Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's okay. I've learned from past dealings on other car forums (BMW, MB AMG, GT-R), aside from a select few new friends made, not long after taking delivery of the new MS Plaid, like others on here, many people like myself will fade away and return less if at all to this Forum and thread of course. Most of us have more important things to do in life.

It's all been super helpful and I've enjoyed 95% of the discussions, but of course, there are always a few who make it all less enjoyable. Some may say the same about me and that's fine; people disagree plenty but the defensiveness and immaturity of some seem a bit intolerable. This tends to lead people to leave TMC and other similar online car enthusiast forums after a while. There are more important things in life, you know. 🙏:cool:
Have you owned a GT-R before?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I hope Elon reads this thread, and changes sflgator's low speed noise for forward and reverse to belch and fart noises respectively.
Just saw Endgame on TV, I have to admit I love the sound they put in for the E-Tron when Tony drives up to Steve(particularly when he backs up). I wish we could choose that sound for the pedestrian sound. And no, I would never defeat it. First, I can’t hear it from inside. Second, the liability is massive if an injury occurs and a safety device was found to have been disabled. And finally, is it worth how you might feel if you hit a child because, perhaps, they didn’t hear you. I would like to think most folks in this group has a semblance of a conscience.

Im sitting here studying the tracker sheet. Looks like no one on there has taken a delivery from a plaid + conversion....

....so my question to all of you: Has any of you taken delivery after converting to Plaid from Plaid + after it was cancelled on June 6th?
I suspect Brooks with DragTimes was a + but do not know if the Plaid he took delivery of was a replacement for the + order.

I suspect Brooks with DragTimes was a + but do not know if the Plaid he took delivery of was a replacement for the + order.
He actually had both ordered; not sure what happened when the Plaid Plus was cancelled. Tesla Plaid Channel also had 2 orders in, and that order has been converted to Plaid. He now has one with 19", and one with 21" whichever gets to him first.

Not surprised with the Plaid vs LR debate. I have see this kind of arguments all over the place. Saw them break out on the Audi forums between Audi S5 and Audi RS5 guys, then on VW forum between GTI and R folks. 335i vs M3, C350 vs C63, the list goes on and on lol
Personally, I would have loved to get the Plaid instead of the LR but at this stage, the LR will be plenty for me. I have no false notions that the LR is somehow close to the performance of the Plaid because its not. If the Plaid did 0-60 in 10 secs and the LR did 0-60 in 11.1 seconds, I would have laughed my a$$ off at the folks who shelled out $45k more. But at 2 secs and 3.1 secs, its a totally different ballgame, its more than 50% so why shouldn't the price be 50% more? Both cars are a heck of a deal for that price.
Plaid seems to be around 2.2-2.4 seconds from a standing start and no roll out. The LR is 3.1 without roll-out, so you are really talking about $45k more for .8 seconds benefit. Thats not 50% better and in my opinion not worth it for the every day driver. The LR’s acceleration is incredibly, almost a little scary, anything quicker is for very specific people. If you have the money to spend and its not a big deal to you, yeah absolutely get it.

Does anyone else (LR or Plaid) have stitching in the back of top left corner of the Yoke not completely 'put together'? There's a section that's sticking out and I keep picking at it with my index finger as I drive and I fear I'll make it worse. I wonder if this is standard on all Yokes similar to the 'vein'? It's one of those nit-picky things I am not at all bothered by, but mostly looking to identify if it is a pattern or one-off.

I will take a photo when I get a chance.

Should there not be an email asking to submit final payment?
I never received any email communication. Once I received a VIN, I did everything through my SA. I called to have FSD removed and she modified my purchase agreement and told me it would be available later that day in my online account to approve. I then approved the new purchase terms and submitted payment. Car was delivered to my house and it couldn’t be opened until I accepted delivery on my Tesla account. Once accepted, I had control of the car through my Tesla app.

I’m not sure what email communication others received, but I wouldn’t wait around for that to occur. Maybe I just circumvented the process by going directly through my SA.

Plaid seems to be around 2.2-2.4 seconds from a standing start and no roll out. The LR is 3.1 without roll-out, so you are really talking about $45k more for .8 seconds benefit. Thats not 50% better and in my opinion not worth it for the every day driver. The LR’s acceleration is incredibly, almost a little scary, anything quicker is for very specific people. If you have the money to spend and its not a big deal to you, yeah absolutely get it.
ANNNNNNNNND so the arguments start YET AGAIN!! OMG 😑 🤣

I’m not sure what email you are referring to. I received a VIN in my account and never received any notification from Tesla. I called my SA a couple of days later and scheduled delivery over the phone. I’m sure if I was waiting to get an email, I’d probably still be waiting.
I called my delivery center. Both they and my SA confirmed that once I'm scheduled for pickup I'll receive a text or email for the next steps. What was interesting is the delivery center was able to confirm my MS wasn't assigned a carrier yet, but should soon.

The peer pressure in this joint is too much to handle.....
That had a small amount to do with it. But honestly I have ALWAYS been 1/4mile guy and family. This is a car we feel we can keep for a very long time and enjoy. I’m not super happy about having a car note again, but for this car, and alien tech it has, is worth it. Just glad I was blessed to have the opportunity to get it. The spouse actually pushed it a little more. Which made me go better do it now while in agreement. Lol.

That had a small amount to do with it. But honestly I have ALWAYS been 1/4mile guy and family. This is a car we feel we can keep for a very long time and enjoy. I’m super happy about having a car note again, but for this car, and alien tech it has, is worth it. Just glad I was blessed to have the opportunity to get it. The spouse actually pushed it a little more. Which made me go better do it now while in agreement. Lol.
HECK YEAH BROTHER! I'm not a drinking person, but:🍻

Just saw Endgame on TV, I have to admit I love the sound they put in for the E-Tron when Tony drives up to Steve(particularly when he backs up). I wish we could choose that sound for the pedestrian sound. And no, I would never defeat it. First, I can’t hear it from inside. Second, the liability is massive if an injury occurs and a safety device was found to have been disabled. And finally, is it worth how you might feel if you hit a child because, perhaps, they didn’t hear you. I would like to think most folks in this group has a semblance of a conscience.
I think the sound is poorly implemented. I think if they had applied a standard of sound emitted, vs. just slapping it on EV's, you would end up having to apply this same noise to a lot of ICE vehicles. When my wife backs down our driveway, with her SUV in idling, it makes very little sound. definitely less than the noise of these EV speakers.

Children have been dying to ICE vehicles backing down driveways for decades. An unsupervised 4 year old is not going to be saved by this. I think they should have at least given the consumer sound options, just like a cell phone ringer.

To all that give me a thumbs-down on my comment here...whatever, it's fine...to each, his/her own but sorry, I personally think it's all just plain strange and kid-ish. Personally, I would rather just have the moniker like Model S Performance or Model S P Tri-Motor and instead of "Cheetah Mode," why not just leave at "Launch Mode?" Everyone knows what it does by warming the batteries to optimum temp & lowering the vehicle down for a lower center of gravity and better traction for the best launch from 0. Just saying. Okay, you all can keep giving me more thumbs-downs here...it's cool...don't care, lol! I know there are many, even millions of folks who love these immature things...fart noises coming from the car, "Cheetah mode," "Plaid" or "Ludicrous Mode" but again, all these things were dreamed up by Elon whom, as we all know, yes he's a true genius but he's also on the spectrum and a bit childish, no?
An iconic car deserves an iconic name. There is nothing about that car that is sensible, why should the name be?