Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is literally my biggest complaint about the Taycan. I spent some time with the Turbo S and nope. Never again.

None of VW Group's EVs do. Why? Because the Germans believe that not using the brake pedal is lazy. I don't know what's wrong with them, but holding your foot on the brake like a peasant in 2021 feels so ridiculous once you realize how illogical and steam engine-like it is.

And that is without launch mode!!!
I'll be honest with you guys, the fastest car I've ever driven before this week was a test drive of a Jaguar XJ-R about 14 years ago. It was uncomfortably fast for me. I now have a rental 2018 MS 75D. I looked up the relative times and the MS 75D is now the fastest (quickest) car I've ever driven at 0-60 in 4.2.

The MS LR will be nuts for me. Although for some reason I still am envious of the evil twin of the car I'm getting! It is pretty awesome that the quickest production car on earth is so attainable! All because of the genius of Elon made performance electric cars a reality. Otherwise we'd all be stuck behind Prius's going 40 MPH up hills (not because that's all they can't go faster but because their owner's are too fixated by their mileage meters to go faster).

Thank you Elon and Tesla for changing the world and keeping Prius from being the epitome of electric cars!

I'll be honest with you guys, the fastest car I've ever driven before this week was a test drive of a Jaguar XJ-R about 14 years ago. It was uncomfortably fast for me. I now have a rental 2018 MS 75D. I looked up the relative times and the MS 75D is now the fastest (quickest) car I've ever driven at 0-60 in 4.2.

The MS LR will be nuts for me. Although for some reason I still am envious of the evil twin of the car I'm getting! It is pretty awesome that the quickest production car on earth is so attainable! All because of the genius of Elon made performance electric cars a reality. Otherwise we'd all be stuck behind Prius's going 40 MPH up hills (not because that's all they can't go faster but because their owner's are too fixated by their mileage meters to go faster).

Thank you Elon and Tesla for changing the world and keeping Prius from being the epitome of electric cars!
HEAR, HEAR!🥂

I still don't think that the LR uses the carbon-wrapped rotors due to the gearing, but whatever wizardry they've applied to these PM motors is amazing, as it seems to be holding power quite well. It must have quite an efficient EM field for what it's accomplishing.

This is a turning point for every PM motor out there. The LR may hold max power from about 70 all the way to 130 or 140. Every other non carbon-wrapped PM motor is going to look archaic compared to these.

Last edited:
Tesla MS Rental!
FYI - I rented a 2018 MS from Enterprise and got a rate of $100/day. This is their insurance rate - having body shop work done (don't ask!). $3K/month isn't cheap, but it's the best deal I know of for those like me wanting to put their chargers to use. I couldn't find it on the Enterprise.com site. I found out they buy them to supply to the Tesla dealer locations, so if you want one, call the Enterprise location nearest the local Tesla dealer and ask them for a rental Tesla. I had to show up around their opening time to get inventory.

The FSD subscription pricing is amazing if you only want to use FSD a few times a year for trips or for a leased vehicle. 10k as a guaranteed price financed for a purchase is still the best way to go if you want this all the time.
For me adding fsd last month was a good move. With my FOMO, and leasing, it should cost me $4,500 over 36 months, better than the $7,200 it would have been via subscription. Yes subscription would have been less if used intermittently.

Tesla MS Rental!
FYI - I rented a 2018 MS from Enterprise and got a rate of $100/day. This is their insurance rate - having body shop work done (don't ask!). $3K/month isn't cheap, but it's the best deal I know of for those like me wanting to put their chargers to use. I couldn't find it on the Enterprise.com site. I found out they buy them to supply to the Tesla dealer locations, so if you want one, call the Enterprise location nearest the local Tesla dealer and ask them for a rental Tesla. I had to show up around their opening time to get inventory.

What happened?

What you all have been waiting for. As promised, friend with a LR ran a drag strip tonight. This one was NOT including launch mode. Another round coming with launch mode. I was not there. This was shared with me. Video coming. @2021plaid @Hayseed_MS @Drew-MS @sflgator @Tigers @Ramphex View attachment 685254
If this is true. I called! Damn it I should placed that bet with someone. I’m not sure who it was. But damn that’s a good time and a hell of a trap. 128mph is higher than I was ever expecting. The 60ft could be better, I’m assuming launch mode will help that. With a better 60ft it might go a little faster. Very impressive for the MSLR

If this is true. I called! Damn it I should placed that bet with someone. I, it sure who it was. But damn that’s a good time and a hell of a trap. 128mph is higher than I was ever expecting
The trap is what impressed me most. Look at this way: the Taycan Turbo S makes 616 hp without overboost (i.e. launch control) and weighs 5,150 pounds. The LR makes 670hp, appears to hold it for longer, and weighs 4,561 pounds. This WILL pull a Taycan from highway speeds.

D742B5D4-F467-48AC-8EDD-F40153DFD205.jpeg

Partial cheetah stance. Did not lower all the way. Shaved a hundredth of a second, 1 MPH faster.

The trap is what impressed me most. Look at this way: the Taycan Turbo S makes 616 hp without overboost (i.e. launch control) and weighs 5,150 pounds. The LR makes 670hp, appears to hold it for longer, and weighs 4,561 pounds. This WILL pull a Taycan from highway speeds.
The MSLR doesn’t have the carbon wrapped rotors. But does have the new motor design and same battery pack as plaid. this would be a good run on the top end for a taycan turbo Not to sure about the turbo S tho. I want to see that race happen

The MSLR doesn’t have the car in wrapped rotors. But does have the new motor design and same battery pack as plaid. this would be a good run on the top end for a taycan turbo Not to sure about the turbo S tho. I want to see that race happen
The Taycan Turbo S traps at 129-130 mph on a dragstrip, with overboost. That's with it doing 0-60 in 2.4. Without overboost, they will be close absolutely, and the LR might well beat it.

View attachment 685265
Partial cheetah stance. Did not lower all the way. Shaved a hundredth of a second, 1 MPH faster.
The issue here is the 60ft time of 1.8. If this is the best it can do Tesla is holding that car back off the line and releasing more power and carrying it longer. If that car can get 1.7 or better 60ft It will 10.7. Damn I’m good and still got it when it comes the 1/4miles times. I’m super pumped for people getting MSLR. I’m now kinda like I would have been fine with that over a plaid!

……………… naw plaid it is still. Lol