Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news LR folks.

My delivery date just got pushed to “July” this morning after staying at “June” for a while.

I think I’m probably one of the first in line for the LR.

[Pre refresh order, RN1143, Picking up from Fremont]
Sorry to hear, however July is literally right around the corner. Actually there a few of us that are RN1141. My June date is still holding. Los Angeles.

Here’s a look at a Plaid making a 9.23 at 152mph 1/4 mile run. This is from the same Jay Leno’s Garage segment but with a pro Tesla driver, Still hoping to see 155mph like we see on the website. 👀

Also hoping 155 mph is legit. It probably is. The quarter mile trap speed is the number for me that translates to highway fun. :)

Unsurprisingly Randy wants a regular wheel. Same thing I said every time the yoke was shown, it’s not safe for performance driving with regular steering ratios.

View attachment 672737
Interesting they changed the wheel instead of adding an attachment. Hopefully Unplugged Performance comes up with a solution in the next few months (besides changing out the wheel.)

Reactions: sflgator
Fair enough but he said for Pikes Peak which is above and beyond the type of driving most of us will ever do.
Probably because he doesn’t want to launch off a cliff looking for a wheel that’s not there in an emergency. Someone is going to end up in an accident doing the same in an emergency situation on the street. Also if they’re going to market it for any kind of track driving besides a drag strip it won’t be good but it seems once again drag is their main target here, I suspect the cooling system isn’t as beefy as they claim since there’s no Track Mode.

Interesting they changed the wheel instead of adding an attachment. Hopefully Unplugged Performance comes up with a solution in the next few months (besides changing out the wheel.)
Wheel takes 10 minutes to swap, no one is going to trust their lives/car to a janky addon.

Unsurprisingly Randy wants a regular wheel. Same thing I said every time the yoke was shown, it’s not safe for performance driving with regular steering ratios.

View attachment 672737

The car looks gutted. Any way, love seeing the EVs take track performance seriously. Hopefully Tesla can figure out a way to shave a few hundred pounds off our car in time.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS
Sadly, that's not the case. It still requires battery heating which sucks. It would've been insanely cool if it didn't require warm up but it does. That's why I wanna know 0-60 without Plaid mode.
Well the difference wasn’t significant in my car comparing when the battery wasn’t fully heated to when it was. Seat of the pants was similiar.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Elixir