Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t a car that runs under 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile need a roll cage on the track? If that’s the case won’t Plaids be banned from the tracks unless one is installed?
Yes. And over 150mph trap requires a parachute. Some track are more lenient than others.

I think he was being sarcastic lol.
But very beautifully said, my friend! I too can name many members that were over the moon with the LR's results. I've personally never heard anyone say that the LR is 'too slow' or 'boring' or something like that. However, @AnselmDante and I discussed a while ago how this is just human nature, and how it is best to just ignore it.
Sarcasm is hard to gauge on forums. I will follow your advice. 👍

What’s the latest word on Carbon Fiber deliveries? I have an ever shifting date (keeps moving out 1-2 days every day for the past week or two) in mid-late August for a Red/Black Plaid with Wood (21s) and thinking about switching to CF. I don’t really believe in the ’moving back to the end of the line’ theory bcause config takes precedence. I prefer CF but also want the car as soon as possible. So I’m not sure if a switch to CF at this point will take longer or not.

Hi, after never having an estimated delivery date, my Tesla account today shows Aug. 13-26. See my build below and location.
Since mine is a 19, is this a good sign to finally have an estimate? Or does it mean nothing? I was a very early Plaid+ res holder who was called in May by Tesla and offered to convert to Plaid with priority delivery.
It does not mean jack. Tesla has shown no sign of producing 19s except for the 450 refresh model S sitting in one of their lots since May. Fairly certain there is an issue with all of them otherwise they would have been delivered. With not a single 19" officially delivered and with no signs of Tesla producing any I would not keep my hopes up. I'm so done with 21s getting VINs. This might just be my last Tesla because I do not wish to go through this again and I highly doubt they will be able to deliver Cybertruck (something that costs half the price of Plaid and has a tri-motor configuration). I also do not see Tesla changing its horrendous ways anytime soon and with them making billions in revenue in a quarter does not seem like an incentive for them to change anything at all.

Something interesting just happened.... I've had a VIN since 7/15. This morning was the first day since having a VIN that the date range did not push out another day but stayed the same as yesterday. Just NOW the date range actually moved 1 day earlier! This morning was Aug 7 - 13. Now it is Aug 6 -12. This is much different that the way I've seen things move in the past. Hoping my car is in transit.
ask a service or sales rep to track your ViN....
If it has left the factory, you won the lottery.

Last edited:
What’s the latest word on Carbon Fiber deliveries? I have an ever shifting date (keeps moving out 1-2 days every day for the past week or two) in mid-late August for a Red/Black Plaid with Wood (21s) and thinking about switching to CF. I don’t really believe in the ’moving back to the end of the line’ theory bcause config takes precedence. I prefer CF but also want the car as soon as possible. So I’m not sure if a switch to CF at this point will take longer or not.
Carbon Fiber is being built and delivered.

Why would you want to have regen lower than max? Are there times you're like to wear out your brakes instead of charging the battery?

Sorry, that sounds way more sarcastic than I mean it. But it seems to me that one-foot driving is a way better approach. Some people when they're just getting started with Tesla feel more comfortable having their Tesla mimic their ICE car, but they should just relearn how the accelerator works instead. IMO.
Especially true with the Plaid. I do not know if it is the PM motors or the extra motor or what but regen braking is stronger and the car now comes to a complete stop and puts on hill hold without doing anything (like my bud's MY). I literally no longer use the brake which may explain Tesla's change in rotors to once that do not appear to surface corrode as easily. I guess they know you will no longer be gently using the brakes to stop and thus cleaning off the post wash reddish film. I'll squirt my rotors with water today and see if they start to discolor in a few hours like my PD does.

Hi, I don't know about existing orders, but if you go on the configurator, everything is pushed out a bit, and I think carbon fiber is pushed out the furthest. Take a look and see what you get when you put it in given your location. Good luck!

A friend who is ordering a Tesla asked me for my referral code. Went to account page and it has disappeared. Fortunately I had a screen shot of account page from months ago. Are referral codes for Supercharger miles still ’a thing’?
(Ordered MSLR November 2020 — no delivery.)
You can still get the link from the Tesla app. That is the only way to get it as far as I am aware.