Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had alot of new cars. My plaid is 3 weeks old and has almost lost the new car smell due to the vegan leather.
This should help 🤣

Attachments

• B36DEB6C-7377-4BB7-B718-265929BC72CB.png
    B36DEB6C-7377-4BB7-B718-265929BC72CB.png
    792.5 KB · Views: 57
I've had alot of new cars. My plaid is 3 weeks old and has almost lost the new car smell due to the vegan leather.

Mine is over 3 weeks old and has lost that smell. I would like to blame it on the seats but wife tells me quit blaming it on the chair. It may be the long trips and chicken wings...

Hi Gang,
I just saw the latest Gabe Flyover - here's what I noticed (please forgive if this has been posted already):
1) The Dusty 450 remain unchanged
2) I THINK there are less cars on the side by the railroad (single file, now backed in)
3) It looks to me like the logistics lot is how you would want it - not an abundance of cars, and activity of being sent out. I presume by truck to train unless relatively local SCs, and then directly to them (or not on the train line). I IMAGINE cars are being sent to SC's even with the hold, as the hold issue may be SC correctible - so get the cars there for distribution. Might also explain VINs being assigned during the hold. Also possible the hold only applies to the batch from last week or so. Lastly, I can't tell well, the logistics and trucks may be non-MS cars.
4) I couldn't tell if the cars seemed dusty near the launch day stage (not sure what you call that area near the test track but on the side)
5) I've seen repairs, etc. near the launch day stage - this flyoever I saw a huge white sheet or whatever between two sets of cars (maybe 20 cars long?) - why? is it for folks to perform work? Not like these cars are going to leak oil. I can't understand what field repairs would be done outside versus inside unless easy, no room inside, etc.
6) I saw an 18 wheeler (truck cannister) loaded with tires. And they weren't neatly organized like new tires should be (in rows, etc.) - this looked to me like used tires. Why on earth would a new car factory have used tires??? Unless it is a service to the employees to dump their tires, or local stations, or they buy old tires and make new ones or somehow use them for vegan leather or whatever, why does the factory have old tires???????
7) Back to the dusty 450 - I can't imagine what is so bad about them that Tesla isn't shipping them to the SCs and then just wait for the necessary parts. Must be "something" - but then why not take the cars back to the factory - strip, fix, build, sell? Absolutely not making sense to me unless these were earmarked and built for 19" wheels. If we get a new vide in August where these are all gone (and then to the logistics lot) it may very well have been the 19" wheels.

I IMAGINE cars are being sent to SC's even with the hold, as the hold issue may be SC correctible - so get the cars there for distribution. Might also explain VINs being assigned during the hold. Also possible the hold only applies to the batch from last week or so.
Late June build here just arrived at the delivery center and is subject to the hold. It looks like everything is on hold.

Funny thing started today with my app... The image shows the both front and rear trunks opening and shutting. I am watching the vehicle and there is no change but every 15-30 seconds, both trunks pop open on the image and then shut.
I haven't received my car yet but I didn't order the option of having my car possessed. Maybe that is why cars are on hold, they are performing an exorcism.

The app will let me vent the windows but not put them all the way down. When I use the vent, it states that it will not be able to close the windows remotely. I see no other button to put the windows up.
I didn't believe you. ;-)

Just tried, and both my 3 and my Y let me do it. The S warns I wont be able to close them... WTF?