Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Call Jeannine Adams at the Carlsbad delivery center. 858.692.4853
Thanks, I just spoke to her or someone in the Carlsbad office. She essentially told me that my application was in good shape and that the delivery would take place in June. The June 3rd event will be available through a link on the Tesla website. So in essence I did not learn much but I am really looking forward to my first electric car.

Watching that video, I just noticed the tiny front brake calipers and the even tinier rear brake calipers for the Plaid. It’s a 200 mph car! I’m assuming the regen brakes must be a powerful magnetic stopping force adding to these tiny calipers?

My only other experience with electric vehicles was a 2012 Chevy Volt. The regen brakes slowed the car fairly efficiently, but nothing close to having to slow a 200 mph 5,000 pound beast.

I decided to give my SA a little nudge and remind him that I will be in Houston within a day or two of being told they have a car for me, cash in hand. We'll see if he gives me any info in response. He has been one of the better SAs. He has always been honest about not knowing anything more than we know. He never tried to up sell me and always gave me updates as he had them. Hopefully I hear something back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Watching that video, I just noticed the tiny front brake calipers and the even tinier rear brake calipers for the Plaid. It’s a 200 mph car! I’m assuming the regen brakes must be a powerful magnetic stopping force adding to these tiny calipers?

My only other experience with electric vehicles was a 2012 Chevy Volt. The regen brakes slowed the car fairly efficiently, but nothing close to having to slow a 200 mph 5,000 pound beast.
Do you plan on driving it at or close to 200mph? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. ;) The brake regen on the Teslas are fairly strong and the brakes are Brembro I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong), although I might agree that slotted and/or drilled rotors would've been good and a nice look, but eh, you really don't use your brakes all that much on a good EV with decent brake regen.

G
Typically, the SA is associated with the delivery location you picked. In dense areas like NorCal and SoCal, there may be a team of SAs that cover a number of locations. My suggestion is to call the store nearest your delivery location and see if they can route you to your SA.

Great minds think alike, I am just slower..

Reactions: omarsultan
Thanks, I just spoke to her or someone in the Carlsbad office. She essentially told me that my application was in good shape and that the delivery would take place in June. The June 3rd event will be available through a link on the Tesla website. So in essence I did not learn much but I am really looking forward to my first electric car.

Great! Another website to check several times an hour...

Because people that live paycheck to paycheck actually NEED the incentives in order to consider an EV. People who buy $150K cars will whine about the incentives, but they are going to buy what they want anyhow.
I don't know of anybody, paycheck-to-paycheck or set-for-life, that doesn't want to get a free $10K. Incentives change behavior. Just look at the entire tax code.

Is there a difference in taxes if you purchase FSD prior to delivery or afterwards? I see that if I configure it now as part of the car, then there is a tax on the 10k (i.e. total price of the car increases by around $10,800).
If I purchase it at a later date, will I be taxed on the $10k?

Update: I'm asking about California
Yes, in California I did not have to pay sales tax on the acceleration boost upgrade purchased after delivery. FSD should be the same thing.

Last edited:
Wrong, I was charged with tax on the FSD purchase when I did it on 6/30/20
Purchased after delivery? If so, I wonder why it would be taxed differently than the acceleration boost upgrade. Both are software downloads purchased after the original sale.

Edit:
This was talked about on another board here.
rxlawdude had this to say on the Original post

"This issue has been discussed with the California Board of Equalization. Their position is software delivered over the Internet or over the air where no physical media is delivered is NOT subject to California sales tax. But in the case of Tesla, CBE considers OTA delivered FSD to be an extension of the hardware present in the car, and thus is taxable.

I believe this would make a great test case, as I disagree with CBE's interpretation of very clear black letter law."

Last edited: