Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, assuming everything comes together in the next couple of days (i.e. I get a VIN and it's attached to an actual car), how about 5 or 6pm PT on Friday for a Zoom call or would you prefer the weekend. I can do anything after noon PT, but figure folks need to work and stuff.
In addition to your reviews, thoughts and info about all the features in the new UI and lots of other things including the new yoke steering wheel and performance, perhaps if it's not already discussed by Elon and company, please ask about the red brake calipers on Thursday. I'm sure you'll get them on your Plaid but what's the deal with others who may take delivery in July or Aug but put orders in months ago (with red brake calipers)? I'm still finding this little possible change something that's either just a mistake on the website or if true, absolutely stupid! Perhaps we can all put this issue to rest on Thursday evening. ;)

Wow ‘June’ is back 🤩🥂.. fingers crossed it sticks 🌝

Attachments

• E547D3C4-86B7-4B2C-83B0-09EE1881AF24.png
    E547D3C4-86B7-4B2C-83B0-09EE1881AF24.png
    525.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 459F2766-2B8E-4FBE-9970-DE96967D43D4.png
    459F2766-2B8E-4FBE-9970-DE96967D43D4.png
    527.8 KB · Views: 60
Plaid/Red/CF/Cream/tempest. was June then blank about 5 days ago. 5/27 order.

Just got a text from Tesla, Alexa, asking me to upload my title (front/back) or else it will risk delays in delivery. i asked her if i can get a re-evaluation on trade in, she checked and said i should accept it as the re-eval would be lower than what they already offered for my Model 3.
i asked if she had a delivery date, and she said not at this time.
my original expiration of the trade-in offer was 6/28, then about a week ago, it moved to 7/1 expiration.
I just also added FSD (I'm an idiot) as I did want it since I recently used summon to come get me at the door of a restaurant during a downpour, super convenient, and looked like a dorky bad-ass.

Where did you hear that? I'm more than fine with that if it's true.

My estimated delivery date was August last night and today it says July. I'm slightly encouraged, but not holding my breath.
I haven’t heard this and also have a July delivery date after switching my Plaid+ to a limbic Plaid.

I never saw FSD for $8K. When I added it on my original build, it was $10K. The current buyers order still shows $10K.
I had $8K on my Plaid+ order, but when converting it to Plaid, that changed to $10K. I believe any design edits always reset your pricing on all components to the current price.

I find that surprising. I just placed my order yesterday, and am also told October.
TMC needs a 😱 reaction because this is just 😱!

Plaid/Red/CF/Cream/tempest. was June then blank about 5 days ago. 5/27 order.

Just got a text from Tesla, Alexa, asking me to upload my title (front/back) or else it will risk delays in delivery. i asked her if i can get a re-evaluation on trade in, she checked and said i should accept it as the re-eval would be lower than what they already offered for my Model 3.
i asked if she had a delivery date, and she said not at this time.
my original expiration of the trade-in offer was 6/28, then about a week ago, it moved to 7/1 expiration.
I just also added FSD (I'm an idiot) as I did want it since I recently used summon to come get me at the door of a restaurant during a downpour, super convenient, and looked like a dorky bad-ass.
I didn’t realize we need FSD for that summon feature.

Early orders Plaid + (ie those who got screwed) had FSD priced at $8k. It’s on the moot details for my reservation that was placed on Battery Day (9/22).
I just swapped over to a Plaid to lock in a price and the SA said they will honor the $8k FSD from my battery day order. Holding Breath now. I'll let you know what I see.

So when the monkey is on break I think they switch to a random walk algorithm for deliveries. The definition is perfect.. a random walk is the process by which randomly moving objects (ie our delivery dates) wander away from where they started (in my case March to Blank). A random walk cannot be predicted on the basis of past history. Now, clearly there are inputs that can help predict a random walk which the brightest minds in math didn’t realize, adding a Plaid order to an existing LR order seems to be one, going wood rather than carbon fiber, selecting FSD, not choosing white interior, and choosing dark colors over red (sorry @Tigers) but I will continue to enjoy this random walk and I look forward to living vicariously through @omarsultans delivery and updates later this week. On the recent flyovers, anybody feel it’s a bit like that game where you have to guess which cup the ball is under, just move a constant number of cars around the Fremont factory and now a random offsite parking lot and keep us all guessing on what it may, or may not, mean for our deliveries...good luck all, looking forward to hearing of deliveries picking up here. Still believe these cars, both LR and Plaid, are gonna be great.

Reactions: Drew-MS