Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today evening, I went to Delivery Center and took a peep at my car sitting inside the center garage. Tesla rep was nice to talk about the hold but not much info was shared with them from Fremont. All they were asked was to keep the car on hold per engineering team instructions. Though my delivery is scheduled for 7/24, the person was unsure whether they will get it ready for the schedule as they need at least two days to prep the car after the hold is released. So, the rep said mostly mid next week 7/28. Frustrating but cannot do much.. safety comes first!!.
I talked to my SA today as well and he said the same thing. They are holding many model S at the facility right now pending engineering release. The best they can tell is it’s a software update that needs to be pushed to address several issues.

Today evening, I went to Delivery Center and took a peep at my car sitting inside the center garage. Tesla rep was nice to talk about the hold but not much info was shared with them from Fremont. All they were asked was to keep the car on hold per engineering team instructions. Though my delivery is scheduled for 7/24, the person was unsure whether they will get it ready for the schedule as they need at least two days to prep the car after the hold is released. So, the rep said mostly mid next week 7/28. Frustrating but cannot do much.. safety comes first!!.
I wonder if the NHTSA is doing an investigation and is making them hold all deliveries while they investigate or something...

Is delaying the delivery of a few thousand vehicles really that significant?

I don't think Tesla every released information on why they were holding more than 10 thousand Model 3/Y vehicles. (At least until they released them and posted the blog about removing radar and switching to Tesla Vision.)
They have 2 to 3 weeks of Teslas that have been produced, in the pipeline, and will be held until the issue is resolved. I assume today's production and future production until the issue is resolved will need modification and/or be held. This is costing Tesla a bunch of money. Yes, the Tesla news sites should know what is going on. They scream when FSD Beta rewrite is a week delayed.

Reactions: doubleshot
E
I do not believe 19" wheels has anything to do with it... Mine has 21" rims and is sitting at the Tesla Shop here in Atlanta
Wait. Yours is sitting at Alpharetta DC? Have you gone by to visit yet? I'd be down there in a heartbeat. Maybe I'll take a trip by tomorrow to see it for you :)

Reactions: RandomPlanet
@Louiedog I have a plaid from the delivery event and have not heard about it going to the SC. Where did you hear that?

When I was there on Sunday they told me the same thing. I was kicking myself for not keeping my Saturday appointment and I was told "Why, you would only have to bring it back" To which I thought, bro, i'd love to see you make me bring it back... I guess people like me is the reason for the hold, sorry..... :)

• Funny
Reactions: DJ-3 and JimLL
I was among the folks saying the fire was an outlier or likely had some external circumstance, but given the zero communication Tesla has done regarding this hold, I'm not super stoked on leaving the car parked in my garage while I'm away for 9 days. Ugh.

I understand that you don't want a public overreaction to things if it is an outlier, but at the same time I'd prefer they say _why_ there is a hold so that rampant speculation can end and I don't feel anxious about having the car nearby.
What, exactly, do you 'disagree' with here, @doubleshot ?

Perhaps someone who has taken delivery recently (July 1-15) could call the SC and ask if their car is safe to drive; maybe that's one way to get more intel. Frankly, if I received my car a day or so before the hold, I'd be concerned about what the problem is and why mine might or might not be affected. Is there any evidence that someone has been asked to return their car to the SC or not drive it until the hold is lifted?

Reactions: JimLL
Perhaps someone who has taken delivery recently (July 1-15) could call the SC and ask if their car is safe to drive; maybe that's one way to get more intel. Frankly, if I received my car a day or so before the hold, I'd be concerned about what the problem is and why mine might or might not be affected. Is there any evidence that someone has been asked to return their car to the SC or not drive it until the hold is lifted?

I like that idea so who's gonna call? At this point my work schedule is so slammed that if it takes a week I don't care I wouldn't mind it being a Friday delivery so they have a week to sort this out.

I just called, they said whatever is going on it's not affecting cars that have been delivered. Sounded busy, doubt I'd trust my encounter.

I just called, they said whatever is going on it's not affecting cars that have been delivered. Sounded busy, doubt I'd trust my encounter.
@cytranic could it be related to our vibration issue? Other then that my car is 10 out of 10. However, since it was delivered at the event it was gone over with a fine tooth comb.