Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gents, how much of a loss do you think I will take reselling my 5 day old Model 3 LR? or should I just keep the M3 and sit on my Plaid reservation for a few months and see what comes of the potential track package (red calipers šŸ¤£) etc.
Iā€™d hang on to the M3 for at least a few months. Just trade it in Dec or Jan for a 2022.. Hopefully youā€™re enjoying the M3 which is a fun car šŸ‘.

Reactions: josahua
Well, I have a Plaid+ (February order) on order but no one ever asked me to flip it to a Plaid (Canada). I also ordered the same spec Plaid when I found out we might get a luxury tax next year adding 20k to the price. Plaid delivery is August. I wonder if they will move me up and flip my Plaid+? Price on the Canadian site is still the same? No 10k increase yet.

Reactions: HumanInput
This is screwed up, but - I was playing with the Plaid configurator earlier (because I was looking at the trim delivery timelines, sheesh!)

And, anyway - the price at the time was $10k less and I hit "order now" and it held the price at $120k...should I go ahead and put a deposit down? gimme a thumbs up for yes or a laughy for no.
I thought you already did. A few days ago you were talking about your theory on the 4680's and said you were going to put a deposit down on a Plaid just in case something groundbreaking was announced tomorrow night. What are you waiting for?

Wow any thoughts on whether our price is locked in ?
Yes, It is! My price is locked in right here on the MVOA

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.46.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 7.46.18 PM.png

I thought you already did. A few days ago you were talking about your theory on the 4680's and said you were going to put a deposit down on a Plaid just in case something groundbreaking was announced tomorrow night. What are you waiting for?

No - I was waiting for them to announce it. I didn't think they'd actually raise prices the night before (I thought they'd do it the day or two after).

I'm still holding hope that the LR has the 4680s and 450 miles of range...

I tried to submit the order, just getting errors. :mad:

Attachments

• Screenshot_27.png
    Screenshot_27.png
    211 KB · Views: 60
  • Informative
No - I was waiting for them to announce it. I didn't think they'd actually raise prices the night before (I thought they'd do it the day or two after).

I'm still holding hope that the LR has the 4680s and 450 miles of range...

I tried to submit the order, just getting errors. :mad:
You didnā€™t want to risk the $100? Damn, thought you had a chance with it showing the old price for you šŸ˜µ

This is screwed up, but - I was playing with the Plaid configurator earlier (because I was looking at the trim delivery timelines, sheesh!)

And, anyway - the price at the time was $10k less and I hit "order now" and it held the price at $120k...should I go ahead and put a deposit down? gimme a thumbs up for yes or a laughy for no.

Helll yeah !
I think previous Tesla owners on here are saying yes, weā€™re locked in at what our order contracts and accounts say for the prices. šŸ™šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜Ž
So I looked at my account. I have good news and bad news:
Good news is my agreement hasnā€™t gone up by $10k šŸ˜šŸ„‚šŸ˜
Bad news is my June date disappeared šŸ™ˆšŸ™šŸ¤¬

I love how my only true friend here is @Hayseed_MS, who didn't encourage me to spend an extra $40K on a car.

BTW - have I told you guys how absolutely disappointed I am that we aren't going to make it to 2,000 pages before Omar gets his car?

Also @Hayseed_MS - Texas factory opens supposedly October/November with 4680 cells in Model Y (confirmed by Musk like 2 weeks ago). There's probably <~5K orders for Model S Plaid right now - I personally believe that they have the stash for it already.

Last edited:
I forget who lived near the Devon, PA facility? Would you be able to take a swing by anytime soon? My financial advisor said itā€™s ā€œloadedā€ with vehicles. He doesnā€™t know what an MS is though. šŸ˜€. Long shot that there are any MS there but thought Iā€™d pass the info on.
I was there today. Mostly Ys then 3s. Nothing else.

If the Plaid does have the 4680 cells, Iā€™ll be blown away šŸ¤© It would take away all the disappointment from the Plaid+ because youā€™re getting so many of the benefits for $15-20K less!

Itā€™s that last part that makes me think the increase isnā€™t delivering as many wins as folks had hoped for. Tesla is cutting back on carbon fiber diffusers, red calipers, and who knows what else in these cars. Everything is trending towards getting a little less. The price increase could be related to seats, suspension, brakes, or other things that could be Plaid/Plaid+ specific and ready to go, but I donā€™t see how the 4680s could be production ready and included in the delivery event tomorrow.

Sorry folks, I wish it were true, but we know how much BS is surrounding this MS šŸ¤„

Tesla is not going to throw 18650 supply away. If (that's a big IF) 4680 is used then Plaid gets 4680 and LR gets 18650
I agree. I think the 4680's might have been necessary for the extra power required for the 3rd motor. Seems like the 18650's were possibly overheating under the added load. We all know the 18650's work great in the LR car.