Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So do you guys think brake light visibility is the main reason for this change? Or could there be other future utility in having the avatar larger?

The avatar used to be larger several months back. I think it was the version 9 update that brought a more zoomed out view? Not sure about the specific version but it was definitely whatever update brought the ability to see vehicles all around your car instead of just in front. It was definitely easier to see the brake lights and other things going on with your car when the avatar was larger. Seems like a good change to me since you don’t really need the zoomed out view all the time.

The avatar used to be larger several months back. I think it was the version 9 update that brought a more zoomed out view? Not sure about the specific version but it was definitely whatever update brought the ability to see vehicles all around your car instead of just in front. It was definitely easier to see the brake lights and other things going on with your car when the avatar was larger. Seems like a good change to me since you don’t really need the zoomed out view all the time.

Ya I remember that. I'm just wondering if there will be "other things" going on with the car since FSD is...well...around the corner, so to speak.

I just received (2AM EST 3/21) an Early Access Program email and update notice in my app for 2019.9 at the same time. Just installed it. Will check it out tomorrow. As far as range increase - YES, 2019.5.15 which I only had for 6 days (finally got it on 3/15) pushed me up to 316 on what I think was a full charge. Prior was 310 or 311 No 5% power increase though. Nothing in the notes either. I first received Dog Mode and sentry Mode just 6 days ago.

I was welcomed into the Early Access Program in the past beta for version ??? (I forget now but it was the big one at the time...7 maybe?) but never paid anything or did anything to be in the program. Low mile driver too. Not previous owner or anyone who submitted reports at all either.

I have a RWD LR bought back in April 2018

I only purchased EAP at configuration.

I did JUST purchase FSD on Sunday night 3/17 for the $2K "deal" though.

i got mine on saturday.
if you want the update and havent gotten it yet. you schedule a service. the service center always pushes out the updates for vehicles coming in for service. then when u recieve the update just cancel the service.
What a horribly selfish thing to do. Take up an appointment slot and prevent someone who may really need it from being able to schedule their service all because you can't be bothered to wait for your update like everyone else.
Do you sit in front of superchargers not plugged in on the off chance that you'll need to later in the day?

I just received (2AM EST 3/21) an Early Access Program email and update notice in my app for 2019.9 at the same time. Just installed it. Will check it out tomorrow. As far as range increase - YES, 2019.5.15 which I only had for 6 days (finally got it on 3/15) pushed me up to 316 on what I think was a full charge. Prior was 310 or 311 No 5% power increase though. Nothing in the notes either. I first received Dog Mode and sentry Mode just 6 days ago.

I was welcomed into the Early Access Program in the past beta for version ??? (I forget now but it was the big one at the time...7 maybe?) but never paid anything or did anything to be in the program. Low mile driver too. Not previous owner or anyone who submitted reports at all either.

I have a RWD LR bought back in April 2018

I only purchased EAP at configuration.

I did JUST purchase FSD on Sunday night 3/17 for the $2K "deal" though.

The first rule of EAP is you don't talk about EAP... the second rule of EAP is you DON'T talk about EAP...

If you're fortunate enough that your local SC has a Supercharger, you can just go there for juice and the car will auto-connect to the service center wifi.

Works in Dedham, MA. Best bet is to go after-hours, when they're no longer charging cars for deliveries, and the parking lot is a little calmer. It's way more considerate than booking a service appointment, then cancelling......

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri
Wow and not even a "/S" anywhere in the post.
We are getting jaded and as usual we take such inlighten posts as humor these days;)
Anyway, as it was explained to me, Tesla is merely removing a software throttling feature that limited how much amperage was allowed to flow at once, meaning, they opened the flow gates to allow more current to flow to the motor, in a given time.
This gives you more performance without cooking certain parts - heat.
It works the same way when filling the batteries, more flow creates heat here as well, but reduces charge times due to larger flow

Moderator note: this post has been edited.
————————

No Early Access details shared other than I'm a card carrying member...haha

I've pretty much been assured that even a SC cannot push a newer version of the firmware to your car beyond what the system has in place for your exact vehicle at that time. There could be a very short lag.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: israndy
No Early Access details shared other than I'm a card carrying member...haha

I've pretty much been assured that even a SC cannot push a newer version of the firmware to your car beyond what the system has in place for your exact vehicle at that time. There could be a very short lag.

You're providing details about when certain releases are being released and that they're beta firmware. That is explicitly against the EAP rules and the NDA you signed. I don't mean to be rude, but please re-read the agreement that you signed. Release timing and information would qualify as 'any' information.

Last edited by a moderator: