Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To close the loop on this, in case either of you are still waiting, I called the main US sales number about 30 minutes ago and spoke to someone who took down my information and said he would "pass it to the team looking into these". Within 30 minutes of hanging up I got my email and the RN now shows up in MyTesla with a reservation date of 3/31.

Thanks for the advice!! Did that today. After the phone call, about an hour later I got all I needed. Turns out there was an email typo (extra character). Email address is non-existing. All good now. Customer service on the phone was great. No worries from me. Typo's happen....

Reactions: ucmndd
Did anyone get an email confirmation? I can see my RN number on MYTESLA site but not confirmation email. My friend receive one on Saturday.
Also - would like to know if AC is a option or standard. I kinda like to have air in the car.

So what do you guys think the actual amount of people actually buying the car? I know Elon kept using the word 'order' in his Tweets, but the fact is that he mean 'pre-order'.

I bet there are a LOT of people that joined in just because of the hype. $1k is definitely not a small change, but I feel there's enough people that can afford not to have that amount of money on their bank account for the next few years (especially with the super low bank interest these days). There are also the number of people that find out that they can reserve 2 cars, and do so impulsively on the spot.

And we also don't know what's going to happen the next two years. I'm betting we'll see number of people drop out depending on their current situation. My guess is that 50-60% of pre-orders actually turn into sales, and that's me being optimistic.

My guess is maybe half are really serious about buying and the other half are (like me) hedging their bets to see what the final product looks like and costs before making a decision. Some of those people also reserved two cars and might only order one.

18-24 months is a really long time to wait, honestly I think maybe 25% of those first 200K pre-orders follow through though of course pre orders will continue to trickle in continuously.

• Helpful
Reactions: HachiRoku
I didn't realize on most stores the rep was the one inputting the email. At Fremont factory we entered the info ourselves, so if there's the typo.. it's basically our fault.. lol

Thanks for the advice!! Did that today. After the phone call, about an hour later I got all I needed. Turns out there was an email typo (extra character). Email address is non-existing. All good now. Customer service on the phone was great. No worries from me. Typo's happen....

has anyone figured out the RN # yet?
from what i can tell, on the two we ordered the RN1073xxxxx & RN1083xxxx, the first 3 digits appear to be the order sequence for the location. i state this based on the 100 people that were in line and I showed up shortly after the line cleared. the reset of the number has no sequence it appears.

from what i can tell, on the two we ordered the RN1073xxxxx & RN1083xxxx, the first 3 digits appear to be the order sequence for the location. i state this based on the 100 people that were in line and I showed up shortly after the line cleared. the reset of the number has no sequence it appears.
My RN starts with 1083 as well. Stood in line at Tyco and was like 70ish in line.

I stood in line at King of Prussia and was behind about 75 people and mine starts with 1081.

This was a salvaged Tesla. When a Tesla is salvaged they turn off Supercharging and 3G/4G access. Since the Tesla originally came with Supercharging, the new owner took it upon himself to turn it back on once repairs have been made.
Which showed that the SC just checks the cars for access it doesn't (at this time) report back to Tesla, the car does. That will have to change if they want to charge Model 3 drivers for usage.

My RN also begins with 1081...this clearly is redundant across many orders, so it could depict region. I placed my order online, 3/31.
Now all that's left to decode is the remaining 5 digits. Although it can't be numerical place in line because there were obviously more than 99,999 pre-orders.

Has anyone ordered really late and has gotten a RN larger than 9 digits???

Not necessarily. The car could report back to HQ via wifi/4G that it supercharged. No need to change the Superchargers.
Yeah, but cars where they have disabled the ability for the car to talk back to Tesla (like the salvage car in the example above) could potentially have SC re-enabled and the SC would be none the wiser.

NOTE I AM NOT ADVOCATING STEALING POWER IF IT IS REQUIRED TO BE PAID FOR!!!!! I am just pointing out that making the SC report back instead of the car takes that possibility away.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Yeah, but cars where they have disabled the ability for the car to talk back to Tesla (like the salvage car in the example above) could potentially have SC re-enabled and the SC would be none the wiser.

NOTE I AM NOT ADVOCATING STEALING POWER IF IT IS REQUIRED TO BE PAID FOR!!!!! I am just pointing out that making the SC report back instead of the car takes that possibility away.
This has already been done.

When Tesla discovers a Model S has been declared salvage, they remotely access the car, shut off supercharging, and then disable remote access. This is done by disabling the features in the car remotely, without the owner's permission.

Salvage Model S's have had supercharging re-enabled after it was disabled by Tesla. Not hard to do if someone gets root access to the car.

Personally, I don't have a problem with that. If someone has paid Tesla for supercharging, (either explicitly on an 60 or implicitly on a 70/85/90), I don't see how Tesla can justify shutting it off remotely. I don't see it as stealing power - I see it as re-enabling a feature you paid for that was taken away illegitimately.

Now I do think it's uncool/sleazy/etc to gain root access and turn on supercharging on a 60 for free, without paying Tesla for it. That's a whole different story.

I ordered online the instant the form unlocked, I got 1088.