Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both times that I have received an update I had an orange alarm clock on the top right side of my screen. When I clicked on the alarm clock I was able to schedule the software update.

Well, I called Tesla and they indicated that while an update was pushed to my car, engineering revoked it due to issues with the update and should wait for the next one to drop. Still on 2018.4.9 and no updates yet.

As posted elesewhere, after 150 miles of highway & local road, I’m 100% sure this is the new NN for AP2. Much more stable lane centering even uphill, navigates local roads with ease where previous version would break down. No doubt.

I agree completely with this. I’m also wondering if they are using the different cameras in the windshield. I’ve definately noticed the car appears to be accounting for changes further ahead than in the past (even more so than our AP1 model S). It’s very noticeable to me when crossing intersections with broken or no lane lines. There is an intersection that crosses six lanes on my commute to work that I always had to take over on, with 10.5 the car navigates smoothly and lands dead center in the lane on the other side of the intersection.

Reactions: 2virgule5
Both times that I have received an update I had an orange alarm clock on the top right side of my screen. When I clicked on the alarm clock I was able to schedule the software update.

I had a big window that took up most of the screen asking me if I wanted to update now or schedule for later.

Well, I called Tesla and they indicated that while an update was pushed to my car, engineering revoked it due to issues with the update and should wait for the next one to drop. Still on 2018.4.9 and no updates yet.

Does anybody know what these issues are? Or is it only the phone issues a few people are having?

Now that we know thumb-wheel control of TACC/AP behavior is coming, I think the biggest item on my wish list is Wi-Fi.

I had a big window that took up most of the screen asking me if I wanted to update now or schedule for later.

Does anybody know what these issues are? Or is it only the phone issues a few people are having?

Now that we know thumb-wheel control of TACC/AP behavior is coming, I think the biggest item on my wish list is Wi-Fi.

wifi important, but also summon and camper mode (especially with summer coming)

Reactions: daniel
wifi important, but also summon and camper mode (especially with summer coming)

Agree. But summer is a couple of months away yet, and I want Wi-Fi now. I'm not sure what camper mode is. I'm not a camper but I will be leaving the car for a week or two at a time while I'm at various hiking lodges, and I want a power-saving mode. I don't care if it takes five minutes to wake the car up, if charge on the big battery can be conserved without endangering the charge on the 12V battery.

Agree. But summer is a couple of months away yet, and I want Wi-Fi now. I'm not sure what camper mode is. I'm not a camper but I will be leaving the car for a week or two at a time while I'm at various hiking lodges, and I want a power-saving mode. I don't care if it takes five minutes to wake the car up, if charge on the big battery can be conserved without endangering the charge on the 12V battery.
My car interior was 145 degrees sitting outside at work yesterday in Florida. Summer is here!! New update has great power saving. I think I lost 1mi over 10 hours or so. Once they get around fixing whatever was wrong with 10.5 you should be set!

Camper mode / camping mode is the unofficial name for the ability to run the climate control for extended periods while the car is parked, useful for when car camping and sleeping in the car.

My car interior was 145 degrees sitting outside at work yesterday in Florida. Summer is here!! New update has great power saving. I think I lost 1mi over 10 hours or so. Once they get around fixing whatever was wrong with 10.5 you should be set!

Yikes!!!! Remind me not to move to Florida. :eek:

Camper mode / camping mode is the unofficial name for the ability to run the climate control for extended periods while the car is parked, useful for when car camping and sleeping in the car.

Thank you. I agree this should be made available, but it's not on my wish list. I want to leave the car parked for a couple of weeks without losing range. My Prius can remain parked with touch-to-unlock shut off (have to actually press the fob button to unlock the car) and neither the hybrid battery nor the 12V battery loses appreciable charge after two weeks. I want to be able to do the same with the Model 3, even if it means some delay booting up the car when I get back to it.

The manual says that when unplugged and not being driven, the Model 3 discharges at the rate of 1% per day. That's 3 miles of range lost per day. The car really needs to have a mode allowing for a slower discharge rate. As I said, the Prius does not lose appreciable charge as long as the lights are off and the fob proximity detection is turned off.

Reactions: Wolverinegeoff
The manual says that when unplugged and not being driven, the Model 3 discharges at the rate of 1% per day. That's 3 miles of range lost per day. The car really needs to have a mode allowing for a slower discharge rate. As I said, the Prius does not lose appreciable charge as long as the lights are off and the fob proximity detection is turned off.

On both the S/X and the 3, if they aren't driven for 24-48 hours, they go into a deep sleep that cuts back the vampire drain a lot. I would wager that the 3 would lose only around 1-1.5 miles per day once its in deep sleep.

On both the S/X and the 3, if they aren't driven for 24-48 hours, they go into a deep sleep that cuts back the vampire drain a lot. I would wager that the 3 would lose only around 1-1.5 miles per day once its in deep sleep.

The manual says 1% per day and warns to be sure you have enough charge if you park at the airport. It says nothing about a deep sleep mode. I hope you are right.

So with the latest update, the doors don’t unlock until the handle is pulled. As a result it seems I have to open a door in order to unplug the charging cord. Am I missing something?

Simply operating the handle should be sufficient. You should not need to actually open the door.

On another note, with the latest update, sometimes the car remembers that I was listening to the USB and resumes where I left off, and sometimes it forgets and I have to go all the way through the menus and select USB and pick an album and a track to start on. On the previous version is almost never remembered.

And another note, I've gotten into the habit of locking the door with the key card because I don't like walking away and hoping it actually locks. When I tried to lock the car from the passenger side, it did not lock. This happened on two separate occasions. I had to go around to the driver's side. Then I was able to lock it with the card. It can be unlocked from either side, but maybe it can be locked only from the driver's side?

With 2018.10.5 It now saves the reverse settings (both!) correctly so the mirrors work like they do on the S/X! Now I can dispense with the reverse driver profile work-around.
Argh! I thought this worked when I first tested it with 2018.10.5, but if it did, it's totally not repeatable. It seems to be back to the old system where no user-position is saved for reverse and it is only capable of tilting downward some fixed amount when the auto-tilt is on.