Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN today after finalizing yesterday. Does that mean they started building the car?

@Btrflyl8e, what does "OG" mean?

60kWh Model S | Black w/ Black Leather and Piano Trim | Tech and Pano | VIN 1550X
Reserved 6/14/13 | Finalized 6/16/13 | VIN 6/17/13 | Est Delivery Late July | Delivery Button TBD | Delivery Window TBD | Delivery TBD
OG = obeche gloss

- - - Updated - - -

I may just do that and let my wife test drive first and wait to experience it myself when I get the car. :)
I highly recommend it. You've already ordered so why test drive? Let the excitement and anticipation continue until you sit behind the wheel of your own. I was even hesitant about just looking at one in person, but the Tampa SC hosted a meetup for FL TMC, and I couldn't stay away, I just wanted a peek at what the blue I ordered looked like in person.

For what it's worth, almost all of us have waited much longer! The Performance and Performance Plus models are getting priority at the factory - probably because they have higher margins. My P85 was finalized/released to factory on 5/27 and I've got a delivery appointment for 6/28. I think the non-Perf cars are running more like 6 to 8 weeks but haven't been tracking those models as closely.

You should be able to get in for a test drive sooner,by the way. I was able to get a next day test drive scheduled for my GF.

You know we both get our car the same day, I grab it at 1:00 in Bellevue, I not wanted house delivered and they even offered it free. I ordered 28MAY13 and they asked to build with my configuration on 03JUN13 VIN 14042

MBCMDR, I can understand why you would want to but I just love the idea of Tesla breaking all the auto dealer 'rules'.

I'm trying not to fixate-anticipate. Tis hard.

If you read the fine print in the contract, you pickup the car at the service center 100% free on nick scratches, dents ETC, now to have the car delivered to the home you sign wavier basic they deliver to you set day but time questionable, if scraches, dents anything you dislike tell your insurance company as the wavier allows them to transport it on your behalf not like a service center pickup.. I drive 134 miles daily so one pickup not going to kill me..

If you read the fine print in the contract, you pickup the car at the service center 100% free on nick scratches, dents ETC, now to have the car delivered to the home you sign wavier basic they deliver to you set day but time questionable, if scraches, dents anything you dislike tell your insurance company as the wavier allows them to transport it on your behalf not like a service center pickup.. I drive 134 miles daily so one pickup not going to kill me..

Is this the fine print to which you're referring?

"You will be the beneficiary of any claims for damage to the vehicle or losses occurring while the vehicle is in the possession of a common carrier."

If so, how can that be construed as to being the responsibility of my insurance company. Any damage should be the responsibility of the insurance of the common carrier.

Besides, I would have to drive 260+ miles without any superchargers along the route.

but what if I gave my old car away? Divide by zero error should win, right?

divide-by-zero-hole.jpg

I wonder what the highest percentage of difference in value anyone has had when they've upgraded from a crappy old car to a Model S. We sold our old car for under 500, thus our Model S has a value more than 30,000% higher than the old vehicle.

I was driving a 96 Honda Accord with no power windows before I got my 85kwh. Don't know what I could have gotten for it, but letting my friend drive it for now.

I wonder what the highest percentage of difference in value anyone has had when they've upgraded from a crappy old car to a Model S. We sold our old car for under 500, thus our Model S has a value more than 30,000% higher than the old vehicle.

I sold my '97 S-10 Pickup for $500 as well. I bought it used in 2009 for $4k. In fact, the most I'd ever spent on a car prior to the Model S was $8k for a 2000 Dodge Dakota, which I bought in 2003.