Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright all. A little hope for you all still waiting and have less then stellar SA's. I ordered in Feb and did the whole song and dance for months even getting a narrowed down delivery date range just to have all that disappear. This was when I started to think of other options. I located a few other Tesla Stores near me and called in the morning on Friday asking if there was any in stock Model S's AKA Refused deliveries for whatever reason the buyer chose not to get the car, the car is perfect. I was lucky enough to have had a manager answer when i called a different location and she offered to put me down for the "Right to first refusal". Literally a few hours later i got a call from my SA explaining that she called him and they had an almost identical match but rather then blue it was MSM. They were able to tie the VIN to my account and said I would have to pickup the car in 3 days.

Well Needless to say, they set me up for a delivery appointment yesterday morning and I finally got the car! Like everyone else said before, it is worth the wait and frustration. It does not forgive Tesla for the antics and lack of communication but, It feels much better now. Hope this info can help others in the same boat! Cross posted this! Cheers all!View attachment 690998View attachment 690999
Looks almost as good as mine.😀

Alright all. A little hope for you all still waiting and have less then stellar SA's. I ordered in Feb and did the whole song and dance for months even getting a narrowed down delivery date range just to have all that disappear. This was when I started to think of other options. I located a few other Tesla Stores near me and called in the morning on Friday asking if there was any in stock Model S's AKA Refused deliveries for whatever reason the buyer chose not to get the car, the car is perfect. I was lucky enough to have had a manager answer when i called a different location and she offered to put me down for the "Right to first refusal". Literally a few hours later i got a call from my SA explaining that she called him and they had an almost identical match but rather then blue it was MSM. They were able to tie the VIN to my account and said I would have to pickup the car in 3 days.

Well Needless to say, they set me up for a delivery appointment yesterday morning and I finally got the car! Like everyone else said before, it is worth the wait and frustration. It does not forgive Tesla for the antics and lack of communication but, It feels much better now. Hope this info can help others in the same boat! Cross posted this! Cheers all!View attachment 690998View attachment 690999
That is gorgeous!! Is that cream? May I see lots more interior pics? I was worried about the color but it looks awesome.

Just catching up as I have been out of town. Tesla ordered a new drivers seat for me, but I’m still waiting for the seat to ship from Fremont. I don’t have an ETA yet, but they returned the car and will reschedule me when the seat arrives.

View attachment 690935
I got a similar email few times last week as well as last night but looks like the part is in stock already and my appointment is in an hour from now. We will see!

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.

If history holds true, you'll see that range shrink a day or slide a day out every day for the next week or two. If you see it get down to a 7-day window and stay within a 7-day range for a few days, You'll get you VIN. You're in the homestretch!
This is one possible experience. Plenty of VIN's assigned without this holding true. I think the only thing you can count on is getting a car once you have a VIN, and I even think we had a member or two get a VIN and then have it taken away.

New member, been lurking a while and the content in this thread has definitely helped me keep some sanity after my delivery date went blank 3 weeks ago. First time Tesla buyer, I ordered a MSLR MSM | Cream/Wood | 21" | FSD on 3/22 RN11468xxxx and changed my order to MSP MSM | Cream/CF | 21" | FSD on 7/9 (well I tried to change it in June after the launch through my SA and after waiting for my account to update for a month I called a different SA and it was magically addressed in minutes) Had a delivery date with no VIN of 7/26-8/2 that disappeared 3 weeks ago and went to the blank with no estimate stage. Spent far too much time on this forum over the last two weeks but learned a crazy amount of info and over the weekend I got both a VIN 5YJSA1E65MF437xxx and a delivery window of 8/10-8/16. I'm picking up in NJ.

Fingers crossed it sticks and will share the inevitable changes that will happen between now and actual delivery, but sharing for those that are interested!!