Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn’t you think if we are getting plaids Bedford end of June they would have to realistically assign VINs like first thing this week…that leaves about 2 weeks left in June then. If they don’t assign VINs in the beginning of this week, I think we are looking at July then.

Reactions: TNGuy99 and Drew-MS
Yea I figured a .1 or so. And more of a dramatic impact in the 1/4. Without the roll-out I think our expectation should be 2.2s 0-60. I am more interested in the quarter mile number frankly, but I like when we can see the cars meeting their advertised spec.
Apparently Jay Leno his first run had 3 people in the car and was still able to get 9.5 at 150mph in the 1/4

After being jerked around for six months and deciding I may not be able to live with a yoke, I decided to take a little trip down to Porsche to test drive the Tacyan 4s. Sadly, my friends, I can verify that nothing comes even close to the MS. Even my original 2012 MS was breathtaking to accelerate, corner and handle. The Porsche, a supposed sports car, felt downright sluggish compared to the MS. Heck, my just-sold MX felt quicker and more agile.

At first, I thought it was because I wasn't in Sport or Sport+ mode. So, I kicked those on and noticed the car making a faux engine noise (silly), and, at one point, I saw a message telling me that HVAC was being shut off to preserve performance. Yes, you read that right. And, it's 93 degrees where I am. This was their 130k trim level. To get closer to the MS, you go way up in $ from there.

Ummmm, no thanks.

It's like the Tesla Gods are taunting me: "I told you you would never love anyone like you loved me. Don't try that again...."

Has anyone considered because they had battery safety kinks that they are purposely limiting the battery via software right now until those are fully figured out? Thus, the battery is a bit larger than what they are letting people use today?

Maybe they are adding some optimizations to the cooling system or who knows. They are being really weird about it.
This could also explain why 0-60 times are 2.7. Hopefully a SU will decrease that time.

Apparently Jay Leno his first run had 3 people in the car and was still able to get 9.5 at 150mph in the 1/4
I’ve watched all the videos posted the past couple days on YouTube. The car looks crazy fast in the ‘first ride’ videos. However, there’s 1 video posted of someone driving alone in the car and the acceleration seemed even more crazy. Maybe it was just my imagination but impressive either way.
I just realized I replied to myself ha

Unsurprisingly Randy wants a regular wheel. Same thing I said every time the yoke was shown, it’s not safe for performance driving with regular steering ratios.

View attachment 672737
Glad to see that yoke can be easily replaced with regular wheel. I would like to have that option. It would be nice to try the yoke (I am open minded) but have the option to choose regular wheel.

Reactions: Drew-MS and GrnSqrl
After being jerked around for six months and deciding I may not be able to live with a yoke, I decided to take a little trip down to Porsche to test drive the Tacyan 4s. Sadly, my friends, I can verify that nothing comes even close to the MS. Even my original 2012 MS was breathtaking to accelerate, corner and handle. The Porsche, a supposed sports car, felt downright sluggish compared to the MS. Heck, my just-sold MX felt quicker and more agile.

At first, I thought it was because I wasn't in Sport or Sport+ mode. So, I kicked those on and noticed the car making a faux engine noise (silly), and, at one point, I saw a message telling me that HVAC was being shut off to preserve performance. Yes, you read that right. And, it's 93 degrees where I am. This was their 130k trim level. To get closer to the MS, you go way up in $ from there.

Ummmm, no thanks.

It's like the Tesla Gods are taunting me: "I told you you would never love anyone like you loved me. Don't try that again...."
I did the same and came out totally unimpressed. They had $220k version but would not let me try it. I wonder why.

So we clearly see that a few extra people that Jay had slowed home down almost .3 seconds. Not skill based, timing not triggered by the lights and just pin the pedal and let the computers figure out the rest. Amazing how folks are obsessing around the 2.7 sec 0-60. Car had multiple people, unknown state of charge, unknown battery prep condition AND a green track. Remember they just resurfaced it and asphalt can really oil up if heated for the first few months. I know folks are stressed with all the uncertainty around getting their cars but you are going to give yourself an ulcer.

Interesting they changed the wheel instead of adding an attachment. Hopefully Unplugged Performance comes up with a solution in the next few months (besides changing out the wheel.)
TSportline has a pretty extensive steering wheel offering for the Model S. The steering wheels are quite expensive, but they give you a $650 core credit when you return your factory wheel. I’m sure they will offer something for the refresh in the next few months.

Model S Steering Wheels

Glad to see that yoke can be easily replaced with regular wheel. I would like to have that option. It would be nice to try the yoke (I am open minded) but have the option to choose regular wheel.
Sure okay, BUT what about all those buttons & functions on the new yoke steering wheel? If you swap out the steering wheel (not a Tesla steering wheel that can somehow match up all the buttons & functions), wouldn't that basically not allow you to do anything (or less functions, like the L & R blinkers for example) from a different steering wheel? I would say that Tesla has to be the one to give new owners the option of a different, round Tesla steering wheel with ALL the functions as seen on the yoke steering wheel, correct?

Reactions: omarsultan
TSportline has a pretty extensive steering wheel offering for the Model S. The steering wheels are quite expensive, but they give you a $650 core credit when you return your factory wheel. I’m sure they will offer something for the refresh in the next few months.

Model S Steering Wheels
I’ll put my order in now and get it before the car arrives.

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc