Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tigers no misinterpretation here. My original post said that there was not much to that text from Tesla in my opinion. I was just curious if others had received a similar text as we are all grappling at straws here for any iota of clue on an update. That all.
I hope all you guys who have been waiting so many months get good news soon! That said, sorry to potentially throw cold water on anyone getting excited because of this text. I ordered mine only last week and I received the same text yesterday 1:00PM eastern and I know there is no way in hell I am seeing mine soon and it still says "Estimated Delivery: August" on my account page. I got excited for about 5 minutes and then common sense set in. Almost like they were f***ing with me. 🤬

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer and elguapo
Any updated Drone flyovers showing cars in the lot? Ready for delivery? Loaded on trucks?
Any evidence production of the cars have even started? Elon said 2000-2500 cars a week once production started, any indication production line is even running?

Last edited:
I hope all you guys who have been waiting so many months get good news soon! That said, sorry to potentially throw cold water on anyone getting excited because of this text. I ordered mine only last week and I received the same text yesterday 1:00PM eastern and I know there is no way in hell I am seeing mine soon and it still says "Estimated Delivery: August" on my account page. I got excited for about 5 minutes and then common sense set in. Almost like they were f***ing with me. 🤬
@JimLL it is interesting to note that both of us in Maryland received this text yesterday. I agree that this text means nothing.

Guessing there will be one uploaded late this afternoon. He's been doing one per week on Monday.
It seems to me that none of the info on the our Tesla Portals or info from SA's mean anything, until we see large amounts of production vehicles in the lot. You can't deliver what is not built. Until I see them producing mass amounts of cars daily none of us are getting cars.

@JimLL it is interesting to note that both of us in Maryland received this text yesterday. I agree that this text means nothing.
I am in MD too and that’s when I got the text as well. So, it likely had nothing to do with my Y delivery tomorrow. I guess it’s more random texts from the Tesla bots. A similar thing happened to TX folks a couple of weeks ago.

It seems to me that none of the info on the our Tesla Portals or info from SA's mean anything, until we see large amounts of production vehicles in the lot. You can't deliver what is not built. Until I see them producing mass amounts of cars daily none of us are getting cars.

I agree, I'm still expecting July - August. I don't see it happening this month for anyone.

I think maybe the next step is the "-" people get an actual date. My theory has been that the folks who ordered pre-refresh were held in a holding pen somewhere since they car they ordered didn't exist yet. Folks that ordered after the announcement went into the system as normal (albeit with meaningless dates). The next logical step wold be to merge the holding pen orders back into the production queue, which would generate real (but probably still meaningless) dates. Just a guess, but it would be a sign of progress.

I think maybe the next step is the "-" people get an actual date. My theory has been that the folks who ordered pre-refresh were held in a holding pen somewhere since they car they ordered didn't exist yet. Folks that ordered after the announcement went into the system as normal (albeit with meaningless dates). The next logical step wold be to merge the holding pen orders back into the production queue, which would generate real (but probably still meaningless) dates. Just a guess, but it would be a sign of progress.

If we get dates, even if they end up missing them, probably a good sign that stuff is moving in the right direction production wise and regardless, we are still getting closer.

I ordered on Friday and was given a September timeframe. I changed the color today and am now back to "-".
When I first placed my order in April the “Estimated Delivery Date” in my profile said 10 to 14 weeks. I then made some design changes (a week later) and since then the EDD has been “-“. So, I guess changing design on an order may be one of the reasons for the EDD to get into the highly-informative “-“ state!