Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email looks like a region, maybe only, maybe first and all will follow, identifying a creative way to do virtual orientations.
My guess is it doesn’t signal anything we don’t already know— next week deliveries will start to trickle in to very select customers, my guess is many more thru June (up to 1144x perhaps 1145?), ramped in July and majority into Jul/Aug, back to standard wait times by Sep/Oct. Who knows with all the chip/raw material shortages going on though.

videos of plaid x released

Looks good. Still not sure about the yoke steering wheel....feel like it is going to be a pain for everyday driving. Guess I am going to find out though...

I'm hereby volunteering to be his broker. let the bidding begin :)
1622211416372.png

• Funny
Reactions: petergy and Moose57
Long time lurker, placed a refresh date Plaid order and wanted to mention that I was invited to a Tesla Virtual Orientation on Monday, hopefully a good sign. Email text below:

Hello from Tesla!

You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your new Tesla. As exciting as delivery day is, we understand that you may have some questions, and since we are conducting contactless deliveries at our delivery centers, we are not able to provide an orientation on delivery day.

In lieu of this, we invite you to attend a virtual orientation! While our virtual orientations usually occur on Mondays at 7pm EST, However, This weeks will take place on Tuesday 6/1/21 at 7pm due to the holiday. If for some reason you are unable to attend a virtual orientation the week you receive the email invite, please feel free to join us the following week on our regular Monday schedule. To do so, simply use the same link provided in this email, on whichever Monday you wish to attend.

The Virtual Orientations will consist of a 20-minute presentation to cover everything you need to know about your new Tesla, followed by a brief FAQ, and a Q & A. During the Q & A, you can use the chat feature to ask any questions that you have about your new car. Orientations are held in an online group setting. You can enter the meeting by clicking on the Microsoft Teams link below. This orientation is optional, so you are not required to join to pick up your car.

Please reply YES if you plan to attend the orientation this Tuesday
Then, Simply click the link in below to join our next meeting just before 7pm on Tuesday 6/1/21 (If you cannot make the orientation this Tuesday, please join us on any Monday after at 7pm, by clikcing the same link).

If you should have questions pertaining to your delivery, please use the contact email for your delivery center below:

Devon, PA:
[email protected]

Cherry HIll, NJ:
[email protected]

Springfield, NJ: [email protected]

Paramus, NJ: [email protected]

Princeton, NJ: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you at the Virtual Orientation!

Brian A. Terranova

Operations Advisor
470 W. Lancaster Avenue, Devon, PA 19333
Virtual Orientation Email: [email protected]

Interesting. After 31k posts, a lurker gets the first invite.

Why do I get the feeling we are being monkyed with?

For those getting the invite, please provide order date and car trim details and if you have FSD..

Long time lurker, placed a refresh date Plaid order and wanted to mention that I was invited to a Tesla Virtual Orientation on Monday, hopefully a good sign. Email text below:

Hello from Tesla!

You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your new Tesla. As exciting as delivery day is, we understand that you may have some questions, and since we are conducting contactless deliveries at our delivery centers, we are not able to provide an orientation on delivery day.

In lieu of this, we invite you to attend a virtual orientation! While our virtual orientations usually occur on Mondays at 7pm EST, However, This weeks will take place on Tuesday 6/1/21 at 7pm due to the holiday. If for some reason you are unable to attend a virtual orientation the week you receive the email invite, please feel free to join us the following week on our regular Monday schedule. To do so, simply use the same link provided in this email, on whichever Monday you wish to attend.

The Virtual Orientations will consist of a 20-minute presentation to cover everything you need to know about your new Tesla, followed by a brief FAQ, and a Q & A. During the Q & A, you can use the chat feature to ask any questions that you have about your new car. Orientations are held in an online group setting. You can enter the meeting by clicking on the Microsoft Teams link below. This orientation is optional, so you are not required to join to pick up your car.

Please reply YES if you plan to attend the orientation this Tuesday
Then, Simply click the link in below to join our next meeting just before 7pm on Tuesday 6/1/21 (If you cannot make the orientation this Tuesday, please join us on any Monday after at 7pm, by clikcing the same link).

If you should have questions pertaining to your delivery, please use the contact email for your delivery center below:

Devon, PA: [email protected]

Cherry HIll, NJ: [email protected]

Springfield, NJ: [email protected]

Paramus, NJ: [email protected]

Princeton, NJ: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you at the Virtual Orientation!

Brian A. Terranova

Operations Advisor
470 W. Lancaster Avenue, Devon, PA 19333
Virtual Orientation Email: [email protected]

just spoke to Brian. He said email is random, but driven by certain”timelines.” If you didn’t receive one yet, you will very soon as they can only fit 1000 people into these meetings at a time. Doesn’t mean VINs are necessarily being assigned yet or not, after June 3rd they will have more info.....

not sure if that helped or not. Just figured to share.

Got a call yesterday from Fremont, CA "on a recorded line" telling me that due to my Plaid+ preorder in September being "one of the first", they would like to offer me "priority delivery" before the end of June on a Plaid, if I so wished to change my order, and that if I didn't it would be next year this time that I'd be hearing from them again. I did tell them I'd considered it, but would wait for the +. This was all expected, and not news to anyone who follows this thread, but he did offer to answer some questions, so I asked a few.

Q: What will differentiate the Plaid+ from the Plaid?
A: Mostly range, but also software "track mode", as well as other possible track-tuned items

-which lead to-
Q: I saw a spy shot of a Model S with an active spoiler being track tested, will this be on both the Plaid and Plaid+?
A: I saw that too, I'm pretty confident it won't be on the Plaid when first released.

Q: Any further insight into what to expect?
A: Honestly, they tell us after they release information to the public, and there's been a few times we've heard about something new from a customer.

So, where it was nice to be offered a priority slot, in the end it seems like Tesla is just trying to actively combat the Osbourne Effect. Since I'm enjoying my Model S now, I'll just live vicariously through you lot while I wait another 12 months for mine... My wife is going to get a MY LR though, so that should tide me over with the "new car feel" for a little while haha.