Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to fix the speaker crackling sound that I had on my first drive home from delivery. I simply added some tesa tape behind the a-pillar speaker to stop it from contacting metal and shorting out. If anyone has the same issue at delivery and doesn’t want to wait for service, this video is very helpful.

What’s up everyone, hope you’re all doing well. If you haven’t seen any of my previous posts, I am super impatient, it’s definitely a flaw of mine.

Edit: To try and justify my impatience, I’m currently driving my wife to work and picking her up every day….in DC traffic. She accepted the job the first week of August, a few days before we ordered the car. I was hoping to have the car by now or at least have an end in sight, which is my fault, but I’ve been waiting years to finally purchase a Tesla.

I ordered a white/white M3P on 08/08, currently EDD is Oct 11 - Nov 8.

I saw that Tesla has a new LR white/white in inventory when I put in my zip code. It’s out of state, but only 2.5 hours away. When I clicked on the car to get more info, I see this, “This car can only be registered in ME, NH, NJ, PA, VT”. Stupid question - I don’t live in any of these states, but the car is showing up in my search and I don’t quite understand if that would prevent me from buying or there is some trick/process I’m unaware of? 😂

What’s up everyone, hope you’re all doing well. If you haven’t seen any of my previous posts, I am super impatient, it’s definitely a flaw of mine.

Edit: To try and justify my impatience, I’m currently driving my wife to work and picking her up every day….in DC traffic. She accepted the job the first week of August, a few days before we ordered the car. I was hoping to have the car by now or at least have an end in sight, which is my fault, but I’ve been waiting years to finally purchase a Tesla.

I ordered a white/white M3P on 08/08, currently EDD is Oct 11 - Nov 8.

I saw that Tesla has a new LR white/white in inventory when I put in my zip code. It’s out of state, but only 2.5 hours away. When I clicked on the car to get more info, I see this, “This car can only be registered in ME, NH, NJ, PA, VT”. Stupid question - I don’t live in any of these states, but the car is showing up in my search and I don’t quite understand if that would prevent me from buying or there is some trick/process I’m unaware of? 😂
You could do what people do for Montana and create an LLC in one of those states and register the car. You risk being taxed twice when you return to your home state. Consult a tax professional.

EDD update

6/28 Order date - P blue/white Dallas

Original window - July - Sept

7/6 - Update to 8/17 - 9/21

8/4 - Update to 8/25 - 9/22

8/18 - Update to 8/31 - 9/12

8/31 - Update to 9/12 - 9/26

9/10 - Update to 9/22 - 10/3

9/18 - Update to 10/3-10/31

9/25 - Update to 10/6 - 10/20
Well at least they are somewhat consistent for both of our orders. Although you should obviously get your first.

Depending on what kind of car your trying to sell, the cooling-off of the used car market could translate to thousands of dollars in losses. My recent offers from the Vroom/Carmax/Carvana types were ~1-3k lower than the month before. Private party prices are still high though.

Ah, got it. We sold our car the Tesla is replacing, living with 2 cars for 3 people for now. Sort of a pain, but got good cash, saving fuel (it was the worse MPG), and saving on insurance :D

Reactions: LorentzTorque