Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts were
- Range difference is not life changing
- MUCH faster
- better resale value
- I liked the value of the package especially bigger brakes, those always cost so much

I plan to take mine to autocross / track when I get the chance as well
what about the $2K acceleration boost for the LR? do you think that would be worth since it cites 0-60 time by a good amount to make LR “closer” to M3P?

what about the $2K acceleration boost for the LR? do you think that would be worth since it cites 0-60 time by a good amount to make LR “closer” to M3P?
If you do get the LR, the boost is 100% worth it. That said, I just sold my boosted AWD and am waiting for a P. For me, I wanted the tighter suspension and track mode so I can do autocross and light tracking. Also, while the boosted AWD and P are currently similar in performance after ~70, there could be more in the tank for the P in the future.

Reactions: DRTII and richieyim
I've had this same debate with myself. I don't plan to track the car, but we have a lot of very interesting roads where I live. I love the idea of having the fastest version, but how rough will the ride be on normal (read: shitty) roads? At this point with my EDD jumping all over the place (and in the wrong direction most recently) if a LR+ showed up in inventory I would seriously consider changing my order.

Reactions: richieyim
Hi everyone! I actually am part of the LR AWD tesla model 3 but wanted to know if making the upgrade to performance is worth it? So I wanted to ask y'all, why did you choose performance over the long range?

For me it was the speed and also because there’s so many model 3’s in my area but you don’t see M3P’s too often. These cars also hold their value extremely well at the moment.

-Performance brakes are nice

-Uberturbines even though I hated them at first.

I use to drag race when I was younger. And I plan to take this car to the track for fun. Can’t beat the performance and looks of this car for the price. While also saving $ on gas in the long run.

There’s a few videos on YouTube of M3P’s racing a LR with boost. You will still be faster than most street cars out there regardless.

Blue / Black M3P. Ordered 6/15 various EDD always 2 weeks out moving by the day. This morning No EDD. I reached out to the delivery center and they said they were seeing a lot of this and that there were some system updates happening. Internal system still shows likely mid to end August delivery.
Update, I got an email tonight asking that I accept Tesla Vision, VIN Number allocated and delivery August 14 -20!

Blue / Black M3P. Ordered 6/15 various EDD always 2 weeks out moving by the day. This morning No EDD. I reached out to the delivery center and they said they were seeing a lot of this and that there were some system updates happening. Internal system still shows likely mid to end August delivery.
Update, I got an email tonight asking that I accept Tesla Vision, VIN Number allocated and delivery August 14 -20

Thank you all for your response and helping me with my hard decision. Ultimately, I think it comes down to price because it is a pretty big jump to the M3P from LR. That being said, $2K is still a hefty price tag and that is a must if I keep going with LR AWD, but as of now, I’ll stick with it and if I make the change, I’ll be back in this thread :) Thanks y’all!

VIN yesterday, updated insurance for new VIN, re-submitted insurance yesterday - EDD still shows 8/2 - 8/5.
I've answered every single phone call I've received... oy (I never answer the phone!)
Had to turn down donations, extended warranties, scams and cold sales calls -> but noooooo Tesla calls, or txts... or any new online agreements to approve!
Haha. I know right. They must know when you’re expecting a call from an unknown number

• Funny
Reactions: johndough