Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, here’s my conversation today with a local SA...

Plaids are going to be a priority in June. LRs will start shipping once that backlog is filled. Got the impression if I ordered a plaid today it would be delivered before anyone got a LR.

The previous thing I was told about EOQ deliveries to Los Angeles was incorrect. Once the Plaids are filled, LRs will ship out nationwide including CA, possibly as early as July, so having a Jan LR order I MIGHT get my car in July or August, certainly won’t wait until September as told before unless there are unforeseen circumstances that delay all LRs.

There was no pressure to convert to a Plaid to get my car sooner. Apparently those conversations are to move the Plaid+ people up a year.

But by that logic, why would they need to push Plaid+ folks up a year? That must mean they have more Plaids than reservations and that the backlog isn't that steep.

Not questioning you, moreso just Tesla's logic (but, as I've been seeing, that's a fool's errand)

With that resurfaced test track I hope they demonstrate the Plaids ability to consistently achieve back to back 1/4 runs or at least 0-60 launches. Hopefully people won't have to warm up the battery and wait a few minutes before launching in Plaid mode as well. Big thanks to @gabeincal for keeping our hopes up (or down) with those awesome flyover videos. Best video so far was from March 6th of this beauty :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 5.01.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 5.01.59 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Reactions: sflgator

Plaids are going to be a priority in June. LRs will start shipping once that backlog is filled. Got the impression if I ordered a plaid today it would be delivered before anyone got a LR.

The previous thing I was told about EOQ deliveries to Los Angeles was incorrect. Once the Plaids are filled, LRs will ship out nationwide including CA, possibly as early as July, so having a Jan LR order I MIGHT get my car in July or August, certainly won’t wait until September as told before unless there are unforeseen circumstances that delay all LRs.

There was no pressure to convert to a Plaid to get my car sooner. Apparently those conversations are to move the Plaid+ people up a year.
If orders get pushed to September/November, I wonder how many people will just cancel and wait for the next model year upgrades. Buying a car that will receive improvements in less than 3 months might be a factor to some.

Reactions: baldwin and GrnSqrl
If orders get pushed to September/November, I wonder how many people will just cancel and wait for the next model year upgrades. Buying a car that will receive improvements in less than 3 months might be a factor to some.

Tesla doesn’t do this, they introduce new features into production continuously, there’s no cutoff date for the next model year.

And we all missed the @AnselmDante vs. @sflgator battle royale. 😀
No worries. I saw his delusional comments replying back to you.

It’s funny how he keeps digging at me (and I’m thrilled he put me on his “ignore list” — thank God 🙏🏻 but waiting until he just finds someone else to dig at…it’s only a matter of time).

The Jester appears to be like a jealous teenager, lashing out at those who either have worked harder than he has to get further and/or are simply more fortunate than he in life. But, everything happens for a reason, so…

It’s a shame b/c although I’m a big sports car enthusiast, I really try to keep my ego and material possessions out of the equation but my experiences with cars over the years may be quite different than others. I have to say I’ve enjoyed just about every vehicle I’ve driven (with the exception of a few) in all the years. I’ve modified several vehicles In the past and raced many of them just for fun. My last vehicle (which won’t be named here since I may have to chug a craft beer for just mentioning the brand & model, lol…although I have a few decent craft beers in the garage fridge so that wouldn’t be so bad) was my first EV. So this Tesla MS Plaid will be my 2nd EV owned but my first Tesla. So we’ll see how it all goes; I’m not brand loyal to anything and I enjoy trying new cars from different brands.

Everyone is on their own path in life. The Jester is on his own path and hopefully he learns a few more things about life and interacting with people whether in person or behind a computer online with people he really doesn't know, just writing words to each other. Either way, there’s really no reason to argue like children or bash and criticize like bullies. I truly hope that this 49 year old man, Jester grows up a little bit but in the end, his issues are not my problem. BTW - no change on my Tesla account…still no expected delivery, so still thinking July or Aug for me. Cheers everyone! 😎

Reactions: bmt00
Let's play a game... You win if you post on this thread when:

1-Your delivery estimate is updated
2-You got a VIN
3-Someone at Tesla has given you knowledge that we do not as a group already know (unlikely)
4-Gabe posts another video and you're adding the link

If not one of the above 4 things, you LOSE and are ejected from the thread. Good luck 😃

Let's play a game... You win if you post on this thread when:

1-Your delivery estimate is updated
2-You got a VIN
3-Someone at Tesla has given you knowledge that we do not as a group already know (unlikely)
4-Gabe posts another video and you're adding the link

If not one of the above 4 things, you LOOSE and are ejected from the thread. Good luck 😃

I can tell you their main page up at the top has changed a bit from an hour ago, what do I win? The account buttons and stuff on the top right are different.

…..My SA said….. I’ll eat my hat if this is true. Don’t believe it myself

D0A1ED0A-F7F8-4E5A-B264-B2EBCB16001D.jpeg

But by that logic, why would they need to push Plaid+ folks up a year? That must mean they have more Plaids than reservations and that the backlog isn't that steep.

Not questioning you, moreso just Tesla's logic (but, as I've been seeing, that's a fool's errand)
No, there could be a lot of things going on. First off, for certain they won’t be selling any Plaid+ models for at least a year, so if they can get those buyers in a 2021 Plaid they are pulling revenue forward. Also, Plaid has no serious competition, Plaid+ might by the time it arrives, so a bird in the hand vs. two in the bush. Lucid and others will have products out and those Plaid+ orders might fade away.

I would doubt they produced more Plaids than they have reservations for. At this point they appear to be building to order, even if they have a few additional they can send them out as demos to the retail stores. Anything more than that you’d think they’d be trying to convert LR orders to Plaid and no one here has mentioned they’ve been asked to do so.

Some buyers play the long game. There may not be improvements for 2022 but it could be worth thousands more at trade-in time.

Most other car companies address this with discounts on 2021 models in the fall. Tesla, of course, is different.

Reactions: Neon001