Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software version 2019.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did, I mess up my update?
Got app notification, but got unknown error when connecting the app to the car to proceed.
So I went to the car and started the install.
While leaving the car I decided to plug in the charger.
Screen in car now locked up on non responsive static charging screen, app will not connect.
Hopefully something good going on in the background. Been that way for a 1/2 hour. If still that way in another 1/2 hour, I will try a reboot.

Update: the update to .32 did install, and the app responds. Looks like they made it dummy proof. Next time I will not plug in the charger.

So today I installed the update while inside the car and mine did the same thing as yours did. Partway through the installation the screen froze up and a couple different error messages (“Software update required”) came and went. What’s interesting is that the error message was flashing on the screen, so the screen wasn’t actually frozen it was just ignoring any touch inputs during the update. After the update everything was completely normal. I guess this is what happens every time we remotely update our cars from the app too.

More intuitive tha a clock

I don’t believe this replaces the clock icon. The clock indicates that the update has already been downloaded and is ready to be installed or scheduled. The download icon indicates that there is an update available for your car but has not been downloaded yet. This is helpful to those that don’t have easy access to WiFi where they park. You can still get this info from the Software section in the car menus, it’s just more obvious with it in the status bar. At least that’s how I’m deciphering this change.

I don’t believe this replaces the clock icon. The clock indicates that the update has already been downloaded and is ready to be installed or scheduled. The download icon indicates that there is an update available for your car but has not been downloaded yet. This is helpful to those that don’t have easy access to WiFi where they park. You can still get this info from the Software section in the car menus, it’s just more obvious with it in the status bar. At least that’s how I’m deciphering this change.
It would be great if it appeared in the app as well.

Reactions: Deraillor
I just got an ebay cover for the M3 and after I put it on and then
went inside, my Android app showed Update Pending. Clicked
OK. Under the sheets. On the app, it shows the update took.

Now I'm looking forward to lifting the covers, performing the
Reset Console, Power down all, wait 3 min, start back up routine,
and then launching out into the world in NOA. It's like watching a
family member who's going through therapy, and gets a little better
after each session. Look forward to DRIVING it.

All the cosmetic things are well and fine, but what really matters
most to me is how it drives in NOA and AP/AS. A few months ago
it drove like a 16 year old. More like a 19 year old now. And this is
where I expect incremental improvement with 2019.32 too.

D'oh, that's right... week of the year type thing. My bad.
I love this option in the iOS calendar app.
CC79569A-9CFE-4AD1-8308-927D564B90BE.jpeg

A329BBAC-9707-4433-BB4F-2FAA18C923EB.jpeg