Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaaaand same here. Sold my 2015 P85D end of Feb in anticipation of that March delivery. You would think being a Tesla customer for six years I’d have learned. You’d be wrong.
Yeah, same boat--I thought March might be a stretch, but figured April/May was safe when I sold my P85. Dummy.

lucy-football.jpg

Anyone want to try and convince me to get a MSLR over a M3P?

- Only do road trips in Europe (live in Canada)
- Never (and I mean never) drive more than 200km in one day here
- Usually only drive 20-30km a day
- Like fast cars (which is why I'm not even considering anything >4s 0-100)
- Trunk space doesn't matter too much
Wrong section but this is my thinking:
If you want fast, then the refresh Model S LR should be faster than a M3P. The 0-60 time might be similar at about 3 seconds but beyond 60mph and the MSLR should easily pull away. The MS LR has 670hp so should be capable of high 10s in the 1/4. The LR weighs more than 4500lbs so it’s 450-500lbs more than a M3P. Regardless,, the extra 170hp in the LR should be more than enough to compensate for it's extra weight. Besides speed, the Model S refresh is so much nicer than a M3, especially the interior.

Looks like orders made before 1/28/21, LR and Plaid, aren’t showing a delivery date yet.

Anyone different?

Also does anyone have anything in writing about our $2,000 discount for pre-refresh orders being converted? I can’t find anything other than a phone call which I didn’t record.
I do have an email exchange from my SA in Naples verifying the $2000 discount for pre-orders.

Roughly it seems like people with LR reservations have had their delivery estimates pushed back while people with Plaid reservations have stayed the same. This would also make sense with what Tesla said that Plaid would come before LR. However these extreme delays without notice are still unacceptable at best!

I don’t think so.. MS LR ordered 1/10, converted 1/30 - order RN1143x - no date shown (no July, no March, no -, no nothing.)

One of the incentives to converting existing orders (to the new increased price) was supposed to be “priority delivery” in addition to the $2000, so maybe (hopefully) this is part of that? Wishful thinking.

I get it but comparing the Taycan to the Tesla Model S LR & Plaid is apples to oranges.
Well technically, its an apple vs a picture of what appears to be orange.

Yes, the Model S is arguably the best EV out there, but I think you will see a rapid decline in the number of people who want to deal with the company in order to get the product. With MB, BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW, you know you are not going to worry about paint defects, panel gaps, compressor brackets sourced from Home Depot, or being able to reach service and get a return phone call. I think I would bet Polestar, Rivian and Lucid to deliver a better experience because they are the new guys and gals and they know they had to (kinda like Tesla Service from 2013 to 2016 or so).

And maybe, that is the point, Tesla doesn't feel like they have to put in the effort anymore.

June could still be possible. Tesla could be saying July and then start deliveries in June,- ahead of schedule lol. They'd prefer to say July and deliver in June compared to saying June and then being late.
Some reddit folks saying their accounts updated with July date today. My order starts as #1142.. for S Performance and began 11/22, and then updated 1/29 for Plaid refresh version. My order page still has no date at all.

It's the old saw about a sausage factory. You start out making the best sausage out there. Customers say mmm, good and word spreads.

Then you start to add a little sawdust to the mix, but customers still love it, because they expect it to taste the same.

Pretty soon is is more sawdust than meat, but you have already had your IPO and are now the richest sausage factory owner in the world. Who cares what the customer thinks now? If they complain, just move to, say, Texas...

It's the old saw about a sausage factory. You start out making the best sausage out there. Customers say mmm, good and word spreads.

Then you start to add a little sawdust to the mix, but customers still love it, because they expect it to taste the same.

Pretty soon is is more sawdust than meat, but you have already had your IPO and are now the richest sausage factory owner in the world. Who cares what the customer thinks now? If they complain, just move to, say, Texas...
i see what you did there :D

I ordered a MS LR on 12/22/20. 11435 and original delivery was 2/16 to 3/16. I finished all tasks weeks ago and the delivery date disappeared and has only stated "we will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date."
Same with me. I was floored by the post order price increase($). I always thought a “card laid was a played”!. But then I’m new to Tesla methods or the lack of business ethics! They seem to dribbling out S plaids, where are the LRs? I dumped a perfectly good Lexus 460L in anticipation of a expected March delivery. But you can’t fault their communication effortless ness!