Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the group!

Backstory, I placed a reservation for a Ford Bronco back in July 2020. I put in my order for a 2021 model year (MY) and then had to re-enter my order for a 2022 MY and in August the order banks open up for 2023 MY orders. Its just been a mess with Ford and the delays/commodity restraints...

Cut to making a complete 180 with car choice.....
I put in an order for a M3P on Friday 6-17. Tesla site said EDD would be Jun-Aug for the M3P.
Monday morning my EDD now shows November 25 - January 20.
Seems TESLA is pretty good with bring up your EDD and not pushing back (except for Flatbroke - I feel your pain from my Bronco order.)

Here's to hoping I get this before the end of summer

View attachment 819685
My first post as well but we are in the same boat. I ordered a Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch basically fully loaded out in Oct 2021. Delivery was scheduled Jan 2022, then March 2022, then May 2022, now we are at August 2022. I have a VIN now finally but in the meantime I’ve moved to CA and my gas bill has gone up astronomically. So I decided I will cancel and I ordered a M3P yesterday.

Ordered 6/21 with delivery June-Aug 2022. Now, less than 24 hours later, pushed back to Sep 10-Oct 22, 2022. Frustrated they pushed out of the window they had when I purchased, but I hope they move it back forward. Hoping I don’t find myself in the same situation I’m in on the Bronco nearly waiting a year!

• Disagree
Reactions: t-rex266
Took delivery this afternoon. Car is perfect in my eyes.

Only knock is it was on the supercharger when I got there and it cost me money and said I got a supercharger idle fee (which will be waived because it’s “my first”)

Attachments

• 263C4E42-8BD3-473D-BBDA-8F0C50794FE9.jpeg
    263C4E42-8BD3-473D-BBDA-8F0C50794FE9.jpeg
    785.3 KB · Views: 88
Please pardon cross-posting.

For anyone interested I have updated a statistical analysis I originally carried several months ago using Troy Teslike's spreadsheet documenting orders and deliveries for the various Model 3 subtypes. I employed "R Notebook" to carry out the statistical analysis which I have output in a handy pdf format.

I believe this document will be of interest to many current and prospective Model 3 Owners. In particular, I have analyzed model 3 wait times by Region of the USA stratified by Year. Naturally, I would appreciate any feedback you would care to provide me as well. Thank you.

Attachments

• tesla-pdf-document1.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: RedRocketM3P

For anyone interested I have updated a statistical analysis I originally carried several months ago using Troy Teslike's spreadsheet documenting orders and deliveries for the various Model 3 subtypes. I employed "R Notebook" to carry out the statistical analysis which I have output in a handy pdf format.

I believe this document will be of interest to many current and prospective Model 3 Owners. In particular, I have analyzed model 3 wait times by Region of the USA stratified by Year. Naturally, I would appreciate any feedback you would care to provide me as well. Thank you.
anyone download this yet? I’m too nervous to do it lol. I can say positively I am on Day 70 of waiting with Fremont facility pick up. Edd projected out to Aug 10. Would be 119 days. If it sticks.

Last edited:
I ordered accessories a week after I ordered the car :) They’ve been sitting in boxes in the basement impatiently waiting, just like me lol
Ha! Just like me. I'm going to be careful this time. When I ordered my 2020 C8 Corvette I did the same thing. But after that long unsuccessful wait I ended up with a handful of useless items in my garage. Managed to sell them and getting some money back though.

My first post as well but we are in the same boat. I ordered a Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch basically fully loaded out in Oct 2021. Delivery was scheduled Jan 2022, then March 2022, then May 2022, now we are at August 2022. I have a VIN now finally but in the meantime I’ve moved to CA and my gas bill has gone up astronomically. So I decided I will cancel and I ordered a M3P yesterday.

Ordered 6/21 with delivery June-Aug 2022. Now, less than 24 hours later, pushed back to Sep 10-Oct 22, 2022. Frustrated they pushed out of the window they had when I purchased, but I hope they move it back forward. Hoping I don’t find myself in the same situation I’m in on the Bronco nearly waiting a year!
If you are pressed for a car, there are a lot of low miles demos out there. And thanks to an earlier thread we know you can remove FSD.

One demo in GA has 3 miles.

Reactions: NCDAG's M3P

That was interesting, thanks for the share. Working in cyber security I was reluctant to open a file from someone I don’t know but said what the hell. Hoping you didn’t load it with malware 😉