Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprised with the Plaid vs LR debate. I have see this kind of arguments all over the place. Saw them break out on the Audi forums between Audi S5 and Audi RS5 guys, then on VW forum between GTI and R folks. 335i vs M3, C350 vs C63, the list goes on and on lol
Personally, I would have loved to get the Plaid instead of the LR but at this stage, the LR will be plenty for me. I have no false notions that the LR is somehow close to the performance of the Plaid because its not. If the Plaid did 0-60 in 10 secs and the LR did 0-60 in 11.1 seconds, I would have laughed my a$$ off at the folks who shelled out $45k more. But at 2 secs and 3.1 secs, its a totally different ballgame, its more than 50% so why shouldn't the price be 50% more? Both cars are a heck of a deal for that price.
This all day long!
I'm impressed by both vehicles. I think people need to stop comparing them and realize the LR is beyond anything most here have driven and that the Plaid is just next level nuts.

Plaid 1 - going on 2 weeks+ with a VIN, no confirmed delivery date. Was July 5-15, then 10-20, then 11-21, now just July. The VIN has disappeared and reappeared a couple times too.

Plaid 2 - took delivery this weekend. About a 2 week gap from when the VIN first appeared to when I got the text/call to schedule delivery.
Your getting two plaids? Why? That would be a double 🦚 🦚 peacock!

Anyone else have a VIN and have not received the official email yet? Or, did it take you longer than a few days to get the email and schedule the pick up day? I'm on day 3 from VIN and starting to get nervous lol.
I’m not sure what email you are referring to. I received a VIN in my account and never received any notification from Tesla. I called my SA a couple of days later and scheduled delivery over the phone. I’m sure if I was waiting to get an email, I’d probably still be waiting.

I understand and appreciate his dreams made into reality and I get his super genius visions. But no reason why an auto manufacturer/software company cannot continue with developing the highest technology and best products in the market without all the childish names and features. While I understand the wildness and amazing achievements, the company can continue to grow and produce awesome technology and amazing EVs but tone down the kid-ish stuff. That's all I'm saying. And I see how "cult-ish" Tesla is and how defensive and crazy the Tesla fanbois get. I mean, really, we're not trying to become members of the tree-house club boys and girls, are we? It's 2021 and most of us are not children here. Just saying.
Ole Swedish saying
If the map and the terrain disagree, believe the terrain.

Just using my fingers and toes it would appear to me as though the children on this forum are currently in the lead. Any more adults want to chime in?

Perhaps one day, Tesla will "grow up" as a company and stop with their childish, geeky names for things..."Cheetah Mode, Plaid, Ludicrous Mode, etc." I'm sorry but it's just and childish. I'll deal with it but I'm not going to promote it like a 15-year old would for their video games. :rolleyes:
Doesn't anyone realize how stupid my extended signature sounds? Guess not...you all probably love it! LOL. 🤔 🤪

1626127758194.png

A VIN HAS APPEARED!

Ole Swedish saying
If the map and the terrain disagree, believe the terrain.

Just using my fingers and toes it would appear to me as though the children on this forum are currently in the lead. Any more adults want to chime in?
It's okay. I've learned from past dealings on other car forums (BMW, MB AMG, GT-R), aside from a select few new friends made, not long after taking delivery of the new MS Plaid, like others on here, many people like myself will fade away and return less if at all to this Forum and thread of course. Most of us have more important things to do in life.

It's all been super helpful and I've enjoyed 95% of the discussions, but of course, there are always a few who make it all less enjoyable. Some may say the same about me and that's fine; people disagree plenty but the defensiveness and immaturity of some seem a bit intolerable. This tends to lead people to leave TMC and other similar online car enthusiast forums after a while. There are more important things in life, you know. 🙏:cool:

Reactions: Fastcar