Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Oct 23 episode of USA Network's risqué drama Satisfaction, one of the protagonists leaves a rendezvous by hurrying out to her black Model S. The car is never seen in full, but identifiable to anyone on TMC. However as she approaches the car there is a generic remote unlock "chirp" and then the sound of an engine starting and revving as she quickly drives off! I nearly fell off the couch...

TV/Hollywood rarely gets car sounds right. The first few episodes of CHiPS played tire squealing noises when the police motorcycles rounded turns "in pursuit" when it was obvious to anyone they never drove faster than 30 MPH. Also try counting upshifts, many Hollywood cars and trucks have at least 25 gears to shift up through. Tires also squeal in grass fields. Dirtbikes get confused as to whether they are 2-stroke or 4-stroke. And don't get me going on laugh tracks: Big Bang Theory is almost unwatchable for its inane overused laugh track.

TV/Hollywood rarely gets car sounds right. The first few episodes of CHiPS played tire squealing noises when the police motorcycles rounded turns "in pursuit" when it was obvious to anyone they never drove faster than 30 MPH. Also try counting upshifts, many Hollywood cars and trucks have at least 25 gears to shift up through. Tires also squeal in grass fields. Dirtbikes get confused as to whether they are 2-stroke or 4-stroke. And don't get me going on laugh tracks: Big Bang Theory is almost unwatchable for its inane overused laugh track.
The thing that I hate about movies, is that even though the cars are going as fast as they can, there always seem to be able to push more of the gas pedal to go faster. Why weren't they flooring it before?

Again, maybe a repost but John Legend/Chrissy Tiegen
image.jpg

[1] Who is Crissy Teigen and [2] why is a leftish radical from the West coast of Sweden interested in this type of gossip?

Edit: [3] And why did you steal my avatar?!?! :)
1. I think you know who Chrissy is. And if you don’t, then in that case it’s very easy to find out. :rolleyes:
2. I’ll post anything that plugs Tesla. :cool:

3. Because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (?) And you’re not the only one with a soft spot for fictional electric station wagons. And if you look closely you can clearly see that the one in my avatar doesn't have a roof rack (!) And… Are you by any chance color blind? :wink:

And since I can no longer find anything about politics in the forum rules…

Here you label me a ”leftish radical”. But from a moral/ethical standpoint, that doesn’t mean that it’s me who is wrong

Also: IIRC you’re some sort of MD. Which has relevance since: I’m going to guess that you just like me on moral and ethical grounds support a universal health care system as opposed to the system which was in place in the US prior to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) (And I know ACA doesn’t mean universal health care.)

Assuming I’m correct in my guess above: In a US context, not that few would label you too a “leftish radical”…

And why not:

I would probably vote for these if elections were held to today:

http://www.vansterpartiet.se/assets/V-12-sprak.pdf [The Left Party (My edit.)]

(For English see page 7.)

And I’m guessing you would vote for these:

Swedish Green Party / Miljöpartiet de gröna

(Johan resides in Norway but most likely still holds his Swedish citizenship…)

Or like this:

Who is Crissy Teigen /.../ ? /...
She’s the one being serenaded in this song:

So she is clearly very famous !!! :wink:

She’s also kind of half Norwegian (!) (As you've probably already guessed by now[SUP]1[/SUP]...) :rolleyes:

[SUP]1[/SUP] Her last name is kind of a giveaway (for all you non-Scandinavian folks)…

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I had the pleasure of working with Herschel Walker. In fact, he rode with me in my MS to an event at our local VA hospital. He said he owns a Tesla (along with a other 100 cars of different makes/models). He's a really nice guy and an outstanding public speaker. He agrees to a pic with me and my MS.
20151217_131827.jpg

Reactions: NYEVDriver