Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might as well just say "do not tint your windows". But even at 70%, it rejects heat. But there is no other benefit.
Yup. Just looked up the medical exemption. Even if I get a doctor to sign and notarize the form, the DMV then determines how much tint they will allow. This state has the dumbest residents in the country. Just moved here a few years ago and I am still finding new stupid laws to protect the stupid people all the time. For instance, we can't use the auto fill function on gas pumps. State law has the metal tabs removed from all the pumps. SOooo much fun having to hold the gas pump for a few minutes in freezing temps, because the state has determined the auto fill function of the handle is too dangerous..

Tesla texted me with good news and stated car is scheduled to be early and asked if I could pick it up on the 30th? I had plans but said sure. She said that it would be ready as early as the 29th and I said that works better. So now delivery is Tuesday. She stated the car's birthdate was June 8th which I am ok.
Thank you for the update. Thank you for not ending a sentence with a preposition.

Can confirm - Westchase is not Downtown Houston. It is more like South Memorial / Memorial City. The pin is Westchase, the tower icon is Downtown. View attachment 677694

OH, come on, really? Should I have just said "it's in the urban area of Houston rather than the suburbs"? I was trying to give anyone who isn't familiar with Houston the understanding that it was in an Urban area and there aren't acres of parking to spread out in.

I drive all over the city on nearly a daily basis. Yesterday I was in The Woodlands, Dayton, Memorial, The Energy Corridor, Katy and back to the Woodlands. Westchase is in Houston proper, not the burbs that are called Houston. That was my point.

And actually, your pin in in the wrong spot. It's in side the Beltway at the SE corner of Gessner and Westheimer.

Have some BBQ and a Karbach my friend. Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited:
Hang in there. Looking at your information, it appears that the white interior might be the only thing holding up your order. We are seeing that a few cars with Red paint or white interior are being delivered. So we are seeing some movement. One option is to inform your SA that you would be willing to take a car with black interior if you could get an earlier delivery. A couple of people have change tires and got VINS. The same might happen if you change your interior option. Do you want a Model S or do you want YOUR Model S?

We all know that Tesla has some problems with customer service but we also know that Tesla make great cars. Today's forum has me optimistic that I will get MY Model S in a few weeks. I still believe that my car will be worth the wait. I really appreciate the information that other people have shared after their deliveries. Someday you will be telling people "I survived the Model S Refresh Delivery of 2021". This is a challenge for someone to reply with a tee shirt design.
Appreciate your words. If you're right, i want MY model s. My current Model 3P has the black interior and while i like it, i want the change. I'll continue to sulk in my misery until the VIN hits....then I'll forget it all. (Par for the course)

So those of you that DO have VIN's... Did everyone get a text/email prior to seeing said VIN or did you just randomly check and get it? Just want to know so my brain doesnt continue oozing out my ears.
I received an e-mail requesting final payment. Then I checked my profile and saw a vin. 2 hours later received a text to schedule delivery.

I
That Ebay listing is total BS. The person selling the car (buy-it-now $225K) joined Ebay (0 transactions) on June 22, 2021. Staring bid at $160k lmao.
Looks super sketch.....
And the pic is the MSM Plaid sitting in the parking lot about a month ago.
How about a listing for Plaid rides? That might make some money, I'd pony up $15 for a launch.

35, I think (the next darker one was limo tint)..front and back are the same. Dont care about the CA law, I've never been hassled about it.
That looks like 20%, looks great. Picking up my car Wednesday and dropping it off Thursday for full XPEL PPF with ceramic coating and crystalline window tint. I like 35-40%, live in NY and get what everyone is saying but its highly unlikely that I will ever get pulled over for it and if I do, I will smile and pay the ticket. If I keep getting tickets I will have the tint removed but highly unlikely. My last car was a BMW and I never put a front plate on it. No problem until one day a bored airport cop decided to cit me. I took a picture of the plate on the front of my car, showed the judge and ticket dismissed. Removed the double sided tape holding the plate for the picture and never had a problem again. Bigger problems in this world than window tinters.

they are in the process of doing that, the whole front end will be done by tomorrow and I'll have to take it back in a few days to finish the rest. There was an issue with Fed-ex and they ran out of xpel to finish it today/tomorrow.
Which XPEL ppf did you go with, clear or stealth? My MS is black and strongly considering the matte/satin look. Just don’t want it to look cheesy.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I feel inclined to switch to 21s just to take the delivery and then switch to 19s later. Because I have two things holding me back. White interior and 19 wheels. I have seen white on white but have yet to see one with 19 wheels on it. Makes me feel like the odds are strongly against me and I need to make the switch to get a timely delivery. Can't wait too long since have to sell my car in the next two weeks