Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So honest curiosity (not looking to pick a fight): if you apply PPF, what is the benefit of applying ceramic coating on top of that. It would seem to that the ceramic coating would not adhere or just flake off over time as the PPF flexes--or is that incorrect?
You can do both. Both have great properties on their own. PPF usually is now self healing and gives you great chip protection so that you don't get rock chips. Ceramic can't do that. PPF however isn't hydrophobic, so you can end up with some nasty water spots etc on PPF.

Ceramic adhears to the PPF just fine. Same adhearment as to paint they say. But it brings all the extra benefits of ceramic like being hydrophobic and reduces the issues with waterspotting.

Then again, what do I know :D

1621879826425.png

This is new.

PPF however isn't hydrophobic, so you can end up with some nasty water spots etc on PPF.
Never had an issue with water spots on PPF in almost 20 years. We have some of the hardest water in the area and car has occasionally been pissed on by sprinklers. I’ve had to use water spot remover on non-PPF surfaces but never on PPF itself.

I am less excited now, my account page is froze and so is the order page. "No chat agents available". Can't order a car if I wanted too.

Monkeys are on banana break?
Used Tesla car site is viewable. Slim pickings. 2018 100D with FSD "only" 88k.

But it is RED.

However, black interior, deal killer for me.

Demand must be strong to sell a 3 YO car for 10k more than a LR.

Used Tesla car site is viewable. Slim pickings. 2018 100D with FSD "only" 88k.

But it is RED.

However, black interior, deal killer for me.

Demand must be strong to sell a 3 YO car for 10k more than a LR.

It is the FSD - it has already increased the value just like Elon stated... :D

View attachment 665682
The 510 area code is Fremont. My SA is 760. Of note, it does not specifically say Model S. Just noticed that.
Crazy stuff today. Like many others, I had dates June 1-30. Saturday it changed to June 21-30. I login today and it says "Get ready for your delivery." I went to the computer to double check and now I see nothing other than the generic screen dlfjed pasted. WTF?
Tesla's website is FUBAR