANDLES AND WINDOW TRIM (SEE PHOTOS BELOW FOR DETAILS)” where the 18” photons say “THIS PACKAGE IS COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL 3 VEHICLES PRODUCED IN 2024+” I really have no idea how long it takes to get it updated and I think you’re probably right but I need to see it!

I have seen the Tesla website be wrong before, yes. I thought I had seen somewhere where someone had looked at the new one and said it had the same lip but I cant find it now.

@MODEL+ either just took delivery or is about to. Perhaps they can tell us if the new performance car still has the stepped lip thing., and / or if they think OEM 18s will fit. I

know there will be aftermarket ones, and thats likely what people should plan for (as the cost is probably going to be similar if not cheaper), but since I cant find where I saw someone report out on the 18s I will have to qualify what I said with " I dont think" and "yes I have seen the tesla site be wrong before".

• Love
Reactions: SnipeAT
I have seen the Tesla website be wrong before, yes. I thought I had seen somewhere where someone had looked at the new one and said it had the same lip but I cant find it now.

@MODEL+ either just took delivery or is about to. Perhaps they can tell us if the new performance car still has the stepped lip thing., and / or if they think OEM 18s will fit. I

know there will be aftermarket ones, and thats likely what people should plan for (as the cost is probably going to be similar if not cheaper), but since I cant find where I saw someone report out on the 18s I will have to qualify what I said with " I dont think" and "yes I have seen the tesla site be wrong before".
Taking delivery tomorrow!

Unfortunately from everything I've seen so far, it does appear that Tesla kept the same hub design for the new M3P 😢.

I will double confirm this once we have the car in-hand!

-Danny

BAD NEWS!....

After refusing delivery I was told I would have to take the next car or lose my deposit. And my VIN immediately disappeared from my app. So back in line I go.
Sorry to hear about your delivery woes. :( So much excitement only to show-up and find a vehicle that looks like it was assembled by a 4-year-old. :(

But the above part of your post made me wonder... is that a thing particular to your SC? Or is that a 'standard' Tesla thing? I mean if the second car comes your way and it's even -worse- than the first... how can they take your money, for their failure?

Just curious.

Hopefully #2 will be much, much better!

Reactions: Raptor911
Maby some sticky Potenza RE-71R, or Direzza ZIII. Winter is our driving weather in Florida it finally stops raining. Any one experience the P Zeros in a torrential down pour, monsoon, any hydro planing?
Most performance summer tires are limited by temperature and not by wet driving conditions. Most summer tires are actually superior in the rain. As long as the P Zeros are used in its optimal temperature range it will do fine.

-Danny

I guess in your experience you’ve seen Tesla be really slow to update their website? It’s been almost 2 months since announcement and the previous 18” Aeros explicitly say “THIS PACKAGE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 2017-2023 MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE DUAL MOTOR ALL-WHEEL DRIVE CONFIGURED WITH THE PERFORMANCE UPGRADE OR VEHICLES CONFIGURED WITH CHROME DOOR HANDLES AND WINDOW TRIM (SEE PHOTOS BELOW FOR DETAILS)” where the 18” photons say “THIS PACKAGE IS COMPATIBLE WITH MODEL 3 VEHICLES PRODUCED IN 2024+” I really have no idea how long it takes to get it updated and I think you’re probably right but I need to see it!
Sometimes they say that due to load ratings on the tires rather than the wheels themselves though.

I just transferred my FSD...it was automatically transferred. You initiate it via the app as part of the steps towards delivery.
Do you have any extenuating circumstances (like perhaps you ordered a LR car that was never delivered because of Teslas backorders and you did so during the FSD transfer window) or anything like that?

1000000689.jpg
1000000690.jpg

I picked it up today! I didn't see any fitment or quality issues with my car, either. There are no creeks or rattles as of yet. It has 6 miles on the odometer and I drove about 50 miles today. It drives and handles like a dream.

Last edited:
Do you have any extenuating circumstances (like perhaps you ordered a LR car that was never delivered because of Teslas backorders and you did so during the FSD transfer window) or anything like that?
I'm not sure about any extenuating circumstances but it was a long range that I ordered in early February. I switched to the performance on day 1 (4-23) I haven't given it much thought but it seems like the option to transfer was always in the delivery task cards from the very beginning.

I'm not sure about any extenuating circumstances but it was a long range that I ordered in early February. I switched to the performance on day 1 (4-23) I haven't given it much thought but it seems like the option to transfer was always in the delivery task cards from the very beginning.
I think FSD was available to transfer in early february, and perhaps you were grandfathered in. Its currently not an option for anyone now, though, which is why there is the "21 questions" questioning (sorry about that).

I think FSD was available to transfer in early february, and perhaps you were grandfathered in. Its currently not an option for anyone now, though, which is why there is the "21 questions" questioning (sorry about that).
That's unfortunate if it's no longer an option. No worries about the questions. Happy to answer anything I can.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin