Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry, I ordered June 8th but it shows as June 9th in the app. I just got an EDD of June 24 - June 30, my first EDD, no VIN yet. Hopefully it sticks and you are not far behind. S.F. Bay Area/N. Cali, I live 15mins from Fremont. Guessing those cancelling for a LR and the Q2/1st half push they seem to be making. Can someone link me to the tracker please?

Reactions: OaklandTae
Clear Cut Window Tint. I was out for $600 on ceramic. I've used this shop for years. They say the will not do the windshield unfortunately, because of electronics. I don't buy that, but the guy is amazing and personable. Either way, the oddity of the back window peculiarities don't make any sense.
shops that won't tint a Tesla front windshield just don't have the experience and/or want take the risk of wetting electronics down there.

In all my time here (and its been since late nov of 2018 and basically "several" hours a day, pretty much every day since then), I dont remember a Tesla vehicle getting the virtually universal praise this one is. Sure, there are some things are finding at delivery but the general sentiment is pretty overwhelmingly positive.

I have seen plenty of people be happy, but not the virtually universal acclaim that is going on with this particular model of this particular car. Really seems like they knocked it out of the park with this one.
same here!!!! i was very impressed with my 2020 M3P....but this 2024 is on a whole new level. i just couldn't believe how much better it is in many aspects.

Anybody had any luck with follow-up from Elon's shareholder meeting comment about FSD transfer for another quarter?

Curious about others experience with this also.

The only thing I have seen about this related to someone actually saying "I am transferring FSD" in this thread, is this post below from a relatively new member. Since they say they are "transferring FSD" perhaps they can detail some information about what circumstances they are doing that under.

I dont remember seeing anyone else talk about active offers to transfer FSD from tesla. I dont follow, and am not counting, comments made by the CEO at meetings. I would be counting official offers from Tesla either through the app, or via email, or on their official website. Its just how I am, too many things said by that particular person are either optimistic, or not accurate, so I dont pay much attention there.

Hello all..I recently posted that I received a VIN on Saturday night. My app was not allowing me to schedule delivery. I only live about 20 minutes from the delivery center. When I got there the SA recognized me and said immediately "let's get you scheduled".. Oddly, since I currently have FSD and I'm transferring that to the new car he said it was showing some kind of hold. Once I told him I was transferring the FSD they concluded that's what the hold was for. I'm scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11am at the Fife showroom.

The only thing I have seen about this related to someone actually saying "I am transferring FSD" in this thread, is this post below from a relatively new member. Since they say they are "transferring FSD" perhaps they can detail some information about what circumstances they are doing that under.

I dont remember seeing anyone else talk about active offers to transfer FSD from tesla. I dont follow, and am not counting, comments made by the CEO at meetings. I would be counting official offers from Tesla either through the app, or via email, or on their official website. Its just how I am, too many things said by that particular person are either optimistic, or not accurate, so I dont pay much attention there.
I asked about FSD transfers in the messages section of the Tesla app (in my res thread) but have yet to get a reply.

Reactions: M109Rider
View attachment 1057691View attachment 1057692View attachment 1057693

Well you guys. It’s HERE. She is such a beauty. I am so beyond blessed and grateful. Best buying experience. Super easy process. Took only 10 minutes. This was my first Tesla buying experience, I couldn’t have been more happy with how it went. I live in Farmington NM so closest service center was in ABQ NM. We drove 3 hrs to go pick her up. And first impressions. UR/WHITE is not even close to pictures it’s so MUCH BETTER in person. So fire. If you are trying to decide, get the color you want. The tax credit is awesome, but driving the car you want is even better. I’m beyond satisfied with my choice.

First impressions. INSANE is INSANE. I can’t help but to punch it.

Everyone looks at this red. It is so awe dropping.

The ride quality is great. No complaints

I had a few very little things that need addressed. Small scratches and such but nothing crazy. Scheduled out for next month.

A few other things that stood out…

No RATLLING! You guys saying you had that issues worried me, but nothing yet THANK GOD.

The car is a legit GIANT smartphone. Everything on the touch screen is so intuitive and inspired. It just feels so premium. I actually don’t miss a heads up display or anything. Minimal is my jam.

I feel I like chill mode and the standard steering the best. Rides the best. Insane is great but oh my god lol it can be a lot just in town 😂😂😂.

Okay small other things… the toy box 😂 my mom was in the back and we had fun making fart noises and she actually thought it was me. Tesla did good wonder if they used Elons gassy farts 😂😆 jk

The average human in these small towns have no idea about Tesla you guys in big cities have it where everyone knows. I’ve been back for like an hour… I’ve had people stop me. I went to work and my customers were asking what it was and such. Tesla is a EYE CATCHING brand.

Anyways if you find yourself on here finding your next car… this is it. And this is coming from someone that never liked cars really. I just wanted a good ride. Now, that’s all changed. Tesla has shifted everything for me. It will be my continuous investment moving forward (unless crazy shiz happens) but otherwise if you are on the fence ditching your ICE. This your sign. Do it.
Posts like this get me excited! Thanks for the review!!!

Reactions: arkhos and Sandee3
This is very EXPENSIVE. I am in the Metro DC area and all glass and roof would run 500-700 depending on what tint you go with

shops that won't tint a Tesla front windshield just don't have the experience and/or want take the risk of wetting electronics down there.
The place I got my quote from did note that they don’t do the model 3 middle roof. What are your thoughts on that? They seem to be a legit place and detail very pricey cars.

Their reasoning is that they do many model 3s and they noticed that the way the roof glass meets the interior lining and it being vertical, there’s more risk of causing damage.

Has anyone’s service center offered test drives of the Performance? I’ve been told our local and surrounding SC’s will not have one to drive soon, if ever. The rep said others test drive the Long Range and make their decision based on that… I think that’s selling the new Performance short.
I've seen one on display at every one I've been to but never available to drive. They always steer you to the LR to test drive. Northern California.

I've seen one on display at every one I've been to but never available to drive. They always steer you to the LR to test drive. Northern California.
It seems like they just have one for each location in medium and small markets. It's a compromise between trying to market the car but also deliver those that have already been ordered. Best to keep the only one they have at the location in the showroom so every customer can see it vs. being gone a few hours each day for test drives or in the service bay repairing damage caused by "oh shiiiiii" test drives.