Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kids... there is no way even in Elon’s imagination that the 4680 batteries are in production. Elon said in January that they are at least several machine versions away from stable manufacturing. Then they have to increase the yield, test safety, and build and test the new structural battery pack. This will take at least a year if not more IMO. The range hasn’t changed yet, so the same S batteries will be in your pack. No word on Semi and CT production timeline, which may suggest delays in 4680 that they counted on for these high energy vehicles.

Yep. Sometimes the price goes up because the price goes up ;-) and Tesla just wants to make more $$$. It needs it as it isn't that profitable yet selling cars without carbon credits.

Kids... there is no way even in Elon’s imagination that the 4680 batteries are in production. Elon said in January that they are at least several machine versions away from stable manufacturing. Then they have to increase the yield, test safety, and build and test the new structural battery pack. This will take at least a year if not more IMO. The range hasn’t changed yet, so the same S batteries will be in your pack. No word on Semi and CT production timeline, which may suggest delays in 4680 that they counted on for these high energy vehicles.
Why did you need to go and ruin our collective daydream?

Just got “the final details” on the event tomorrow.

Attachments

• 870F9C03-ED91-4928-A625-142F09EE3C19.jpeg
    870F9C03-ED91-4928-A625-142F09EE3C19.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 88
BTW - I've shared this before, but if you are bored...here's how the Model 3 unveiling/first delivery event went. It was only 15 minutes. Expect no more than 30 minutes of Elon stumbling through the slides tomorrow (dont think he likes to do this *sugar* LOL).

Dude just broke up with Amber Heard at that time, cut him some slack

Dude just broke up with Amber Heard at that time, cut him some slack

Haha "broke up"!

But in all seriousness - I'm watching the Model Y one now - he did a lot better job staying on track with the slides for both the 3/Y vs the cybertruck, where he clearly saw the presentation once on his jet before getting on stage lol.

I personally prefer that he just says whatever he wants to say vs reading the teleprompter. I watched the Mustang Mach E reveal and that was SO awkward with Bill Ford and a celeb trying to read an awkward teleprompter but pretend like they were having a casual conversation.

Yep. Sometimes the price goes up because the price goes up ;-) and Tesla just wants to make more $$$. It needs it as it isn't that profitable yet selling cars without carbon credits.

This...I expect no compelling reasons besides 1) The fact that costs have gone up, and 2) Because of demand due to the delays, they can get away with raising prices...

Reactions: HumanInput
My case- Delivery date still says June rather than specific window. Price still the same.

I think they increased price because now that there is no plaid plus- people will pay whatever they ask. I certainly hope they announce some surprises but I won’t hold my breath for that. I for sure don’t think new battery pack is coming so soon. Based on his own statements, there is a lot of work to be done to get that ready to go. With no red calipers, not much to differentiate the 2 cars- I hope it’s more than just speed/power to justify now extra 50K for new orders.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t think there is a difference. My Model S was parked right next to a refreshed mule at a supercharger a couple of months ago and they looked exactly the same width. Not sure if the eye would see a difference if it was an inch or less, so it’s hard to say definitively.
I think a 1/2” of extra flare on each fender would be noticeable. It’s not like they could add an inch down the midline. I agree, no sheet metal difference. Wider stance with the wheels, yes.

I find it interesting that there are only about two confirmed VINs less than 24 hrs before delivery.

Even if only 5% of the new owners to be are posting here, seems like a maybe only a few dozen will be delivered.

Only 30 were delivered at the model 3 event. I expect similar here. Not to mention the website and SAs were telling people June for deliveries of the Plaid, I don't think there are that many orders right now (because of the +).

Unless @gabeincal videos show us differently over the next couple of weeks, still think this is going to be a very slow waiting game. The first deliveries are for PR and marketing.