Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished trolling the delivery center lot and found my car. It's fresh off transport and has yet to be detailed. It was awesome seeing it in person! After taking it all in and admiring the color, peeking in the windows, and whatnot, I spent some time inspecting the build: glass, seals, hood, headlights, hatch alignment, and tail lights all look good—the door alignment, too, with just one exception. The driver-side rear door sticks out a bit on the bottom. What do you guys think?
View attachment 1058309

View attachment 1058311View attachment 1058312View attachment 1058313View attachment 1058315View attachment 1058316View attachment 1058323View attachment 1058324
3/24 build date? Does it not have the sport seats?

If not, reject unless there is a big discount.

What's wrong with your Plaid? Mine is also 534xxx.
Do a search for this member's posts and you'll find this answer to your question

We owned our S for 3 months and been having a wind noise issue at the passenger front since day 1. Tesla has offered to repurchase the vehicle after trying to fix the issue with multiple repairs that included the mirror, fixed glass on the mirror, door seal, bright work, and the windshield. I’m on the fence if I should get another one or the cybertruck 😬
Ah darn. I have the same issue, but on the driver's side. They said they fixed it after the first service visit. I haven't wanted to go back again to have them try again. I was going to try and find the source myself first with masking tape. Maybe try that foam strip kit.

On Sunday I picked up my red Plaid. Really love it so far. It’s my 5th Tesla and first Plaid. In the past my purchases have gone totally smoothly with Tesla. This time, there was a little stress. I ordered in early May and the delivery date would be extended every day. Last week I saw that an inventory car matching mine was available so I asked my advisor if I could just take that one. Immediately after I received a text saying that my car was ready. She claims that the one I got was the I one I was matched to. Quite a coincidence that my car was suddenly available but no worries. It does have a build date on the sticker of 5/24, not 6/24. The stress happened at 5 pm the evening before my 10 am Sunday delivery. I received a letter from Santander Bank saying my loan with Tesla finance was rejected! Despite a score of 807 and having zero debt (as it said in the letter). I had received some good health news that week, so it all was in perspective. I figured I’d just go get another car. I texted my advisor and she replied to me at 5:30 am Sunday that all was good, the letter was a mistake (what was she doing working at 5:30 on a Sunday!). Delivery was seamless that morning. Very organized. On Tuesday this week I get a cryptic email from Tesla saying there’s a problem with my loan! No callback phone number in the email. Bizarre. I replied and later got another email saying that my signature had not worked at delivery and they just wanted me to resign my loan document. I have done it and hope that that is the last of it.

I had a 2016 S, which still drives beautifully (I gave it to a family member). This one is wonderful as well so far.

On Sunday I picked up my red Plaid. Really love it so far. It’s my 5th Tesla and first Plaid. In the past my purchases have gone totally smoothly with Tesla. This time, there was a little stress. I ordered in early May and the delivery date would be extended every day. Last week I saw that an inventory car matching mine was available so I asked my advisor if I could just take that one. Immediately after I received a text saying that my car was ready. She claims that the one I got was the I one I was matched to. Quite a coincidence that my car was suddenly available but no worries. It does have a build date on the sticker of 5/24, not 6/24. The stress happened at 5 pm the evening before my 10 am Sunday delivery. I received a letter from Santander Bank saying my loan with Tesla finance was rejected! Despite a score of 807 and having zero debt (as it said in the letter). I had received some good health news that week, so it all was in perspective. I figured I’d just go get another car. I texted my advisor and she replied to me at 5:30 am Sunday that all was good, the letter was a mistake (what was she doing working at 5:30 on a Sunday!). Delivery was seamless that morning. Very organized. On Tuesday this week I get a cryptic email from Tesla saying there’s a problem with my loan! No callback phone number in the email. Bizarre. I replied and later got another email saying that my signature had not worked at delivery and they just wanted me to resign my loan document. I have done it and hope that that is the last of it.

