Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Between driving and work this week, I didn't get a chance to post my story or any pics. I took delivery Wed morning at the Rockville Service Center.

I still don't have great pics - only a few snaps from my camera. The majority are on my DSLR which I will need to download later. Here are a few until that happens.

View attachment 26868
View attachment 26867

Great car - great color!

Looking at these pictures you realise that there is now a whole new generation of children growing up for whom the EV is perfectly normal and the ICE the exception.

Dallas Tesla Delivery

I just took delivery of my Tesla Model S at the Dallas Service Center.

It was a fantastic experience. Glover Davis walked me through all of the steps of operating the car and was very helpful with all of our questions. I highly recommend him if you visit the Dallas Service Center.

I took delivery and went straight to a local Toyota car dealership to drop off my previous car of 3 years.

As soon as we arrived at the dealership, all the salesmen came outside and drooled over the car. They all circled it and started taking many pictures. It was a very cool sight to see.

Luckily, everything went flawlessly and I will be driving my Tesla around Dallas all day for the next 24 hours! I am as happy as can be!

Here are some pictures from the day:

IMG_1894.jpg
IMG_1917.jpg
IMG_1918.jpg

Awesome! I love the white! I saw a white in person and it looked great but I ordered a blue as blue is my favorite color...

What was your toyota that you had? Did they give you a good deal? I'm thinking of bringing my Prius C by carmax and the local Toyota dealer and choose whoever gives me a better deal.

Awesome! I love the white! I saw a white in person and it looked great but I ordered a blue as blue is my favorite color...

What was your toyota that you had? Did they give you a good deal? I'm thinking of bringing my Prius C by carmax and the local Toyota dealer and choose whoever gives me a better deal.

I previously had a RAV4, so this is a very big upgrade! I looked around and got a few offers, and the Toyota dealership happened to give me the highest price. I did not check out Carmax, so they might give better offers! I suggest you go to Carmax so you know you get the best deal possible!

P16059 reporting for duty in Houston, TX! Magnificient vehicle. What can I say that hasn't been said? Accelerates like my Porsche 911 Turbo (which has been reassigned to track duty). Handles like a Porsche Panamera. Really feels like a spaceship next to my dad's S500. In fact, I just might call her the U.S.S. Enterprise. Xpel Clear Bra and Photosync tint are going on the next 2 weeks. My only complaint is the panoramic roof gets hot hot hot! Even though it has a tint rating of 10 or 20, it was 98 degrees in Houston, today and the heat was searing through. Definitely putting extra tint up there.

IMG_3106.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG
IMG_3107.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3105.JPG
    IMG_3105.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,403
Last edited:
P16059 reporting for duty in Houston, TX! Magnificient vehicle. What can I say that hasn't been said? Accelerates like my Porsche 911 Turbo (which has been reassigned to track duty). Handles like a Porsche Panamera. Really feels like a spaceship next to my dad's S500. In fact, I just might call her the U.S.S. Enterprise. Xpel Clear Bra and Photosync tint are going on the next 2 weeks. My only complaint is the panoramic roof gets hot hot hot! Even though it has a tint rating of 10 or 20, it was 98 degrees in Houston, today and the heat was searing through. Definitely putting extra tint up there.

View attachment 27476View attachment 27473View attachment 27475
Congratulations, another TESLA addict! Enjoy..It just keeps getting better.....My wife has caught me checking on my 'blue mistress' with my Iphone from time to time :biggrin:

Mine was scheduled for August 12th. Actually available on August 10th, but I am out of town :crying:
With the new design options, I decided to make some changes (adding PCD). My car was already in production. I guess Tesla's happy to take my money, because they allowed me out 9 days before delivery. They said they will stop production to make the changes. I got a call from them a few hours later saying that it was too late for my original VIN and they will have to build a new car and my wait will start all over. I got another call today saying that they managed to catch my car in production and begin the changes. I still may get my car in a week! So excited.