Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. After 31k posts, a lurker gets the first invite.

Why do I get the feeling we are being monkyed with?

For those getting the invite, please provide order date and car trim details and if you have FSD..
Lol prior model S owner, placed plaid plus order day 1, placed plaid order mid-March, and then a new Plaid order and I haven’t received any email, phone calls, Nada.. not even checking to make sure I’m still alive ha 😎

Got a call yesterday from Fremont, CA "on a recorded line" telling me that due to my Plaid+ preorder in September being "one of the first", they would like to offer me "priority delivery" before the end of June on a Plaid, if I so wished to change my order, and that if I didn't it would be next year this time that I'd be hearing from them again. I did tell them I'd considered it, but would wait for the +. This was all expected, and not news to anyone who follows this thread, but he did offer to answer some questions, so I asked a few.

Q: What will differentiate the Plaid+ from the Plaid?
A: Mostly range, but also software "track mode", as well as other possible track-tuned items

-which lead to-
Q: I saw a spy shot of a Model S with an active spoiler being track tested, will this be on both the Plaid and Plaid+?
A: I saw that too, I'm pretty confident it won't be on the Plaid when first released.

Q: Any further insight into what to expect?
A: Honestly, they tell us after they release information to the public, and there's been a few times we've heard about something new from a customer.

So, where it was nice to be offered a priority slot, in the end it seems like Tesla is just trying to actively combat the Osbourne Effect. Since I'm enjoying my Model S now, I'll just live vicariously through you lot while I wait another 12 months for mine... My wife is going to get a MY LR though, so that should tide me over with the "new car feel" for a little while haha.
Good info 👍 and another reminder how stupid I was to cancel my plaid plus order ugh 🙈

Cannot remove FSD date went back to June for me.
1622213306459.png

Scrolling through the Tesla page out of boredom, I was reminded of why people in marketing are despicable.

I was trying to directly compare power of the MS, MS Plaid, and the M3 Performance. This is not easy to do, thanks to the great folks in the field of marketing.

The options section for ordering a MS shows the HP for the Plaid, but not the MS. The overview section shows the HP for both, but when you use the compare function, you cannot find the HP for the M3 Performance.

The Plaid uses rollout for the 2.0 sec 0-60, but not the MS for 3.1.

The M3 uses rollout for its 3.1, and it has a faster top speed than the MS.

So, no HP for the M3 and no rollout for the MS. Marketing has successfully muddled the waters of consumer choice.

Now don't get me started on comparing TV specs...

Long time lurker, placed a refresh date Plaid order and wanted to mention that I was invited to a Tesla Virtual Orientation on Monday, hopefully a good sign. Email text below:

Hello from Tesla!

You are receiving this message because you are soon picking up your new Tesla. As exciting as delivery day is, we understand that you may have some questions, and since we are conducting contactless deliveries at our delivery centers, we are not able to provide an orientation on delivery day.

In lieu of this, we invite you to attend a virtual orientation! While our virtual orientations usually occur on Mondays at 7pm EST, However, This weeks will take place on Tuesday 6/1/21 at 7pm due to the holiday. If for some reason you are unable to attend a virtual orientation the week you receive the email invite, please feel free to join us the following week on our regular Monday schedule. To do so, simply use the same link provided in this email, on whichever Monday you wish to attend.

The Virtual Orientations will consist of a 20-minute presentation to cover everything you need to know about your new Tesla, followed by a brief FAQ, and a Q & A. During the Q & A, you can use the chat feature to ask any questions that you have about your new car. Orientations are held in an online group setting. You can enter the meeting by clicking on the Microsoft Teams link below. This orientation is optional, so you are not required to join to pick up your car.

Please reply YES if you plan to attend the orientation this Tuesday
Then, Simply click the link in below to join our next meeting just before 7pm on Tuesday 6/1/21 (If you cannot make the orientation this Tuesday, please join us on any Monday after at 7pm, by clikcing the same link).

If you should have questions pertaining to your delivery, please use the contact email for your delivery center below:

Devon, PA: [email protected]

Cherry HIll, NJ: [email protected]

Springfield, NJ: [email protected]

Paramus, NJ: [email protected]

Princeton, NJ: [email protected]

We look forward to seeing you at the Virtual Orientation!

Brian A. Terranova

Operations Advisor
470 W. Lancaster Avenue, Devon, PA 19333
Virtual Orientation Email: [email protected]
With the grammar issues I would normally toss this as a phishing attempt but this is Tesla with no PR/Marketing department to vet anything.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Scrolling through the Tesla page out of boredom, I was reminded of why people in marketing are despicable.

I was trying to directly compare power of the MS, MS Plaid, and the M3 Performance. This is not easy to do, thanks to the great folks in the field of marketing.

The options section for ordering a MS shows the HP for the Plaid, but not the MS. The overview section shows the HP for both, but when you use the compare function, you cannot find the HP for the M3 Performance.

The Plaid uses rollout for the 2.0 sec 0-60, but not the MS for 3.1.

The M3 uses rollout for its 3.1, and it has a faster top speed than the MS.

So, no HP for the M3 and no rollout for the MS. Marketing has successfully muddled the waters of consumer choice.

Now don't get me started on comparing TV specs...
I can try to help clear up some of the confusion. The Plaid will be fastest, then the MS LR, and then Model 3P. 🍻😬

Just was curious, is this how they always showed the pricing detail of the MS by separating the base price and LR version? This is located in completed task section under pricing details. Maybe I never noticed before.

View attachment 667240
Yep. That’s how mine has looked from Day One, even tho I never had the option to delete LR capability.

Just was curious, is this how they always showed the pricing detail of the MS by separating the base price and LR version? This is located in completed task section under pricing details. Maybe I never noticed before.

View attachment 667240
Love how they list the "Model S" at $64k like there's a "Model S" standard you can order. More silliness from the silliest company I can find at the moment.