Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all..I recently posted that I received a VIN on Saturday night. My app was not allowing me to schedule delivery. I only live about 20 minutes from the delivery center. When I got there the SA recognized me and said immediately "let's get you scheduled".. Oddly, since I currently have FSD and I'm transferring that to the new car he said it was showing some kind of hold. Once I told him I was transferring the FSD they concluded that's what the hold was for. I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11am at the Fife showroom.

So I had ordered a m3p but switched to the long range today. It’s what I was aiming for to begin with but didn’t due to the better deal at the time with the ev credit on the m3p. Not gonna lie, was kind of stoked thinking “well, i guess I’m forced into getting a bad ass model 3! My hands are tied!” But once the LR also got it, it just made more sense for my personal usage. Hope someone in the east coast gets my spot 🤞. Here was the previous latest info:

M3P
RN12154xxxx
Atlanta
SG/White
OD: 4/24
Time: 12:09 AM EST
Latest EDD: July 28 - Sept 1 👀

Good luck you guys! I got a vin about 5 minutes after changing with the same color combo. Guess that’s not too surprising. I’ll keep checking back in here just out of curiosity, and also i suppose I should delete my info on the tracker… or just change it to let people know it’s been switched ? But anyway…

Another one bites the dust.
When was your latest EDD change before you swapped to the LR?

Any have this experience and how accurate was Tesla in saying this?
IMG_2022.jpeg

All glass including roof should be around $1000
Ceramic Coating with a pro only 7-9 year rated coating about $1500 unless your car is black, then it’s $1700.
@CHB12312 Yeah, that seems high. In Colorado I got a quote for 750 for xpel Xr tint for sides, back window up to the center pillar. Not doing windshield or front roof. Quoted 1700 for ceramic body coating, including all the clean, pre buffing (which honestly, shouldn’t need any being new) clay bar, and then a high end ceramic coat.

Reactions: Raptor911
@CHB12312 Yeah, that seems high. In Colorado I got a quote for 750 for xpel Xr tint for sides, back window up to the center pillar. Not doing windshield or front roof. Quoted 1700 for ceramic body coating, including all the clean, pre buffing (which honestly, shouldn’t need any being new) clay bar, and then a high end ceramic coat.
Yeah I did think it seemed a little high. Although, I believe they are a little more of a high end place and appear to do some pretty expensive cars. I am sure I could find a place that's ~$500 less, but not sure if I will sacrifice quality for that. I have heard horror stories about bad tinting jobs damaging interior or like getting condensation into the LED lights and damaging them.

Is the ceramic coating being 4 year about average? Somewhere I read that places that try to claim 6+ years are full of *sugar* lol

I mean, I'm not cancelling but if you're in NY and it goes past you original delivery date they have to refund the $250 if you cancel.

Thats interesting, I havent heard that before. Are you sure? Note that the order fee isnt a deposit, so any rules that NY has about deposits wouldnt apply, and also note that the order document that you agree to states that you agree that tesla has "earned" that order fee for managing your order.

Note that I am not saying I agree with the rules, just what I know it says. Would be interesting to see if the order agreement in NY says something different.

Sadly just because it’s a new car doesn’t mean jack when it comes to a good cut and polish before ceramic. I’ve seen cars come off the truck with so many micro abrasions. My gr Corolla I picked up the same day it came off the truck and it looked rough.

IMG_4147.jpeg
IMG_4118.jpeg
IMG_4116.jpeg

Well you guys. It’s HERE. She is such a beauty. I am so beyond blessed and grateful. Best buying experience. Super easy process. Took only 10 minutes. This was my first Tesla buying experience, I couldn’t have been more happy with how it went. I live in Farmington NM so closest service center was in ABQ NM. We drove 3 hrs to go pick her up. And first impressions. UR/WHITE is not even close to pictures it’s so MUCH BETTER in person. So fire. If you are trying to decide, get the color you want. The tax credit is awesome, but driving the car you want is even better. I’m beyond satisfied with my choice.

First impressions. INSANE is INSANE. I can’t help but to punch it.

Everyone looks at this red. It is so awe dropping.

The ride quality is great. No complaints

I had a few very little things that need addressed. Small scratches and such but nothing crazy. Scheduled out for next month.

A few other things that stood out…

No RATLLING! You guys saying you had that issues worried me, but nothing yet THANK GOD.

The car is a legit GIANT smartphone. Everything on the touch screen is so intuitive and inspired. It just feels so premium. I actually don’t miss a heads up display or anything. Minimal is my jam.

I feel I like chill mode and the standard steering the best. Rides the best. Insane is great but oh my god lol it can be a lot just in town 😂😂😂.

Okay small other things… the toy box 😂 my mom was in the back and we had fun making fart noises and she actually thought it was me. Tesla did good wonder if they used Elons gassy farts 😂😆 jk

The average human in these small towns have no idea about Tesla you guys in big cities have it where everyone knows. I’ve been back for like an hour… I’ve had people stop me. I went to work and my customers were asking what it was and such. Tesla is a EYE CATCHING brand.

Anyways if you find yourself on here finding your next car… this is it. And this is coming from someone that never liked cars really. I just wanted a good ride. Now, that’s all changed. Tesla has shifted everything for me. It will be my continuous investment moving forward (unless crazy shiz happens) but otherwise if you are on the fence ditching your ICE. This your sign. Do it.

This is really odd. It's all single pane standard glass. Maybe he doesn't want to cut a straight line to do half way? I want to retain the visibility at night so I only went half way up, I did this on this and my last M3P with 30%.
They’re doing the whole back glass all the way up and said they could split it but if it was going to be one solid pierce that it should be 70% because of the heat issue. In doing some reading I see others mention this but most just say it’s bull and the back glass already had defects.