Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously? First, Elon has never said he’s on the spectrum and there’s no actual evidence that he is. If he were, it would be amazing if he was open about it and an advocate. Also, if he were, it would be personal. Second, there are zillions of extremely successful people with ASD (it’s not been defined as Asperger’s since 2013) who are incredibly capable, even in social situations or acting. It presents itself in many different ways.

I am just as open to the back and forth on the forum as anyone else, but when it comes to ASD, or other “disorders”, I’d ask the neurotypicals to be a bit more sensitive.
Fair enough, I did not get to watch yet and my wife said Musk opened by saying he’s has Asperger’s. Nevertheless, I don’t think it should be an “even though he has x, he was great” type thing.

I will have to pick up 4-5 hours away (selected Denver, realized I should do Colorado Springs but will see if I can change it when I have more pickup info). I'm going to have to fly to pick it up so hopefully no funny stuff.
When I placed my order, the Tesla website said I am not eligible for home delivery, but when my order was complete, it said I was getting a home delivery. Weird considering it made me pick a Tesla service center for delivery.

On a side note, bad form on Telsa's part to send me an email congratulating me on my MSLR purchase that states "We're looking forward to assisting you in getting behind the wheel as a Tesla Owner!" Looks like they need to update their form letter. :cool:

Meh, my nephew has aspergers and it is really hard for many people with it to socialize, let along be a leader in charge of two of the most transformational companies in the last 50+ years. It is a spectrum, yes, but anyone who knows someone with it could see that a mile away, and explains the way he is about running people into the ground. I give the guy a *sugar* ton of credit for what he's able to do and if you dont think it doesn't take a ton of therapy/practice/treatment of all kinds, you're crazy.

That said - who gives a *sugar*? They make fantastic cars that are better than anything else on the market. If I didn't have my heart set on a Model S at this point, then the only other car I'd consider is a Model 3 or Model Y. Again - cannot be understated what Tesla has already done so far while all the dinosaurs dragged their ass until it got burned.

Finally - on topic - really hoping that early-ish tomorrow we get that damn update on new, more "realistic" timing.

I had the same dilemma so I did exactly what omarsultan said......no trade in / cash. I hope to change both at delivery.
Hi friends, I am new to this forum and, like y’all, am patiently waiting for *any* update from Tesla on my delivery (RN1147 - MS LR, Red with Cream interiors). I received a “Prepare for delivery” text from Tesla this morning. It does not mean much as I still have “-“ for delivery estimate, and no VIN in my profile.

Have any of you received these texts from Tesla? Hoping that they have just recently started sending out these texts as they may be ramping up production 😀!

I had the same dilemma so I did exactly what omarsultan said......no trade in / cash. I hope to change both at delivery.

I definitely did NOT! This is great news!
I have pasted a screenshot of the text I received. FYI, my SA had advised me to complete my profile, including the insurance info (as I live in MD, I just had to provide details of insurance for one of my current cars) and payment option (picked cash).

Attachments

• 88A31619-E75E-4FD6-AE33-1E44DB35A857.png
    88A31619-E75E-4FD6-AE33-1E44DB35A857.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Here’s the text you want to get from Tesla.

“Prepare for delivery https://www.tesla.com/support/delivery-day”

I just got it for my Y that will be delivered Tuesday and got it for my last X.

*sugar* - are you getting an S, X and a Y? lol

Also - that is the text @Electric Magic got for their S...interesting...

*sugar* - are you getting an S, X and a Y? lol

Also - that is the text @Electric Magic got for their S...interesting...
I have an X from March 2016 and replacing with an X refresh if they ever make it. I am also getting a refreshed S for the better half. My wife’s Audi needed an absurd amount of work considering it’s a 2017, dumping that ICE POS, so the Y is to help us suffer through until the S and X are delivered.

Yes, as I’ve said before, it’s a champagne problem. :)

Maybe that text just happens to be spam texting too that lined up with my Y delivery. Certainly could be the case. Not a ton of coordination at “HQ”…

Reactions: T-Racer
I have an X from March 2016 and replacing with an X refresh if they ever make it. I am also getting a refreshed S for the better half. My wife’s Audi needed an absurd amount of work considering it’s a 2017, dumping that ICE POS, so the Y is to help us suffer through until the S and X are delivered.

Yes, as I’ve said before, it’s a champagne problem. :)

Maybe that text just happens to be spam texting too that lined up with my Y delivery. Certainly could be the case. Not a ton of coordination at “HQ”…

So, are you going to hook your boy up with that Y, once the S/X both arrive? ;)

Reactions: elguapo