I had a 2016 S, which still drives beautifully (I gave it to a family member). This one is wonderful as well so far.
Glad to hear the chaos is behind you. Any issues with the car so far, or nice clean build?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hi all,

Just ordered my Model S tonight and have a few questions. My VIN was assigned near instantly, so I'm thinking that this is an already existing inventory vehicle. Last 6 of the VIN is 537xxx - can someone with a recent VIN assignment let me know if this is in range for a newly manufactured vehicle? I'm inclined to reject the VIN if this is a months old inventory vehicle. Thanks!
my car was made mid April and it's 538xxx

My MSP (URed/Black interior/yoke/19" VIN 539xxx, birthdate 5/8) has been sitting on the lot for about a month (see my older posts for details). On Wed I made an unannounced visit to try to get more answers - first to see if they brought it under cover as requested...no, but the delivery guy remembered me from my previous order (rejected due to paint chips) and he generously offered to bring it up so I can look at it closely. It was still in the same spot outside. Looked it over closely and things still generally look good. Went back to the showroom area and still got general, varied bits of information about exactly what needed to be inspected and what software update was required. Service guy looked it up on his computer and said oh yeah, seatbelts, yup, parts are required and we're waiting on parts, no ETA. Asked if I had a delivery date yet (no) and he said usually they look at it when there's a delivery date...so do we have a process problem here? Talked to the sales manager who said no, that's not it, we're just waiting on parts and try to be patient. Dejected, I walked out.

Two hours later, I get a "schedule your delivery" notice. :) Uhh, sure, ok, let's see if this will really happen. 10am Fri. On arrival, car is pretty well cleaned up, spent a good 45min inspecting all the paint with my own microfiber cloths & water (a few insignificant scuffs that will likely easily buff out), no underside scrapes/damage, nothing in interior damaged (no seat wrinkles), panel alignments all look good. Sure, let's do this! Charge was about 42% and they happily charged it up to 80%. One final look at the tires for punctures/screws/plugs (had a friend take delivery of a new VW Tiguan with a patched tire that started leaking a year or so later). OK, yes I accept this baby!

Being my first Tesla purchase, super happy, drives great, suspension settings are really nice and distinct - comfort is very different from sport - I briefly tried and liked the suggested manual settings for softest on compression, stiffest on rebound. Need to do my own alignment checks for toe and finish the installation of the wall connector. Super hot here in the DC area (94-97) and the AC/heatpump worked like a champ. Lots of heat from the glass roof (not a fan), but have the Basenor roof + windshield/rear glass/side windows sunshade combo pack on the way.

But it is still unclear why this car sat on the lot for 4-ish weeks. The last person I spoke to seemed to know the gory details and said the software update was to disable the driver's seat occupancy sensor (to avoid allowing the driver to lift out of seat and unbuckle w/o a warning), but why this held up my delivery is beyond my understanding as others were getting deliveries here, existing cars on the planet would get the update in due time, just like mine would...whatever, maybe my visit got someone to look closer and get it done.

Thanks to all for the advice, suggestions, and support here. Great to have this community!

My MSP (URed/Black interior/yoke/19" VIN 539xxx, birthdate 5/8) has been sitting on the lot for about a month (see my older posts for details). On Wed I made an unannounced visit to try to get more answers - first to see if they brought it under cover as requested...no, but the delivery guy remembered me from my previous order (rejected due to paint chips) and he generously offered to bring it up so I can look at it closely. It was still in the same spot outside. Looked it over closely and things still generally look good. Went back to the showroom area and still got general, varied bits of information about exactly what needed to be inspected and what software update was required. Service guy looked it up on his computer and said oh yeah, seatbelts, yup, parts are required and we're waiting on parts, no ETA. Asked if I had a delivery date yet (no) and he said usually they look at it when there's a delivery date...so do we have a process problem here? Talked to the sales manager who said no, that's not it, we're just waiting on parts and try to be patient. Dejected, I walked out.

Two hours later, I get a "schedule your delivery" notice. :) Uhh, sure, ok, let's see if this will really happen. 10am Fri. On arrival, car is pretty well cleaned up, spent a good 45min inspecting all the paint with my own microfiber cloths & water (a few insignificant scuffs that will likely easily buff out), no underside scrapes/damage, nothing in interior damaged (no seat wrinkles), panel alignments all look good. Sure, let's do this! Charge was about 42% and they happily charged it up to 80%. One final look at the tires for punctures/screws/plugs (had a friend take delivery of a new VW Tiguan with a patched tire that started leaking a year or so later). OK, yes I accept this baby!

