Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. I am getting mine delivered from the Carlsbad delivery center. As of earlier today, they said it was in the finishing process of being built and would arrive later tonight to San Diego to be delivered tomorrow. Hope everything works out!
Mine is coming from the Carlsbad delivery center as well. They told me the car finished production on June 23rd, but has still not arrived in Carlsbad. I was told they are expecting 70 incoming cars from Fremont that should arrive between now and tomorrow.

It’s surprising to me that my car was produced last Wednesday and still isn’t here, yet they haven’t finished your car and it will be arriving tonight? I’m afraid Tesla is overextended and over promising. I wouldn’t be surprised if they miss a significant percentage of their scheduled deliveries. I hope I’m wrong about this, but my optimism is dissipating.

Same. I am getting mine delivered from the Carlsbad delivery center. As of earlier today, they said it was in the finishing process of being built and would arrive later tonight to San Diego to be delivered tomorrow. Hope everything works out!
Wow! Thats quite an expedited timeline. Being built in the AM and arrive in San Diego at night!

Still stuck at July and no amount of refreshes is changing that. I am so ready for this whole thing to be over and can’t even imagine what folks looking at a blank screen for weeks or an October date must be feeling.
*stares into infinity*

Attachments

• 904CD9A5-133E-4F83-834B-B93A283A1E86.jpeg
    904CD9A5-133E-4F83-834B-B93A283A1E86.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 84
Just picked up my LR at Mt. Kisco NY location. They have received a total of 11 refresh cars. With regards to wheels, not all have been 21”, they have had a few 19” variations.

Not sure I believe that they have actually delivered any 19” variants yet. Pictures from someone….ANYONE….or it didn’t happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

First thoughts of Tesla MS LR after an hour of driving.

Cosmetics:
Exterior - the car is really beautiful and well build. Truly impressed with the design, although the changes are subtle, they are impactful and the car just looks tougher than it did.

Wheels - I don’t love the color of the Arachnid wheels. They are pretty rugged looking but I think I am going to powder coat them. I have a black exterior and the look of the wheels on the car that Elon drove on the stage with are what I am looking for. Looked like some kind of a chrome to black sunburst.

Interior - simply awesome, simplistic and classy. I was nervous about the cream interior but now I feel very good about my choice. The screen is beautiful, fluid and incredibly functional. I have never owned a Tesla and its very intuitive. The only think I need to figure out is auto pilot/FSD.

Audio System - for a stock unit, its powerful and clear. Issue is the frequency range. A solid signal processor from the factory head unit to some improved amplification equipment a Focal 10” sub and Focal Utopia 3 way speakers in the front and we can make this work. Will use a high end DAC as the source. There is a great AV pro that has done amazing work on Tesla’s in the past that I will be bringing my car to in a couple of months.

Yoke Steering Wheel - Before taking delivery, I read lots of mixed reviews. To be honest, the Yoke is going to take some getting used to. A lot of the complaints I have read are about the signal controls, I actually think those will be easy in a day or two. But the actual Yoke itself is different and feels different. My 19 YO son came with me. As soon as we got on the highway, the combination of the acceleration and the yoke, I got a bit nervous. I am sure after a week it will be fine but like many others have said, it takes some getting used to.

LR Acceleration - Now I think I might be afraid of the Plaid and glad I didn’t order it. No offense to those Plaid owners out there but the LR is really plenty. I hit the accelerator hard a whole bunch of times and force is insane. I have been in and driven some powerful cars but this was different. You just feel the pull of the car and its not just to 60, it felt and quick and smooth to about 105 is where I took my foot off. It will be a lot more fun when I get more comfortable with the yoke and feel that I have solid control over the car.

Handling - Doesn’t make any sense to me how this car handles the way it does. I am coming from a BMW M4 Convertible which handled great, the Tesla is night and day better in tight turns and higher speeds. I’m a finance guy, not a physics guy and this just doesn’t make and sense how Tesla was able to make this happen.

Delivery Experience - Almost as great as the car. Quick and easy and my advisor Dylan Karlok (if you take delivery at Mt. Kisco, ask for him)was as good as you can possibly be. Me and my son were sitting up front, he jumped in the back and gave us a really simple to follow tutorial and set us up completely. He is also a big Tesla fanboy, very much into the company and truly knows a lot about the company and the cars themselves. Once we had the car all figured out, I had to sign and initial a few registration forms and off we went.

For those of you suffering in anticipation, its worth the agony. It’s not perfect but its exceeded my extremely lofty expectations. Hope you all take delivery soon.

Not sure I believe that they have actually delivered any 19” variants yet. Pictures from someone….ANYONE….or it didn’t happen 🤷🏻‍♂️
My SA that walked me through the delivery was really great, no reason he would lie to me. I asked the specific question because I was asked to earlier by another person that lives in NY. I asked and he answered definitively. They did not have a lot of cars in their lot that I could see but it was late in the day for deliveries.