Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my M3P order last night. Everything I saw up until that time was that the car was $62,990. However, once I placed the order the summary screen showed the car for $35,000 + $27,999 for the Performance upgrade. But Tesla doesn't sell a $35,000 M3 standard....

I thought this summary was odd, didn't screenshot it. All my emails, etc, show the $62,990 price tag.

I couldn't find any info on this, but is there some creative bookkeeping going on? Is this normal?
I think this is normal, in my MVPA my SR+ in 2021 also had a $35,000 Model 3 line and then $2990 was a separate line item for SR+ RWD package.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
Placed my M3P order last night. Everything I saw up until that time was that the car was $62,990. However, once I placed the order the summary screen showed the car for $35,000 + $27,999 for the Performance upgrade. But Tesla doesn't sell a $35,000 M3 standard....

I thought this summary was odd, didn't screenshot it. All my emails, etc, show the $62,990 price tag.

I couldn't find any info on this, but is there some creative bookkeeping going on? Is this normal?
Yes.

Mostly likely for public relations that it still has not raised the price of the most affordable $35,000 Tesla even though it refuses to sell any new Tesla for that price.

Also, in case there will be some incentives that will be based on the lowest price model and not on the actual selling one.

Also, Elon Musk said that he's open to the idea of lowering the price if the inflation will calm down.

Yes it is normal and weird. I divides the price into the model 3 and then the performance package.

Last edited:

They are probably hoodwinking some govt entity. Similar to how compensation of some folks is broken into low base salary and a huge amount of stocks on it to fool the IRS.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
The day has finally come! Just took delivery of the Beast today. Long day...

I was expecting a lot of face palm moments from the QC, but I was shocked that nothing needed to be submitted via the app to get fixed! Lucky I guess, but I wasn't expecting what I saw today.

The alignment in the front area were great, sides were good, rear hood/bumper were good, and the under areas were spotless without any scuffs or scrapes. It was so clean you could eat off of it.

The interior was almost spotless, a little dirt scuffs in some places and on the ceiling, but nothing a damp microfiber cloth couldn't fix. Doors closed well, window seals were tight (I even took it to a self serve car wash to just spray spotless water on it and it was solid. No leaks.), trunk and frunk closed well... no issues. I did request to not have the car washed at all and that wish was granted. Now I can wash it properly, clay bar etc... myself before the full PPF install with the tint to follow.

It did come with floor mats and the adapter, but no mobile charger as expected. Glad that I bought mine when I did.

Love the driving dynamics and I do prefer it over the MYP in terms of fun. The M3P reminds me a lot of my former BMWs. It's definitely a proper >3.5 sec car for sure and it pulls nicely even at higher passing speeds. (As expected.)

As many have said before, the wait is worth it. Just manage your expectations early on, start the timer and only start worrying after the average ~60 day mark or so. Anything before that is just another wasted grey hair. Not worth it. West coast team, I know how frustrating it is to see all the cars getting allocated to the east and mid-west first; that very same config that could have been yours. Sucks I know, but just hang in there and expect that to happen and it'll save you a lot of grief.

It was awesome hanging out with you all. Thanks for all the support and carrying the log with me (military training). I'll poke in here from time to time, but I'll be hanging out on another platform. Feel free to DM me if you'd like to reach out and have any questions about my experience!

🍻

I was expecting a lot of face palm moments from the QC, but I was shocked that nothing needed to be submitted via the app to get fixed! Lucky I guess, but I wasn't expecting what I saw today.

The alignment in the front area were great, sides were good, rear hood/bumper were good, and the under areas were spotless without any scuffs or scrapes. It was so clean you could eat off of it.

The interior was almost spotless, a little dirt scuffs in some places and on the ceiling, but nothing a damp microfiber cloth couldn't fix. Doors closed well, window seals were tight (I even took it to a self serve car wash to just spray spotless water on it and it was solid. No leaks.), trunk and frunk closed well... no issues. I did request to not have the car washed at all and that wish was granted. Now I can wash it properly, clay bar etc... myself before the full PPF install with the tint to follow.

It did come with floor mats and the adapter, but no mobile charger as expected. Glad that I bought mine when I did.

Love the driving dynamics and I do prefer it over the MYP in terms of fun. The M3P reminds me a lot of my former BMWs. It's definitely a proper >3.5 sec car for sure and it pulls nicely even at higher passing speeds. (As expected.)

As many have said before, the wait is worth it. Just manage your expectations early on, start the timer and only start worrying after the average ~60 day mark or so. Anything before that is just another wasted grey hair. Not worth it. West coast team, I know how frustrating it is to see all the cars getting allocated to the east and mid-west first; that very same config that could have been yours. Sucks I know, but just hang in there and expect that to happen and it'll save you a lot of grief.

It was awesome hanging out with you all. Thanks for all the support and carrying the log with me (military training). I'll poke in here from time to time, but I'll be hanging out on another platform. Feel free to DM me if you'd like to reach out and have any questions about my experience!

🍻
Congratulations, @unlock! I'm glad to hear everything went well. Cheers! 🍻

🍻
Congratulations. I’m glad it worked out favorably. Enjoy.

Reactions: unlock and bossra95
First day of my second two week window… pushed back to September 22-October 6. Bout to throw in the towel everyone. (OD 6/28, MSM/Black/EAP)
Hang in there. I am on day 85. I have had 4 two week windows, one 11 day window and one 4 day window. Still no official notice of VIN. I can see it when I do the "view page source" in My Account on Tesla's web page but for some reason I haven't been notified. For me it has now become a battle of wills and I won't back down !

Hang in there. I am on day 85. I have had 4 two week windows, one 11 day window and one 4 day window. Still no official notice of VIN. I can see it when I do the "view page source" in My Account on Tesla's web page but for some reason I haven't been notified. For me it has now become a battle of wills and I won't back down !
That makes it worse when everyone’s experience seems slightly different. If there is a VIN, then why isn’t it in the app.

I paid Tesla my downpayment last night and they asked to confirm that I have my financing check in hand via text yesterday. The bank is trying to say my interest rate is a bit higher than I thought so I need to go argue that this morning. Pending that, I’ll have my check and just be waiting for Tuesday or a request to come in earlier.

Oof. I hope that is not the case.
I have a Porsche Cayenne that I have a bit of equity in, so it’s just money dangling in front of me!

If you can call the Tesla # that has been texting you, you should try and schedule delivery with a person. I never really got put on hold too long, but I've read some long times on here every so often. If you have the time to call, you may be surprised by the result.

The phone # that has been texting says it only supports text messages. They did respond quickly and may be able to arrange delivery for Saturday.

As a note, the phone # advised me that they don't deliver vehicles on Sunday or Monday which was surprising to hear.

Reactions: julit0