Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would that matter? It would not affect the definition. But okay, if Tesla knew February was not possible when they said it, it was immediate.
Oh, but it does matter... If you had a trade, whose value was only guaranteed for "30 days or 1000 miles," and you specifically picked a configuration ('cause your flexible) based on the "at deposit time" estimate - only to immediately learn after your $100 was lifted from your wallet that your new estimate is six+ months out. Trade in devaluation risk, at the minimum.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hi guys. I took a break for about a month but have been reading the posts here time to time. My Red/white/21”/wood Plaid ordered in April. EDD said June till 1st week of July and then went blank. It has been blank since then. No updates from Tesla. Called my SC, no VIn, not even soft matched.. he says not likely before October. Asked if delays in white or red paint.. he said there is no shortage but he is not sure of the process how some configurations and cars are delivered before the others even if ordered later. Losing patience at this point… reading posts here gives me some strength that I’m not alone but still wasn’t expecting anything like this… didn’t know better I guess. This is my first time buying Tesla. I have wall charger, plaid logo, T shirt, draggy and everything purchased that I look at in despair and sigh hoping one day they will meet the car

Another update:

Went to another Tesla store. Was told there was no actual date attached to my order (the other guy who said late October, early November was full of *sugar*). He said it's making progress in their system and he can see it moving so it is not in limbo.

Then said he had no date range but said check back in about a month and he expected based on current flows we will be very close then. He said the order had moved up to a new production tier but said it's obviously not being built yet. Made it sound like it's the pre-pre building stage. So I guess September maybe, March 2022 definitely.

Last edited:
I bet you anything you’re wrong. Going from my Model 3 P to my friend’s Plaid was just insanity, and we drove both back to back. The LR is a little quicker than the 3P, but my goodness, Plaid is just madness.
I went from a Model 3 Performance to a Plaid and I can confirm the difference is incomparable. I haven’t sold my Model 3 yet but I had to use it while my Plaid got tinted and it felt slow - something unimaginable beforehand. TBH, the biggest difference is above 60. At 80+ MPH you can pass people with nearly the same velocity as you get from 0-60. Regardless of how fast you drive, everyone has driven behind a slow poke and it’s eye popping how quickly you can go around someone. The 60-130 is faster than a $2M Chiron. I’d say that’s beyond worth the $50k upgrade but to each his own.

I went from a Model 3 Performance to a Plaid and I can confirm the difference is incomparable. I haven’t sold my Model 3 yet but I had to use it while my Plaid got tinted and it felt slow - something unimaginable beforehand. TBH, the biggest difference is above 60. At 80+ MPH you can pass people with nearly the same velocity as you get from 0-60. Regardless of how fast you drive, everyone has driven behind a slow poke and it’s eye popping how quickly you can go around someone. The 60-130 is faster than a $2M Chiron. I’d say that’s beyond worth the $50k upgrade but to each his own.

I agree. This is what, for me, makes it worth the extra $$$...the acceleration and power you have. Just makes driving the car more fun, compared to the other cars that I have. Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion, but for me, this being the first EV, I am happy where I jumped in, even if there are issues, getting to know FSD and being able tor relax in a car with family in chill mode, to going out into the famous mountains of the SF Bay Area is a lot of fun. Definitely a versatile car. This will be a nice transition time going to and from work (when I do go back to the office). Also helps that the markets in the past year, make it much easier to swallow the price for 6 figure car.

I really wonder if the Plaid is faster to 200mph than a Chiron. It’s got to be close. I believe a Chiron does 0-186mph in a little over 13 seconds.

I really wonder if the Plaid is faster to 200mph than a Chiron. It’s got to be close. I believe a Chiron does 0-186mph in a little over 13 seconds.
I can tell you the Plaid gets to the 163 mph top speed very, very quickly. With the 1/4 mile mph’s we’ve seen I guess that’s not surprising. I’ve never ridden in a Chiron, but the Plaid is not tapering off at 160, it’s still pulling extremely hard. I would not be surprised that the race to 200 would be very close.