Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i just called my SA for my daily call to annoy them. He straight told me, white seats are your hgold up, they are producing far more cream than black. I said ok ill take black seats, no prob. See if anything actually happens.......
But....but white seats is where it's at dude. You're telling me for me I got two things keeping me from getting my car. White interior and 19" wheels 😳

I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

View attachment 680245
Is the white mark on the driver door bottom edge?
It looks like tape residue, can you feel it with your finger?

or maybe we need a better shot -- direct shot?

Your post says the rear door, I am not seeing it in the pic.

interesting, no contrast stitching on the dash like eric's. i wonder what the build date difference is between the two
Good data point. @EVonly and @ericw can you share your build dates? Should be on the sticker inside the drivers door. Zoomed in on @EVonly's first photo and can make out 06/21. Unless their SA has the exact date, that is likely the best we are going to do.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Attachments

• BAFACAE4-8C84-4867-AF77-1B6E8CF34D0B.png
    BAFACAE4-8C84-4867-AF77-1B6E8CF34D0B.png
    588 KB · Views: 111
I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
Looks like you have some paint damage on that driver's side window in the first picture. I'd take the car back and demand a refund.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
Looks great! The detail shop should easily take care of that.. Could be residue from the shipping wrap.