Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still skeptical of 4680 but I absolutely believe they were able to increase the range with the new chemistry on the batteries. We will find out soon!

Maybe, it's strange though if they apply that range increase to the Plaid, but not the "long-range" version as well. Will see...
If that was the case I would have expected both to go up $10K, still competitive with Lucid at that point in pricing.

There has to be something otherwise getting up there and talking about the same specs on the website aren't going to make people go crazy to order (who haven't already).

It has to be, they got the plaid closer to it's originally advertised specs maybe not all the way but "good enough" and left some meat on the bone for roadster.

"...they got the plaid closer to it's originally advertised specs maybe not all the way but "good enough""

I hope so, still a little stung from the Plaid+ (originally advertised specs) cancellation. This is definitely intriguing.

Reactions: HumanInput
Elon states thatvm this Plaid is just that good, he could be raising prices just to bring the Plaids performance closer to market value. If the Plaid is that good inside and has the performance they have already stated, it is worth the new price and Tesla is realizing this one. They are capitalizing on those that do not follow the forums and will see all this and be wowwed tomorrow.

Expect LR to increase soon also.

There has to be something otherwise getting up there and talking about the same specs on the website aren't going to make people go crazy to order (who haven't already).

It has to be, they got the plaid closer to it's originally advertised specs maybe not all the way but "good enough" and left some meat on the bone for roadster.
Personally, I don’t think Tesla is secretly withholding selling points about the Plaid. That is not a logical business practice. But we will see.

Reactions: AMPd
I suspect it’s just to find a middle ground between plaid and plaid+. It’s not the “best value” Model S when it was at 120k so does 130k change that at all? No. You want 1000hp? You’ll pay whatever we want to sell it to you for lol. They know people dropping 6 figures on a car aren’t as price sensitive and will tolerate increases.

The other thought is that the number of existing plaid orders is small enough that only a handful of people would even notice the price change. It’ll have always been 130k to most people who become aware of the plaid.

I really do hope they honor the existing orders. They did on my MYP that went up 1k.

After it comes and goes the first 5 times, you learn to ignore it.
When I checked last night, I was ecstatic to see my June date was back after 10 days of blank. To stay in this positive mindset and to prevent myself from potentially being harmful to those around me, I’m not checking my account for a few days lol 🙃.

Plaid just got a $10k bump
Finally, something to cater to us Plaid+ folks! Everyone knows we don’t want the car unless it gets a $10k bump in price 🤗

In all seriousness, this is very intriguing and makes me go from wanting to watch tomorrow’s announcement on Friday morning to wanting to tune in live and see what the fuss is about!

Also hoping for the “benefits” of the increase to impact all orders and stick with my July ESD 🤞

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer and croman
I find it difficult to believe they would increase the cost for existing orders. If that’s the case, then I would simply drop my $10k order for the FSD option to keep my price the same…makes no sense. BUT, it certainly does make sense for them to increase the cost of the Plaid by $10k for any new orders starting now and moving forward, especially now that there is no “Plaid+” (at this time anyway…next year may be a different story?). Personally, if they honor our prices (which again they should legally and honorably), then the price increase only helps people like us offset the fact that our vehicles will still be 2021 model year vehicles while pretty much all other auto brands are almost ready to begin selling their 2022 models in just a few months.

Another $10k if you want red brake calipers.

Personally, I don’t think Tesla is secretly withholding selling points about the Plaid. That is not a logical business practice. But we will see.

Do you remember the Model 3 and Model Y reveals? I believe they said "250 miles" was the minimum target and then delivered with 300. For Model Y, they said "300 miles" and delivered with 326.

So it wouldn't be unusual.