Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It said it would take 45 minutes, but took less than half an hour. I now have 32.2. Minor bug fixes. Hopefully a couple of those bug fixes will be the problems that just started with one of the last two updates: Phone would unlock the car but would not connect as a music source, and trying to unlock the car by opening any door other than the driver's door first failed to unlock the car, and then the car would not unlock at all except with the card key.

Now I'm happy until someone gets a newer update. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Dana1
I was going to try summon, but then I read the manual and it says you can't use it on an incline, and my driveway is inclined. And my garage is a tight fit. So I haven't tried it. I've also never tried auto-park.

Just try it in a parking lot somewhere. I'd say all driveways are on incline so it's a safe bet if your grade is low, it will work without issues.

Just installed 32.2 last night and saw a small issue.

On the on-screen vehicle showing the brake light. My left brake light is "dim" compared to the right. I did a reboot and it still didn't fix this issue. If I turn on the parking lights they light up just fine. I think it's software related and will contact service later today.

IMG_4207.jpg

Reactions: forkee
Just installed 32.2 last night and saw a small issue.

On the on-screen vehicle showing the brake light. My left brake light is "dim" compared to the right. I did a reboot and it still didn't fix this issue. If I turn on the parking lights they light up just fine. I think it's software related and will contact service later today.

View attachment 328449
Is your actual left brake light dim, or is it just the light on the display? If the display, perhaps just wait until it is fixed in a future update.

Is your actual left brake light dim, or is it just the light on the display? If the display, perhaps just wait until it is fixed in a future update.

I haven't had a chance to check this morning. I just got into work. I will check on this during my lunch break and report back. I think it's just a bug on the display cluster rather than the actual brake light.

It may be placebo effect but on my commute this morning EAP/TACC was incrementally but noticeably smoother in brake/accel transitions and was more graceful about handling a segment where two small lanes converge briefly into one giant lane.

In the past at this point the car would shoot straight for the center of this super wide lane but today it handled it pretty close to how I would if I were driving.

Also the app response from the car is rather substantially improved. I’m hoping this doesn’t cause more vampire drain which has been quite low for my car in the last two releases.

It may be placebo effect but on my commute this morning EAP/TACC was incrementally but noticeably smoother in brake/accel transitions and was more graceful about handling a segment where two small lanes converge briefly into one giant lane.

In the past at this point the car would shoot straight for the center of this super wide lane but today it handled it pretty close to how I would if I were driving.

Also the app response from the car is rather substantially improved. I’m hoping this doesn’t cause more vampire drain which has been quite low for my car in the last two releases.

it's probably a placebo effect, lol

I would imagine any improvements in autopilot would be a big thing to celebrate, rather than "minor improvements" as indicated on the screen. it's so minor, they don't even list any specs (only previous update descriptions).

brake/accel transitions is affected from regen braking adjustments. my passengers were getting carsick from standard, so i set it to low. after using it for awhile then going back to standard, even I can't stand the aggressive automatic braking. it's much more comfortable and worth whatever mileage lost from regenerative braking.

my app experience is unchanged with new firmware. summon still sucks (never had an issue with other stuff like horn, lock, lights)

It would not surprise me too much if "minor improvements" or "minor bug fixes" in software resulted in noticeable improvements in EAP handling. I need to get out today and see how it feels with 32.2.

BTW, it's August. Weren't they promising the first features for the FSD package to come out this month? I didn't pay for FSD, but I'm anxious to learn what these new features are, and how well people find them to work. If they introduce features I want badly enough I could upgrade.

it's probably a placebo effect, lol

I would imagine any improvements in autopilot would be a big thing to celebrate, rather than "minor improvements" as indicated on the screen. it's so minor, they don't even list any specs (only previous update descriptions).

brake/accel transitions is affected from regen braking adjustments. my passengers were getting carsick from standard, so i set it to low. after using it for awhile then going back to standard, even I can't stand the aggressive automatic braking. it's much more comfortable and worth whatever mileage lost from regenerative braking.

my app experience is unchanged with new firmware. summon still sucks (never had an issue with other stuff like horn, lock, lights)

The largest single jump in AP2.x EAP capability happened in a “minor improvements” update. I believe it was 2018.10.4 and included a wholesale rebuild of the entire neural net. “Minor improvement” indeed.