Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was simply stating it is firmware henece the unsolicited invite to EA and subsequent firmware. I understand people are frustrated (understandably) but I wanted alieve any fears of serious mechanical issues or failures. I will keep my experience to myself. Hope everyone gets their cars soon.
Your experience is welcome (to me at least) and may be more informative than we're getting. Personally (and I'm not looking to fight) I found the "end of discussion" to be fairly off putting and dismissive. You may not have intended it to be that way.

The other thing though, is I do believe they're working on firmware and/or software.

Possibly hardware issues as well.

So, the fact that YOU received an early firmware is encouraging, but may (or may not) have anything to do with the hold. If Tesla was more communicative we'd be able to speculate less.

I encourage you to continue to post updates. I try to re-read what I write, if not for clarity, then for whether it would be read with tonality or misinterpretation. I often erase sentences, paragraphs, or even whole posts.

It may be safe to say folks might wish I'd erase more of my posts :)

I hope he was staging me by presenting the worse, but Tesla just called me and this doesn't sound like it's going away soon. The part I left out from my rant above is that I spent Saturday night in the area so I was already in town when they emailed to refrain from coming to the store. Since I was already there on Sunday they gave me a loaner. Apparently that's not a common offer (So they said). That gave me solace that this would be a quick thing but after my discussion a moment ago, it almost sounded like they were prepared to be without this loaner for a while...

This isn't really news i'm presenting here, but based on the tone of the conversation it was enough to make me go back underground. Since I placed the order I've been ignoring all things Tesla to keep my excitement in check. I'm going to have to drown myself in work and other activities for a while so I don't think about it.

Reactions: DJ-3
Are Plaids deliveries on hold? I have a friend that is waiting to take delivery of his Plaid in Cleveland but they can’t’ sell it to him. They said there is a computer glitch on Tesla’s side. It can’t be approved to delivery until they fix it. He is upset.
I have been under the same hole since July 17 my car is waiting for me at the delivery center but they said I cannot take possession of it until this whole is removed. I ordered my car back in March so you know I am anxiously waiting. This is a bit upsetting

Reactions: derevan007
Since there seems to be a (nationwide?) delivery hold on the Model S this week. There are at least three of four of us on this forum that were supposed to get our cars this week but have been told there was a delivery hold from Engineering at Fremont. Someone said it was related to a charge port, some other said it might be software related. So I thought I'd create a new thread on this so we can have all info on one thread since the main "Model S Delivery Update" is soo active it's hard to keep track of.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today (Monday 7/19 at 10AM CST) but got a call around 11:45AM from the delivery center saying that they've been told to hold the vehicle for further inspection and could not give me any specifics. My delivery date has been rescheduled to 7/24.

If you have any updates, please post them here.
I’m in the same boat I was supposed to take delivery of mine on July 17 my vehicle arrived at the delivery center but they stated I could not take delivery of it due to the fact that there was a nationwide hold. This is a bit upsetting but I’m sure it will be worth the wait when we do receive them

I’m in the same boat I was supposed to take delivery of mine on July 17 my vehicle arrived at the delivery center but they stated I could not take delivery of it due to the fact that there was a nationwide hold. This is a bit upsetting but I’m sure it will be worth the wait when we do receive them
It will be worth the while!!! That’s the only thought that keeps me going haha. I’ve been waiting since January, and I know there are many here that have the same configurations and ordered way before me that still don’t even have a VIN. At the end of the day, we will all get our cars and they will be worth it!! Sounds like Tesla is making sure they’re safe, which I’m okay with despite how upsetting/frustrating that is.

I was told to expect delivery on my Plaid in the June 22-30 window. When that passed, I was told it would be a week or so later. When that passed, I was told delivery would likely be in August. Frustrating! Also, I was told that my 19" Tempest wheels would be charcoal and I could not get them in bright polished aluminum - more frustration! it's difficult to understand why I cannot get the wheels I want.

I just spoke with my SA today, and he explained to me that it’s a software or firmware issue, and that the factory and development team up in Fremont have yet to push it to the cars. I’m thinking that this batch of Model S vehicles was made differently with regards to the chips and Tesla is trying to prevent potentially serious issues with the firmware as these get pushed out into the wild. Once they are released to the public, it’s hard to get people to update their cars vs updating them at the SC and having peace of mind that all is well when they are sold.

Just wanted to say that I’ve been without a car since March. Tesla told me to sell my previous MS as my delivery date was quickly approaching, so I did so and since then have not had a vehicle. I laid into the SA today pretty hard because I too scheduled out my entire week to take delivery today. When I don’t get answers for why my six figure car isn’t being delivered as planned, I expect answers that they are simply not giving. Saying the car is in perfect condition, and then in the same breath saying that there’s a hold that the factory wants to enforce until they figure out firmware isn’t very reassuring.

Anyways, at this point, it’s all up to Tesla as to when they are going to release this hold. It doesn’t seem like this is a LR issue as there are Plaid vehicles in the same boat on this hold. Hopefully they will work on this over the weekend and we’ll have more answers Monday. Because I was so mad, the SA did tell me that he’d call me no matter what on Monday with an update, and also that I would be the first scheduled delivery when the hold is lifted. I don’t want to cut people in line, so I brushed that off, but I did appreciate the sentiment of him following up, even if nothing changes. Typically SA’s just want to get off the phone and tell you to **** off.

I seriously do wonder if there’s something big that’s a problem - and if I’m driving around that problem right now. After seeing the issues GM didn’t admit to at first and realizing Tesla is Tesla, I’m not too confident.

Just got a call from the manager at my SC in San Diego. The HOLD has been LIFTED per a company wide email he received. He gave me no specific reason why the hold was there in the first place) I’ll be getting my Plaid in the am!
I sure hope this is a complete lift of hold. My first call tomorrow will be to my SC. Thanks for the update!!

It's too later for Chicago DC to receive any message now. Hope they get whatever the f*** message stating that cars can be delivered tomorrow morning. Will check with delivery rep tomorrow first hour. 🤞
Can't imagine receiving a call back from Tesla in under 5 mins after leaving a message. So, the rep said that they did receive confirmation of HOLD RELEASE. Since it's too late here, they are going to prep the car for delivery.. if possible tomorrow or on Monday. IL has stupid rule of not delivering cars on a Sunday 🤦‍♂️. Nevertheless, we are almost at finish line...

Just got a call from the manager at my SC in San Diego. The HOLD has been LIFTED per a company wide email he received. He gave me no specific reason why the hold was there in the first place) I’ll be getting my Plaid in the am!

UPDATE: Just got a call that I can go pick mine up on Sunday early morning at 10:00AM. Hopefully everyone else is getting these calls for their orders.

1627087518033.gif