Being my first Tesla purchase, super happy, drives great, suspension settings are really nice and distinct - comfort is very different from sport - I briefly tried and liked the suggested manual settings for softest on compression, stiffest on rebound. Need to do my own alignment checks for toe and finish the installation of the wall connector. Super hot here in the DC area (94-97) and the AC/heatpump worked like a champ. Lots of heat from the glass roof (not a fan), but have the Basenor roof + windshield/rear glass/side windows sunshade combo pack on the way.

But it is still unclear why this car sat on the lot for 4-ish weeks. The last person I spoke to seemed to know the gory details and said the software update was to disable the driver's seat occupancy sensor (to avoid allowing the driver to lift out of seat and unbuckle w/o a warning), but why this held up my delivery is beyond my understanding as others were getting deliveries here, existing cars on the planet would get the update in due time, just like mine would...whatever, maybe my visit got someone to look closer and get it done.

Thanks to all for the advice, suggestions, and support here. Great to have this community!

Awesome and congratulations on your successful delivery! I hope you enjoy the hell out of your first Tesla.

Confirmed no scapes at all under the bumper, and zero seat wrinkles to be seen front or back.
Congrats everyone. Any more Lunar Silvers?

That red WHEW 🔥

Re condition upon delivery - admittedly I’m not the most particular, but I do have extensive Tesla experience. This recent car’s condition was the best I’ve had at delivery since the refresh S in 2016, really great. Condition was spotless aside from minor door alignment which I’ll deal with whenever, or maybe never it isn’t a big deal to me. No wrinkles in the seat at all. Couple things reminiscent of my 2021 to be aware of - wheel vibration with 21’s at 75/80mph still evident, from moment one. If you got 21’s just heads up what to possibly expect if you get onto the highway right away. The other one was the wire outline in the steering wheel center, as expected and again no problem at all for me personally.

Congrats everyone. Any more Lunar Silvers?

That red WHEW 🔥

Re condition upon delivery - admittedly I’m not the most particular, but I do have extensive Tesla experience. This recent car’s condition was the best I’ve had at delivery since the refresh S in 2016, really great. Condition was spotless aside from minor door alignment which I’ll deal with whenever, or maybe never it isn’t a big deal to me. No wrinkles in the seat at all. Couple things reminiscent of my 2021 to be aware of - wheel vibration with 21’s at 75/80mph still evident, from moment one. If you got 21’s just heads up what to possibly expect if you get onto the highway right away. The other one was the wire outline in the steering wheel center, as expected and again no problem at all for me personally.

The red is insane. My biggest issue is also a minor door alignment. At one point, as it curves up the body, it comes within the thickness of a piece of paper from rubbing, but it's not rubbing. I will open a ticket in case it ever does, but it's a minor quibble otherwise.

I also found a small scratch on my yoke (like from someone's ring) and a small paint nib on the trunk. Some window trim was out of line, but it pushed right back into place. I will give it a good look tomorrow morning when it's not 100 degrees out, but I don't expect I'll find much else if anything.

I'm a certified National Mustang Club of America car show judge and a demanding customer. Overall I'm thrilled with the car. I will document the few minor issues in the first 100 miles just so Tesla is aware, but do not plan to follow through with any service. Color me impressed.

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpeg

The red is insane. My biggest issue is also a minor door alignment. At one point, as it curves up the body, it comes within the thickness of a piece of paper from rubbing, but it's not rubbing. I will open a ticket in case it ever does, but it's a minor quibble otherwise.

I also found a small scratch on my yoke (like from someone's ring) and a small paint nib on the trunk. Some window trim was out of line, but it pushed right back into place. I will give it a good look tomorrow morning when it's not 100 degrees out, but I don't expect I'll find much else if anything.

I'm a certified National Mustang Club of America car show judge and a demanding customer. Overall I'm thrilled with the car. I will document the few minor issues in the first 100 miles just so Tesla is aware, but do not plan to follow through with any service. Color me impressed.

View attachment 1058884
View attachment 1058885
Its a damn shame we cant have the wood interior in the plaid. So much better than the tacky cf